Forums

Help › Forums

THE STARTERS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Thu, Sep 10 2009 9:15 PM (201 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 12:21 AM

Well played Faterson And Divotdave, sounds like a real good match.  Thank you also to Faterson for finding the time to play your games, I know you were real busy so thanks for your effort.

• DivotDave
    147 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 7:08 AM

Hats off to Faterson who played very well and kept me on my toes.  As you can see the match was close throughout the entire round.  Thank you Faterson, looking forward to meeting up with you again.

Dave.

• scott13570
    76 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 8:42 AM

congratulations: to divotdave & cobra4 on going through to the next stage off the STARTERS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT.from group A pros and a big thankyou to coolswing fore organising an awsome and well executed tourney .as 4 me and faterson the rubber duck prize awaites.

thanxs scott13570

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 9:08 AM

Thanks, Dave. Scott, there are still 2 ducks to be awarded, the bigger & the smaller one, so I hope we can still find the time tonight or tomorrow to play our "consolation" game. I saw you were also a member of the Ladder 9 & Ladder 18 rankings, led by the "old boys" guard of HBthree & Tresclub at the moment.

I suggest we make our Starters Tournament game also count as two Ladder 9 games & one Ladder 18 game. That will very much give us something to play for!  I'm the current no. 2 on the Ladder 18, so should you manage to beat me, that will shoot you right up in the rankings (and shoot me down), but I'm not afraid of the challenge & hope I can cement my no. 2 with another win.  

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 10:24 AM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic       Come and get those ducks guys .......                                               Image and video hosting by TinyPic  

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 10:29 AM

Only jesting guys,enjoyed playing all 3 of you well done....G/L in the next round Divotdave

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 3:55 PM

Rubber Duck Game Report

There were some boos from the sparse crowd watching this final duel in Pro Group A that no longer had any practical significance. An utterly out-of-gas Faterson opened his round with going 4 over par on the first 3 holes, and 7 over par on the first 7 holes. Scott13570 did not even have to bring his best game to preserve the lead comfortably to the end, beating Faterson handily by 5 shots after 18 holes. Both players were an even and lackluster 1 over par on the last 11 holes, but the first 7 holes did the damage and secured the final 3rd place in Pro Group A for Scott13570.

Asked by reporters about his awful performance (some of the crowd were saying Faterson reminded them of a deflated rubber duck throughout the round), Faterson said, "It's probably no good playing two full 18-hole tournament rounds on the same day. I played my best game in the early morning, and my worst game in the late evening. When you average two putts per hole, you can't compete on this level."

The only mildly interesting fight occurred on the back 9 (counted as a separate Ladder 9 game). The game was even after the first 6 holes. On the par-5 hole 16, Faterson misfired his approach shot that put him into deep greenside rough, while Scott13570 birdied that hole. That clinched the back 9 as well, although an unexpected dramatic moment was still to come at the very end. Scott13570's approach shot on hole 18 landed in the bunker, forcing Scott13570 to convert a 4.9ft bogey putt to secure the back 9 victory by 1 stroke; otherwise there would have to be a sudden-death shootout. He made no mistake on that final putt.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 2:56 AM

Cobra4 where did you get those trophies ?! lol

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 4:14 AM

COOLSWING...

Scott13570 is my elder brother,he has a boat load of them at home,your better off asking him..lmao Great commentry by the way Fatterson...n1

• scott13570
    76 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 5:23 AM

mr faterson.just a point or to as u have said 2 18 holes in a day.may i add the first a very early am game with divotdave, and a late pm game with me plus a heavy work load in the day and meeting the tourney dead line. is enough to burn any 1 out hope all goes well in ur big game today and if u see my green light twinkling feel free to hit me for an invite in the 9/18 ladder as a revenge match good game report take care

scott13570

ps hope the crowd was'nt paying to watch us

RSS