Help › Forums

THE STARTERS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Thu, Sep 10 2009 9:15 PM (201 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 5:21 AM

*  THIS TOURNAMENT IS NOT SPONSORED BY WGT

Clubs Restriction:

• All Players must use only STARTER clubs and standard white ball.

**************************

Thursday 10th of September

What a breath taking finish that was, and a fitting to end to the tournament on a very high note !  Well done to both players for putting up a real show, it was almost like we were all there watching just outside the rope !  Thank you very much to AvartarLee for his detailed Hole-by-hole description of the match, you can give the typing a break for a while now Lee !

Congrats to AvatarLee for a great win in the final and become the first champion of The Starters Invitational Tournament.  Congrats also goes to Zant for a well played match and putting up a magnificent fight all the way to the end.

I'd like to bade farewell to everyone and declare the tournament is now officially finished.  Thanks to all the players for participating as well as your commitment to complete all the games on time.  Also thank you to all the players for taking the time to write the match report and share with everyone all the pulsating moments in your matches.  Lastly thank you to everyone for your humorous contributions to keep the crowd entertain while waiting between the matches, I for one thoroughly enjoyed it and had some great laughs (you da man Zip!).

Its been 4 weeks of great golf at the highest level even though we all have to put up with the old bamboo shafts, makes you appreciate all the new toys i guess ! So until I can think up a new wacko idea for a new tournament, it's goodbye from me the last time, take care everyone :-) !

KNOCKOUT PHASE SCHEDULE

KNOCKOUT PHASE SCHEDULE - PRO

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 5:31 AM

Looks like fun, I'm in!!  Just a note... better send a message to all invitees not to sell their Tour Starter stuff just yet!!

Lee

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 5:49 AM

... and I just sold the Tour Starter set 10 minutes ago.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 5:50 AM

Note to the rest of the players organizing tourneys, this is how it's done! Nice job Coolswing, looks to be a nice format.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 5:57 AM

I'm pretty impressed by Mark Holliday's work, too. He has a whole site devoted to various WGT-related ladders and tournaments.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 6:58 AM

Thanks Lee, I'm on to it write now writing to everyone, hope it's not too late ! lol

Also thanks Ncviz for your kind words, really nice to see you in the tourney should be fun.

• ARod007
    122 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 10:13 AM
    im in
  • Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 1:12 PM

in

• MyNadsItch
    119 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 1:39 PM

Im in