Thu, Oct 27 2016 4:05 PM (118 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 12:02 AM

pdb1:

alanti:
    What I said

Sure sounded like that . 

Not at all, just perhaps your comprehension of what I wrote was misconstrued, But words on a page can have many interpretations, that is the joy of the written language. So when reading something, some people only see what they want to read. But again, does it really matter?

Whilst you are correct, we were not talking about what could have been, however I alluded to this as for the majority of CC's. by persisting with a flawed concept, WGT have missed out on a golden (and I am not talking of putters) opportunity to reap in the masses. 

pdb1:
    Regardless . This event . The way it has this draw on a person to drive and dig even further . All the while knowing the blatant exploitation . Yet blocking that and having a passion that justs increases . Is inexplanable .

The above quote and ensuing paragraphs nearly smacks of a madman who has lost his senses..........but in a warped way, I understand what you are saying.

I certainly do not agree with it, and certainly do not understand that mentality, but I do respect it. After all, we are all different and have different motivations.....but for those who are cynical could easily say, "There is a sucker born every minute".

Perhaps it is just me, as I do not churn out endless rounds (I usually play unlimited tournaments once) and I am sitting on zero consecutive days......but fun is not what seems like a punishment (remember having to write lines as a punishment at school) by having to play endless rounds just to say, :we played more than the other team"....

Winning or having some ranking has to be on results played on a level playing field, anything less is hollow....in my eyes.

But for those who enjoy it.......good luck (or should I say, cash up and play a lot).

• VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 1:03 AM

Congrats to your club, pdb1. Fine effort.

pdb1:
    But it does mean something to the team . The CC has pulled together in ways not possible before .

Yes, I play in clash events, too, with GO FOR THE GUSTO. I share your assessment, although I'll be mocked for it here. 

pdb1:
    Because the team did it . that is more important than the prizes or the event or what place or an undefeated streak . 

The clash events have brought our club closer together. It's that 'team' spirit you mentioned, I suppose. We have club tournaments, brackets, etc., but it's club pride we take in participation TOGETHER ... teamwork. That's not to say those who don't participate in clash events don't have a sense of comradery, teamwork and club pride. 

pdb1:
    Many know what i am saying . Because they have been there .

It's certainly not for the ridiculous tee markers and flags. The T. Rex for this last clash was probably the goofiest tee marker ever made by WGT.

BUT ... every two weeks is a bit much. That's my personal opinion. Once a month is enough. Also, the prizes need to be revamped. WGT is just being lazy not adding to the virtual prizes that literally cost them nothing. I've posted on that before, only to be ignored by WGT and admins here. The silence is deafening. (See this thread): http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/375099.aspx

Below are Clash #27 results 1-9, for the record. Majestic Mountain and The Georgian both set point total records. As you can see, about 60,000 points separates second and third place and more than 20,000 points from first to second place.

For our club, it's our highest point total ever, with 44,218 points. We felt good about that, and although it does not prove skill, we do have many skilled players in GUSTO. Our closest competition was 7,500+ points behind us, GC Deutschland, although they traded third place with us more than once during this event. We had 84 club members play at least one round -- our best participation to date in clash events.

Interesting note, GC Deutschland had 105 members in their club for this clash (total members, not members who played), and beat many larger clubs that regularly participate in clashes. So for those who say the clash event is geared only to larger clubs, they've just proved that theory wrong. And, a few clashes ago, there was one club with 30 total members in the top five.

I personally spent 3,000 credits for balls and CC passes and played forty 9-hole rounds on Royal St. George, St. Andrews and Pebble Beach during the event. Had some good rounds and some bad one's, but learned more about the courses with each swing.

pdb1:
    But you cannot put a price or value on some of the fun and rushes that have been shared in many CC's over the last over a year and a half .

Agreed.

I also reached legend saturation during the event, which was a nice bonus surprise. And one thing is for sure, the clash event is a great way to mindlessly knock out ranked rounds in hurry.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 3:22 AM

Paul you clearly do not understand what is being said, I'll ask you once more, please please stop talking shite,

Your replies to Alanti show a complete lack of comprehension on your part. A six year old could understand the point being made, the point that you clearly missed.

Are you as dumb as you appear in the forum or do you twist the meaning of others posts deliberately for laughs? If so, you're not funny.

The Georgian will continue winning until every clash participant has a golden putter. That's their 'thing' obviously and good luck to them.

Us golfers problem with the clash is simple, the best golf does not win this 'golf' tournament. Anyone who can't see the legitimacy of this complaint is a deluded fool.

Now back over to you (pdb1)...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 4:42 AM

pdb1:
    Very much like the new tier debacle .

What new tier debacle?

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 5:08 AM

We recently played the Georgian and had a resounding win in a recent matchplay comp. Now they were and still are a fantastic bunch and they enter and win a tournament created by WGT, not their fault that the tournament is boolox, they dont make the rules, they just play it, and good luck to them.

But if folk like us say its sh!te we get hammered, have a look at that list, yeah scottish bravehearts did play in Finnys world cup and will undoubtedly play in the next xmas one.

I look forward to see the clash clubs join them in the next one Finny organises, including your club P.

Once again, The Georgian games were all played in fantastic spirit with a great bunch of people.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 6:05 AM

PaulTon:
    Paul you clearly do not understand what is being said, I'll ask you once more, please please stop talking shite,

Haggis all over you (pdb1).

PaulTon:
    Anyone who can't see the legitimacy of this complaint is a deluded fool.

Paul (pdb1), stop. For once I agree with Alanti and that hurts. Just stop.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 6:20 AM

pdb1:

Smart move Chris . I need to heed that advice .

Oh please don't.  Whatever would we do without your massive thread where you constantly sniff your own farts while extolling the virtues of your CC?

Clashes?  Utter bollox if you ask me.  Not that anybody did but 'eff yer, I'm answering anyway.

Quantity over quality, has been since day one.  Got a bit better when a birdie started scoring more points than a par but it's still about who can post the most scores.

Easy fix.   Only allow 25 rounds per club per clash to be posted.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 7:11 AM

25 rounds!

Just thinking about it can be interesting ...

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 10:48 AM

nanstar:

25 rounds!

Just thinking about it can be interesting ...

They can make it whatever they want for me, 10, 15, 20, 40, just so long as it's not unlimited.  It seems unfair that clubs with 200 members get pitted against those with 10 or so.  There's no way they can get enough rounds played to stand a chance.

By the way, I saw what you had another visit to that thread.   I thought we had a gentleman's agreement  ; ))

RSS