Forums

Help › Forums

Christmas in July 2016

Fri, Jul 15 2016 4:51 PM (275 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2016 4:31 AM

Cheers mrcaddie.

A Nike Fly 3 wood is about to be on it's way to happyjack.  I hope he enjoys it  : )

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2016 5:00 AM

I'd like to join in, but as always, I'm broke. 

So if anyone would like some artwork ( CC logos, CC banners, personal player pics etc.) done, just post on my wall with a description of what you would like in the pics.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2016 5:17 AM

If Andy Sullivan comes up trumps for me in my bets for the French Open, I'll  gift a sleeve.

That's the best I can do on a tight budget here, saving for a new putter.

And while I'm on it, I've been considering this putter, would anyone recommend it?

NIKE Method 001 Putter (L77+)

2,000 Credits

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2016 5:41 AM

Well gents MrCaddie and friends helped me out when things where not going great for me, on the up slope now, i will gift , great job opey. 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2016 6:04 AM

Dubfore:

If Andy Sullivan comes up trumps for me in my bets for the French Open, I'll  gift a sleeve.

That's the best I can do on a tight budget here, saving for a new putter.

And while I'm on it, I've been considering this putter, would anyone recommend it?

NIKE Method 001 Putter (L77+)

Hey D-

Check under your tree...you might find a nice new putter under it. Now please use your last remaining credits to send out a sleeve and help spread the joy.

Let us know how the new putter is working out for you.

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2016 6:40 AM

shovlovin:
    Well gents MrCaddie and friends helped me out when things where not going great for me, on the up slope now, i will gift , great job opey. 

shovlovin,

It's great to hear things are going well for you right now, congrats!

I think the theory behind this whole "12 Days" event is that we send out gifts to newer players in hopes that they'll enjoy the game more when they have better equipment and that after receiving a gift they might return the favor some day....you are a shining example of "paying it forward".

Thanks

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2016 9:03 AM

ct690911:
    Aside from the communication glitch, this is a great initiative by Opy (and Mr Caddie?).

Thank you CT, but what communication glitch are you referring to?

Additionally, for those of you not "in the know"...this event, "Christmas in July" is run by OPY and OPY alone. Five years ago I started a 12 Days of Christmas event in December and then it morphed into a Christmas in July event as well. The two events are run separately...OPY runs the July event and I run the December event.

Please extend your thanks to OPY for putting together the 12 Days of Christmas in July.

MC

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2016 9:26 AM

mrcaddie:

ct690911:
    Aside from the communication glitch, this is a great initiative by Opy (and Mr Caddie?).

Thank you CT, but what communication glitch are you referring to?

I think this is my fault, my choice of words was very poor.

When I asked about it being a free for all I meant should those giving the gifts simply pick someone and send them a gift or would there be a list of who wants what and we'd be matched against them.  The 12 days of Christmas, I think anyway, has 1 person per day gifting so there is no chance of anything being sent double.

It would be a great shame for someone to be sent the same thing twice when the credits could have been used elsewhere and helped a different player.

Anyway, this is a great thing you guys do here, respect to you both for organising it.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2016 10:26 AM

@Caddie. I highlighted two quotes that seemed to conflict.

I know that Opy started this thread, but he has been a subdued voice, where you have been addressing questions or concerns. I thought you and Opy were working this in tandem, so thank-you for also clearing up who is doing what...lol.

No matter...initiative is gr8 and some nice folks are stepping up to help out others..full stop.

ct

• Leggoman13
    8,265 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2016 11:11 AM

Bohemian1:
    I thought of asking for a putting glitch holiday from WGT but then i realised this is about the possible, so given that the survey's just keep getting meaner i would gratefully accept a sleeve of higher grade balls just to see if they really will add to my game and make it worth my while whittling the hours away on the survey's.

check under your tree

level 33+ callaway that you use right now is good, until you reach level 95 for better clubs

hope this help get you there

as for putting glitches, WGT is joining us this july again, so maybe they can help you better than I can.

cheers

Leggoman13

RSS