Forums

Help › Forums

clubs

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 23 2009 8:53 AM (34 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 5:09 AM

RojoYoda:
    but has anyone noticed that the R9 9.5 has been reduced by 100 credits to the new price of 800 credits?? Bought this club only a few days ago for 900 credits and was more than slightly peeved at seeing the price reduction! :-(
    I can kind of see your point here... but I also look at it this way, when a new technology comes out in say, computers, doesn't the price of the old tech drop?  Same principle here, you have to shell out the big buck to have the latest and greatest but if you want to be thrifty you could go a generation or two back and save some money at the expense of performance.

• RojoYoda
    39 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 7:07 AM

Yeah I understand that mate, think I was just peeved that it happened to me. Just think WGT might have waited a while longer till they reduced the price! Think WGT might be caught between 2 stools with the 'Master' 8.5 driver being released at the price of 800 credits and having the Pro 9.5 driver at 900!

It was more of an observation than a major complaint!

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 10:41 AM

Ok thanks Faterson. It's my fifth day on the site. Just offering my opinion. I meant sick in the new age meaning of the word. Btw I put the wedges that came in the rapture set back on the shelf and put back in my bag the original wedges. I might sell them back for a sleeve of balls.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 11:32 AM

Just a note that there are, unfortunately, no Rapture wedges available. They just sell 2 Ping wedges as part of the Rapture club set, but they aren't really Rapture wedges.

(I don't use Ping wedges either, but currently a combination of a 54° TaylorMade wedge with a 60° Tour Starter wedge; awaiting the arrival of a 64° wedge, like many.)

• pianoman64
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 8:53 AM

just a hint to you about to make masters. I was lucky enogh to make it my first month. but when i bought my masters clubs, I was stupid enough to think Icould take them right out and play them. My average went up 3 strokes like that. So if you've been playing raptures, go out and play 10 or12 practice rounds. You will love the clubs once vou get used to them. But your putting is still where you'll lower your score.

RSS