Forums

Help › Forums

INTERESTING CLASH 27 RESULTS

Thu, Oct 27 2016 4:05 PM (118 replies)
  • Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2016 4:05 PM

When I first joined WGT,  a very smart man told me if you want have with this game, stay out of the forums...at the time i was like..what forum..now that I know what forum I totally agree..and have read and made my last post here.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2016 6:18 PM

I am not going to mock the CC Clashes - most players recognise that little, or no skill is required to be "successful" in them, as it is about participation and the willingness to buy CC passes and possibly speed boosts.

The word "interesting" is hard to quantify - some may find watching paint interesting, others will not.

So those that like the clashes and see the that the results are "interesting", well power to them.

What does need mocking is WGT idea of a reward.......

pdb1:

Congratulations! Your club finished 15 in the CC EVENT #27 that ended on 09 Jul.
    You've received the following for playing:
    TeeMarkers: TRex, Flags: TRex
    4 WGT Country Club Passes
    Cheers!

Congratulations! Your club finished 15 in the CC EVENT #26 that ended on 26 Jun.

You've received the following for playing:

Flags: Dice, TeeMarkers: Dice

4 WGT Country Club Passes

Seriously....these are like booby prizes....surely! That is not disparaging the achievement (for lack of a better word) but how is that considered a reward?

Why some people get so bothered by other opinions is beyond me. If you cannot argue a point without getting angry or seeing something as a personal attack, then perhaps the forum is not the place to be,

It is a place to vent, make suggestions and talk about the game - players may not always agree with each other but that is like any situation in life.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2016 6:26 PM
    This post has been deleted.
  • ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2016 6:53 PM
    This post has been deleted.
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2016 7:29 PM

Sigh,

I'll just let Alan respond on his own, my guess he'll mention something about reading and comprehension, selective quoting, etc...but let's see how he handles this...

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2016 7:50 PM

pdb1:
    So basically you are saying that only CC's and players with little or no skill enter and play in these right ? How do they choose all these lowly players . Let's ask these CC's you say have little or no skill alanti .

Where did I say that?

What I said to be "successful" in the CC clashes is about participation, not the actual scoring. WGT did try to rectify this but a "clash" or CC vs CC must be based on scores. alone, not participation. Therefore skill has little to do with a result.

I have played with a few Georgian members and they recognise that as well, even several of their player have stated this in the forum before!

To be blind of the failings of such a poor implementation speaks volumes about your thought process Paul, bordering on being embarrassing. The concept could have been great, sadly the dead horse has been beaten so badly to death, not many players really care and possibly is how smaller clubs who are willing to pay for passes can be "successful".

But I did love your quip regarding the only thing you won last week....I can relate to that lol.

RSS