Forums

Help › Forums

christmas day give a way

Mon, Jan 2 2017 12:37 AM (167 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 10:44 PM

justacowboy:
    sorry folks  but santas kids decided to pick only 1 very un -selfish person to receive a gift ....cuber  your a good person

Sorry justacowboy, as I am a simple person, can you clarify who was the lucky recipient or was it Andyson's charity that was the benefactor?

If it was the latter just to stop the doubters perhaps you could post the receipt that would have been sent.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and may 2017 be a great year for all.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 1:30 AM

gohenrigo:

Hello Santas, i wake up yesterday and looked under my Christmass tree,and what did i found? NOTHING !!! So i want to thank you Santas for the nice Driver and the nike slow meter balls, that i never found under my tree...Good luck to you all and go to HELL...

Wow, what a heart warming post this is.  Nice to see the spirit of Christmas spoiled bastad* is alive and well.  "Me me me me me me me me.  Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme.  Grab grab grab grab."

Here's an idea, stop being suck a waste of oxygen and go buy your own clubs and balls you utter piece of shite.  I hope your Christmas tree catches fire.  Assuming you found a sucker to buy you one that is.

* Deliberately misspelt to get round the censor. 

• garyk49
    2,318 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 2:03 AM

Robert1893:

Regardless, I still have no idea what your point was to me or even why you jumped all over me for what I wrote. While I suppose that's neither here nor there, I have to ask: Did I do something to offend you in some way or have we had some sort of negative interaction in the past that I simply don't recall? The reason I ask is that your response seems a bit disproportionate to what I wrote, and I don't ever recall having any interaction to you. So I have no idea where you're coming from. 

No Robert you did not do anything to offend me(not directly anyway), nor have we had any other interactions.

If you have read this entire thread, it should be quite evident why my reaction to you was the way it was.  There is nobody else, if I am not mistaken, that did not take the OP at his meaning and fully expected him to select 10 to recieve gifts FROM HIM, on Christmas day, the 25th. I am sorry if for some reason that seemed to go over your head.  But you stated, that in all fairness we should, believe otherwise   That is it in a nutshell.  Does that now make more sense to you.

As far as the quote, I only wanted to point that out as I didn't want to have it reflected upon Twinpond, as he is not who said it.  He may of posted it that way for whatever his reasons may be.  I did the same thing later with Justa's post as I wanted the time and date stamp as to when it had been posted.  Quotes don't do that.  Also his quote of me was only part of what I had posted, the first part being aimed toward Mr. Henri.  If not mistaken you can read on the top of page 8.

But again, No Robert, we do not have a problem.

• garyk49
    2,318 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 2:17 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, and for some reason, the doubting continues.

Imagine that.

And to think I live in the same state.

And Alan, as far as I can tell it wasn't Cuber.

• Bowl64
    3,088 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 4:21 AM

Being unemployed again and asking for a christmasgift is nothing wrong in my book. I have, basically, payed for every item until this point, but are now turning to surveys and videos a whole lot just to keep up with the costs of the balls. Therefor i don`t agree with someone thinking i`m gready. Having said that i wish all of you a happy new year :)

Bjorn

• Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 6:05 AM

garyk49:

No Robert you did not do anything to offend me(not directly anyway), nor have we had any other interactions.

Good to know. Thank you. 

garyk49:
    If you have read this entire thread, it should be quite evident why my reaction to you was the way it was.  There is nobody else, if I am not mistaken, that did not take the OP at his meaning and fully expected him to select 10 to recieve gifts FROM HIM, on Christmas day, the 25th. I am sorry if for some reason that seemed to go over your head.  But you stated, that in all fairness we should, believe otherwise   That is it in a nutshell.  Does that now make more sense to you.

No, it doesn't make sense to me. As I mentioned, you totally misinterpreted what I posted there. I was being sarcastic. When I posted that statement, I had read the entire thread, did realize that no one had received anything (I had even looked at his profile page and saw that he had not gifted anything, and understood that people were expecting to receive something. 

