Forums

Help › Forums

THE STARTERS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Thu, Sep 10 2009 9:15 PM (201 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 10:41 AM

Hi Paul.  I've received your scores from the match against Ttiimm62 and updated the Group Point Tables and the Games Results link accordingly.  Sorry for the delay as I am only online for a few minutes at a time, too much house work ! lol ! Congratz on coming top of your Group, well played.  Have a nice weekend mate.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2009 4:29 AM

Pro group A result

Cobra4              33-35   Total  68

scott13570       36-36   Total  72    Results have been posted

Cobra4

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2009 8:26 AM

Saturday 22nd of August

GROUP MATCHES - The Group matches are progressing very steadily and the point tables are starting to look real interesting as everyone is fighting to make that all important top 2 positions in order to advance to the next phase. At this stage only Group D & H have completed their matches with most Groups still have 2-4 matches left to be completed.  I hope all the players would take advantage of the weekend to meet up and play their matches.  Thank you to all the players for the effort you've been making in trying to complete your matches as quick as possible.

GROUP H - has completed all matches and Congrats to AvatarLee and Zant for finishing top in the group and will advance to the knockout phase.  Bad luck to Brandi35 and Fuzzygazz who have miss out and is eliminated, thanks to you both for participating in the tourney, I hope you both enjoyed the experienced and that you had fun time playing with the rusty old clubs !

GROUP D - also has completed all the matches with Tallacepaul and Bolloxinbruges topping the table and advancing to the knockout phase, Congrats to both players.  The remaining players Ttiimm62 and Iowankid finished at the bottom of the table but they both played some very good matches so well done to you both and thank you for playing in the tournament. I hope you both gain plenty of experience from playing with the top players and also had a good time.

GROUP A -  Even though there is 1 match to be played the Group position has been decided with Nivlac and Jtexpress advancing to the next phase, Congrats to both players.  The remaining players Salamii and Plim still have a match to play and although they both can not make the top 2 postions I am sure they will play their best to avoid finishing at the bottom of the table.

On the Pro section of the tournament all of the Groups have completed approximately 1/2 of their matches.  The only Player to have secured a berth in the next phase is Scoresby who have won all 3 matches in Group C, Congrats to him for an excellent performance.

MATCH REPORT POSTING - As we're coming closer to the completion of the Group Stage there will be many exciting matches which will decide who will survive and who will be eliminated.  I'd like to call upon all players to post a short simple summary of their match where you could share with everyone some of the exciting moments or highlights of the match.  These posts would make very interesting reading for all the players and also help to create an entertaining atmosphere for this thread.

That's all for now, Thank you again to all the participants and good luck with your games !

• TTIIMM62
    37 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2009 11:35 AM

COOLSWING -- Thank you for the chance to compete in your tournament. It was a lot of fun. TALLACEPAUL,BOLLOXINBRUGES,and IOWANKID are all great players and now friends. Thanks agian for all the hard work you put into this tournament and i hope you will host another one soon.                                                                                                                                           THKS. TIM

• jpmejiae
    2 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 2:37 PM

Hi everyone... I'm in the group B of the Pro section... I just finish my second match... both of them were grate rounds first of all because the partners who were really good players. Then, was the fact that I was playing in a tournament which is really well planed. Congratulations Coolswing.

The scores were:

Bigjeff65 35 - 33 Jpmejiae 37 - 36

Jpmejiae 37 - 35 Dharrison 38 - 35

• Serj
    57 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 10:32 PM

After the front nine...

Serj- 36

BallsDeep2- 40

Pulling out the old clubs pulled out the old tricks...which weren't very good.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 11:06 PM

Thank you to both Ttiimm62 and Jpmejiae for your kind words.  All the latest results have been updated on the Point Tables and The Games Results page.

Congrats to Bigjeff65 of Group B of the Pro Tournament for making it through to the knockout phase with 3 wins in his Group.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 8:30 AM

Thanks Coolswing,

I would just like to say how much i enjoyed the comp, even if i didn't make it out of the group stages. i just wish my laptop hadn't chosen last week to have lag probs, but i suppose thats the internet version of the yipps.

i would like to thank Nivlac, Jtxpress and Salamii. i really enjoyed their company on the course and wish Nivlac and Jtxpress all the best in the rest of the comp.

well organised and well done Coolswing hope you have another one soon. without people like you this site would only be half the fun it is. maybe the golf wasn't the highlight of the weekend mate but all i can say is-

WE WON THE ASHES :)

couldn't resist it sorry mate lol

all the best and play soon

plim

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 11:34 AM

After a game that involve many, MANY bad caddie choices for me, and lots of great putts from lilmike24, as well as a sand trap that seemed to the pull of the Sun, lilmike24 wins by the biggest margin ever seen in this tourney. Until my next match, that is! 

EllisSpice 39 + 39 = 78

Lilmike24 32 + 33 = 65

Edit: Just noticed that a. I've not put the scores in correctly and b. I'm not meant to be put the results in. Sorry about that. My mistake.

• Serj
    57 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 3:34 PM

Serj (40, 34) - 74

SkipMan20 (37, 39) - 76

In an up and down round that included many computer and swing meter problems I was able to squeeze by Skip. I wasn't able to do anything at all the front nine and Skip was able to play fairly consistent the front. We both couldn't hit a putt to save our lives with the meter jumping and the old clubs doing us wrong but I was able to get it close enough to the pin on the back nine to knock some easy birds in. Good, interesting round Skip.

RSS