Forums

Help › Forums

clubs

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 23 2009 8:53 AM (34 replies)
  • pianoman64
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 3:10 PM

How is anyone expected to get better or to another tier if you can't buy masters clubs? If you have the money in real life you can buy any clubs you want. You can't compete in an open tournament with players who's clubs will go twenty yars further.

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 3:53 PM

Course management will make up for a twenty yard driving difference.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 4:17 PM

pianoman64:
    ... You can't compete in an open tournament with players who's clubs will go twenty yars further.
    from 20 yards farther behind you....

Yes, you can.  If you know how.  Remember, Master clubs hit from the Master Tees...

• beaver62
    28 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 5:45 AM

dude,  if i want to buy a club from the pro shop, its my money, and my choice to the the club i am purchasing,why is that a big deal with you, your still getting your money, why cant i get what i wont,???  i cashed in my clubs to get the driver i want ,now i cant get it, what about my credits, i dont want them other clubs, i want what i want to buy,!!!!

• beaver62
    28 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 5:54 AM

if i cant get what i want then give me my clubs back that i sold you, thanks.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 8:04 AM

It is rather unfortunate that you sold your other clubs without realizing you couldn't use the master tier clubs. I'm not sure how they could improve that. Perhaps you can email customer support and they can work with you.

As to buying what you want, well, that's just how they chose to structure their products, that's their right.

...though perhaps if you *really* want to, they could allow you to buy clubs not in your tier, then simply not be able to use them until you reach that tier. :]

Also your average is 68.9 , just put up 1 or 2 more good rounds and you'll be a master anyway.

• Sarg14
    36 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 8:27 AM

Hello,  just wondering when I might be promoted to master. I have an average of 66.52 at the current moment.  Kinda cheated to get that low. Played the back nine at Kiawah for two straight days.  Maybe tonight I will be promoted and be able to buy that sweet master driver.  Yes I know that it will put me from the back tees but it will also make the game more enjoyable.

Sarg

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 8:30 AM

In the FAQ it says they run the process at night, but it seems when I moved up from Hack/Amateur it was instantaneous. Also I thought 66.5 was good enough, if not it must be mighty close.

Guess we will see tomorrow .:]

• Sarg14
    36 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 8:32 AM

Just read on the FAQ page that iit is done nightly.  Last night I was at just over 67 so I am assuming that if I can keep it together I will get there tonight.  Thanks Sabbath

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:28 AM

WGT has just announced moving up tiers will be more difficult starting today.

Anyway, the debate in the current thread shows WGT's business model isn't as straightforward as some posters (erm, erm) like to proclaim. WGT could get $15+ from me instantly if they permitted Pro players to purchase that best driver & the new TaylorMade club set. Because it's next to certain I'll never move up to the Master tier, WGT simply won't get those $15+ from me. It's strange for WGT to be voluntarily diminishing their revenues that way, but it's their choice!   

RSS