Forums

Help › Forums

THE STARTERS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Thu, Sep 10 2009 9:15 PM (201 replies)
  • jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 8:36 PM

Finals scores for myself and Zippy-pivot ;

jeffdos924  43 - 37 ( that 8 bogeys/ 1 par - then 8 pars/1 bogey ...LOL)

Zip - 37 - 36

It was was terrible golf, but maybe one of the most fun rounds i've ever played. Well done, Zip .. you're going on to the next round.. congrats to you and Coolswing.

And thanks to you, Coll ... great tournament ... was a lot of fun doing this.

Jeff

• Zippy-Pivot
    257 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 8:49 PM

Havent laughed so hard in a long time!! Fun game Jeffdos. I seen parts of the course I never knew existed. That 80-90% brush shot you made was excellent. I'd still be swingin.....lol. The putt from across the water on 17 was a head shaker. When Coolswing gave us a visit on the front nine I thought I seen him reachin for some Voodoo dolls, stuffed with that Black magic sand stuff. Could very well be the reason for all that lag during the game......bunker magnets......lol. Any who, thanks for all the laughs. We'll meet again some day!!  Zippy!!

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 9:45 PM

Sounds like you guys had a good time there Zip and Jeffdos924 ! Can't blame me for being in the sand too much ! lol ! it's the Jamaican woman with the Zippy doll in her hand ! lol ! Wait till we play Zip, I'm going to get the Bethpage thistles out and you know what I will do with that ! lol !

Thanks for completing your match, congrats to Zippy-Pivot,  bad luck Jeffdos924 it's was really nice meeting you too.

• Jiggs445
    27 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 10:08 PM

Just finished my match with jpmejiae.  Good company and good competition.

Jiggs445 34 -35 = 69

Jpmejiae 35 - 38 = 73

Wanted to shout out to jp who had what must be in contention for shot of the tourney as he holed out for birdie on #4 at Bethpage from the rough, 42 Yds... on one hop.  Good match.

• jpmejiae
    2 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 10:10 PM

I've just finished my matches.... Jiggs 445 is a graet player and he's gonna make a good knockout phase, fo sure... How ever I have to say that the first 9 holes at Bethpage were plenty of fun and good golf... I've made an incredible shot with the LW from the entrance rough of the 4th green and the ball just went inside the hole... Please Coolswing or any administrator of WGT, in next championships give us the oportunity to record that kind of shots

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 1:50 AM

Monday 24th of August

GROUP MATCHES -  So far Group A, D & H have completed all their matches with Group C & G only have 1 remaining match.  I need Players in Group F and in particular Group B & E to get a move on their matches, it's been very slow going and don't forget that Tuesday night (at midnight) is the deadline for these matches to be completed by.  I will disqualify players who have not made any effort to play their matches and award a win by the default to the other player in the match.  I need to start play in the knockout phase starting on Wednesday to be able to finish the tournament before next Tuesday so everyone who still have matches to play, I need you to put some urgency in to it.

Group C -  Congrats to Flocke2308 and Kaslo for finishing on top of the Point Table with one match to play to decide the Winner of the Group, they will move on to the knockout phase.  Thank you to Claremoreblue and Lvietri for playing in the tournament, I hope you both have had an enjoyable time and I wish you better luck next time.

Group G -  Congrats to coolswing and Zippy-Pivot for finishing on top with still a game in hand to decide the winner of the group, they'll advance to the knockout phase.  Thank you to Jeffdos65 and Edchavez for participating in the tournament, it's nice to have the chance to meet you both and I hope you had a good time.

Pro Tournament -  Group B & C only have 1 match remaining with Group A & D still have 2 matches outstanding.  Congrats to the following Players for finishing on top of their Group and advances to the knockout phase:

• Group B -  Bigjeff65 
    • Group C -  Scoresby
    • Group D -  Lilmike24

Again please note that you only have 2 days left to complete your matches so let's finish them off so we can move on to the knockout phase.

MATCH REPORT POSTING - As we're coming closer to the completion of the Group Stage there will be many exciting matches which will decide who will survive and who will be eliminated.  I'd like to call upon all players to post a short simple summary of their match where you could share with everyone some of the exciting moments or highlights of the match.  These posts would make very interesting reading for all the players and also help to create an entertaining atmosphere for this thread.

That's all for now, Thank you again to all the participants and good luck with your games !

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 4:45 AM

Pro group A,get ya games in where lagging behind...chears

Cobra4

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 2:29 PM

Well, get me your brother, Cobra4, if you can!    He said he'd be available tonight "from 8 pm onwards". I sent him a PM at 9:54 pm his time, because his dot is currently grey. Hopefully we can still play our game!

I also have another game to play later tonight, against DivotDave. (He said he'd be online after midnight European time.) It would be the upset of the century, or close to it, if I won both of tonight's games, which might possibly make me eligible for advancing to the play-offs.  

If we can no longer get in touch tonight, my apologies. The deadline of this particular tournament would have turned out to be too tight for our particular Group.

• nh1977
    91 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 2:55 PM

group d pro

nh1977 vs Ellisspice

ellis spice front 9  ( 40 )

nh ( has disqaulified himself from tourney ( diaster on #7 , max shots ) total 48 only finished round as a courtesy to ellisspice , so his score woud be validated. Please remove NH from any scoring.

ellis and Nh had no way of meeting your deadline for group play ( differnet time zones and work schedules making it impossibe for us to finish 18 , another factor in the DQ by nh1977

please figure out something for ellis spice back 9 round.

one more thing, very well run tournament  coolswing KUDOS( other commishiners take note of this tourney and its orginizations rules, guidelines etc .

nh1977

• Kastansa
    4 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 4:16 PM

Hello. Is this closed now? Will you be running this again? Big thanks.

RSS