So, as to the fact that nothing had been gifted and what people's expectations were, it didn't go over my head. You simply didn't realize that I was being sarcastic. Even so, in the original post, I put a smiley face at the end of my post to indicate that what I was saying shouldn't be taken completely seriously. I apologize for belaboring the point, but I do find it ironic that you're telling me something went over my head, when, in fact, you missed my sarcasm and the real point of my post.

That's also why I also asked if we had previous interactions. In discussion boards, much like in face-to-face conversations, it's important to get to know and understand a person and how they approach discussions or conversations. Once having done that, a person can better interpret what the other person is saying. In other words, instead of jumping on a person, people should consider that they might not be correctly interpreting what the other person is saying and consider that there might be an alternative interpretation. 

Now, I certainly could have worded it more clearly to indicate that I was being sarcastic. I realize that. But it was just a flippant, sarcastic statement that I posted hastily. That's all it was. 

• Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 6:25 AM

Ladychipper:

Well I see the Christmas spirit is gone already.  It's back to bah hum bug. 

The only thing I really wished for was for my family and friends to stay healthy and happy.  If you don't have your health then you don't have much of anything. 

Stay positive and think of others before yourself and you will do fine. 

As always, well said. 

But I have to add: I don't understand why some seem to have a feeling of entitlement on here. I've been on here about a year and a half, and I don't recall ever asking people for anything. I've always thought that if I want some new clubs or sleeves of balls, I'll just earn the credits.

Now, I think it's really nice when people offer or when they do gift people stuff (I've done that myself, from time-to-time). But none of those people I sent anything to had a sense of entitlement. They're all good people who I just wanted to help out because I wanted to do something nice, and I had some extra credits.  

But I suppose these threads do tend to reveal some people's character (i.e. the person who told everyone to go to hell).  

• garyk49
    2,318 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 6:48 AM

Robert1893:

Good to know. Thank you. 

As I mentioned, you totally misinterpreted what I posted there. I was being sarcastic. When I posted that statement, I had read the entire thread, did realize that no one had received anything (I had even looked at his profile page and saw that he had not gifted anything, and understood that people were expecting to receive something. 

Yes they were

You simply didn't realize that I was being sarcastic. Even so, in the original post, I put a smiley face at the end of my post to indicate that what I was saying shouldn't be taken completely seriously. I apologize for belaboring the point, but I do find it ironic that you're telling me something went over my head, when, in fact, you missed my sarcasm and the real point of my post.

You are 100% correct, I did miss it, now see after looking back.

Now, I certainly could have worded it more clearly to indicate that I was being sarcastic. I realize that. But it was just a flippant, sarcastic statement that I posted hastily. That's all it was. 

My bad, I think I was stiil upset with Mr. Donkey Butt,(playing alittle nicer this time) and that got headed towards your direction, when I responded to your post.  For that I am Sorry.

Think Gimme Generation.  Which I definely don't fit into,(couple of generations before that, at least), might answer another question you asked about.  Don't know if he fits, but sure acts like it.

It's not the problem of asking, it's the reaction when they don't receive. Well begging doesn't count, thats something all together different.

We are Good Robert, and this should now be put aside, we have strayed way off topic.

• Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 7:10 AM

No apology necessary but thank you. I agree, we're good, and you're a good man. And on all other points, I absolutely agree. Well said. 

I hope you and your family have a wonderful and prosperous New Year. Be well.  

• garyk49
    2,318 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2016 7:46 AM

Bowl64:

Being unemployed again and asking for a christmasgift is nothing wrong in my book. I have, basically, payed for every item until this point, but are now turning to surveys and videos a whole lot just to keep up with the costs of the balls. Therefor i don`t agree with someone thinking i`m gready. Having said that i wish all of you a happy new year :)

Bjorn

You responded to a post asking what you might like for Christmas, and you answered, absolutely nothing wrong in that regard.

I think maybe you have taken offense, when I cannot find anywhere within this thread anything was aimed at you.

Oh now, towards another person ubetca.  I have looked at your profile to try and see what balls you normally use(I doubt that is the snow ball you currently have equiped), but if you let me know, maybe there might be some that I can find.

Gary

RSS