Forums

Help › Forums

christmas day give a way

Mon, Jan 2 2017 12:37 AM (167 replies)
  • twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 7:48 AM

Robert1893:

But I suppose these threads do tend to reveal some people's character (i.e. the person who told everyone to go to hell).

Or the person who originated it with no intent whatsoever to give nothing but just a cow pie.Must commend him on the Houdini act he pulled to get out of it though. Then again, his character was revealed quite some time ago around here, should come as no surprise.

• Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 8:00 AM

@Bowl64

Ditto to what Gary posted. Either post what ball you regularly play here or post something to my wall, and I probably could send a sleeve your way.  

• Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 8:03 AM

@twinponds169

I tend to agree.  

• Bowl64
    3,088 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 8:50 AM

Robert1893:

@Bowl64

Ditto to what Gary posted. Either post what ball you regularly play here or post something to my wall, and I probably could send a sleeve your way.  

Gary and Robert: The comment i reacted to was the following:

"But many of the players who beg in these threads want the best of the best despite already having the best of the rest  and at a  time when many of the rest would just dream of having the others previous best"

Maybe i overreacted a bit and felt it was directed partially towards me. Guys i`m fine really and i thank you very much for your will to reach out to a less fortunate member of WGT :) Was gifted a sleeve of Callaway`s the other day from a member of my cc, the "Snowball" is not what i usually use no. Use a WGT-ball, GI3-D, costing 94cr, it`s a very decent ball. So, thanks again guys and i wish you a happy new year :)

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 8:55 AM

Bowl64:
    Being unemployed again and asking for a christmasgift is nothing wrong in my book.

Nothing wrong at all with it Bjorn. Although you do belong to a very generous club run by a very generous owner, I'll give her a break here and wish you the best for the new year and in re-establishing employment. Good luck to you. Srixon 13's are the better ball of what you have recently used, sent 3 sleeves. Enjoy!

TP

• VPfister
    443 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 8:58 AM

For all those that took the time to seek out a CC owner for the comments of one of it's members and then to bash this member in this thread while complaining about about him not honoring the Christmas spirit, it is rather contradictory, no?

I, unlike any of you, know Henri very well. And he's always been a nice, fair, fun and friendly guy. I'm not going to defend his comments, because I don't agree with them, but I'm also not going to grab my torch and pitchfork and continue this public lynching you're seeking, and I'm not going to let any of you tell me how to run my CC, with all due respect. I will ask Henri to either defend himself or explain his comments here, and I hope he obliges. And then I will move on.

I can tell you that we pride our CC on being a group of good players, but most importantly, good people. While Henri's comments certainly don't exemplify what my CC and it's members is about, I will let him defend himself before I throw him to the curb, because, after all, Chiristmas, and life in general, should be about forgiveness and tolerance, not about a public assualt on an anonymous internet personna.

Best regards to all, I won't reply any further on this, it's disappointingly taken enough of my time already, but I will wish you and yours all a wonderful Holiday season, and health and prosperity in the New Year.

- Victor

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 9:04 AM

i was told when i was a youngster

ITS RUDE TO ASK

• Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 9:11 AM

I was told a lot of things when I was a youngster. Doesn't mean what they told me was correct. 

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with people asking.  

• Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 9:16 AM

Bowl64:
    Being unemployed again and asking for a christmasgift is nothing wrong in my book. I have, basically, payed for every item until this point, but are now turning to surveys and videos a whole lot just to keep up with the costs of the balls.

I'm going to follow twinponds' lead here and send you a sleeve of the same ball that he sent. That way, you'll have a good inventory of the same type, rather than receiving different ones with various characteristics.  

Enjoy 

• Bowl64
    3,088 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 9:22 AM

Robert1893&TP:Guys, i`m really moved by this. Can`t really find the right words, thank you,

thank you so much :)

RSS