Forums

Help › Forums

WGT: please revamp prizes for CC tournaments

Wed, May 4 2016 10:26 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 10:25 PM

There's not much imagination that go into the prizes for country clubs placement in the CC clash tournaments that happen about every two weeks around here. As you can see ...

Second and Third place gets CC passes for members, five total, the markers and flag - exactly the same prize. Woopie!! 4-10 gets four CC passes, the markers and the flag.  11-12 gets exactly the same prizes as 4-10. That's incentive?

Please add some extra incentive for 2nd and 3rd Place and finishing in the top 10. The prizes for being in the top 25 should be less than 4-10. They are currently exactly the same.

Ideas - a sleeve of balls for all members of a club who finish in 3rd place.  Or speed boost for 4-10 ... there's many others in the virtual shop.

These are virtual gifts and cost WGT $0.

Of course The Georgian gets the gold putter every other week, so that's a given.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 11:08 PM

VegasWade:
    Second and Third place gets CC passes for members, five total, the markers and flag - exactly the same prize. Woopie!! 4-10 gets four CC passes, the markers and the flag.  11-12 gets exactly the same prizes as 4-10. That's incentive?

There used to be speed boosts as prizes, making a difference in number, but they've been taken away.

OTOH, the prizes fit perfectly to the purpose: Create a hype for a Golden Calf to make your customers spend their credits, but don't provide any return of any value - RGB 255,238,130 doesn't sell on the gold market, and the other "prizes" are ridiculous.

• VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 11:27 PM

It makes no sense

alosso:

There used to be speed boosts as prizes, making a difference in number, but they've been taken away.

Why would they take them away? They are virtual prizes that cost WGT $0 and can add to incentive for playing the tournaments. 

It makes me sad, alosso.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 11:43 PM

VegasWade:
    Why

Most difficult question since we only see the results.

Perhaps these were too useful in playing the clashes, enabling more games to be played.

Edit: Sometimes they cut in their own flesh, closing doors to more revenue.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 11:44 PM

Why revamp the prizes? Firstly WGT should revamp the format to encourage quality over quantity.

Whilst players continue to play these meaningless clashes, WGT will continue with the same mediocrity, offering useless prizes.

I look at your 2 days activity and you have purchased over 40 passes trying to buy a top placing, but you have barely shot under par.

Can you not see players like you feed the WGT greed and until that revenue stream dries up, they have no incentive to change formats or prizes.  

You may feel sad.....I would feel duped.

• VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 11:55 PM

Not going for the top. That's not going to happen, but I like competition. But yeah, the events are happening far too frequently and it's starting to feel like a grind. As to par, I just made legend two weeks and Bethpage is kicking my ass. Duped? Nah. It's $20 including balls. Cheapest two days of entertainment around.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 12:04 AM

VegasWade:
    But yeah, the events are happening far too frequently and it's starting to feel like a grind.

They will continue while players feed the beast, and I am not having a dig at you personally. 

Congrats on Legend...look on the bright side 15 at BPG is easier now!

It is your money and yes, I maintain this game is cheap entertainment. I personally offer prizes in CC tournaments as I feel that is better for the CC rather than a few stale pizza boxes.

Overall this games prizes need a revamp as they have stayed pretty much the same since the inception, Add to that the award/reward system, there is no incentives, so we play for that entertainment.

The CC I am a member has a grand total of Zero points, if WGT enticed players by having a meaningful event based on skill, I am sure ball usage across many clubs who ignore the clashes would skyrocket. Can the passes, ball use is the revenue

• VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 12:13 AM

I understand. You make some good points.

alanti:
    ..look on the bright side 15 at BPG is easier now!

It's #15 that's giving me trouble. Bogeys and double bogeys. Also #17 has given me fits. If you have any tips, pass them on. I could use the help ;)

Although, check out the crazy eagle I posted on #15 from yesterday. I saved it on my profile. Crazy!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 12:26 AM

As a rough rule of thumb, I add 15 yards on the front pin (plus or minus allowing for wind), aim left of the pin and full bs, hopefully it will roll back to be below the hole (exactly as per your shot).

Back pin is trickier so I still use full bs and aim to get just over the bank. Above the hole is a pretty slick downhiller.

17 front pin is a little tricky, so I seldom use much spin and a touch long is ok even though it is downhill. Below the hole is best but easy to be in deep rough or the bunker. The back pin is easier,

Enjoy the ride.

• VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 12:33 AM

Thank you!!

• PAGES
RSS