Wed, Sep 16 2009 7:34 PM (32 replies)
  • stinkyTOE
    9 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 2:21 PM

mabey limit the amount of times someone can QUIT a game in a certian time

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 3:45 AM

That's the gazillionth thread to deal with quitters, and should really be merged with all the foregoing threads, such as this or this one. (I agree something should be done about quitters.)

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 8:36 AM

On the one hand it would be good to penalize quitters (i.e., count their score at the time they quit), but on the other hand no one can prove if someone really quit or....had computer problems, or had a real-life emergency to attend to.  So, I don't think anyone can assume. 

All WGT might do---AND I THINK THEY SHOULD---, as was mentioned before, is give each player a stat on number of games not completed, a stat we can see before we let them into our game, or we join theirs.   

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 9:32 AM

Futures:
    on the other hand no one can prove if someone really quit or....had computer problems, or had a real-life emergency to attend to.

Please read my last post concerning this matter. (This is what we get when there is no forum moderator to merge repetitive threads.)    If that proposal (originally by Lysti, I think) is accepted, there would be no need to distinguish between voluntary and involuntary disconnections. Everyone would get the chance to finish their bungled rounds, or choose a 1 point penalty instead. A measure like this would be highly effective in deterring quitters, without ever punishing anyone who quit because of Internet connection problems or real-life issues.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 10:07 AM

In case you missed a few of them, here you go! Now please quit crying over spilled milk! :)

You searched for the word(s): quitters

• Re: Quitters: Give Us Foes Along With Friends

I just wish they would ban post like this altogether. There are 15 pages of threads on this subject!! In case you missed some of them, here they are!! You searched for the word(s): quitters More Search Options PAGES « First 11 12 13 14 15 Multiplayer games where players bail out if... It's frustrating to play a multiplayer game to begin with...
      Posted to Product Suggestions (Forum) by claremoreblue on 19 Jul 2009

The WGT has created a wonderful toy for us to play with and also created an unexpected monster for them to work with; I have not played a freinds game in a while for the same reason as your post; I must admit I have left a game or two this year but only as my wife was nagging for me to get off the computer and several times with laging wgt game/ shot...
      Posted to Product Suggestions (Forum) by SWDE on 19 Jul 2009
    • Re: Anybody wanna report quitters?

You can't. It is a direct violation of the Terms and Conditions to call out players by name. At best, the post will be deleted, at worst, it could cost you a few days. Besides, what does it matter? It doesn't affect your rankings. Speaking for myself, I never play/compete against the person(s) with me, I am playing the golf course and looking...
      Posted to Announcements & Latest News (Forum) by Snaike on 27 Jun 2009
    • Re: What's with the quitters?

Hi Deadred, Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Unfortunately it happens all to often. I think quiters should be named, as you have and reported to WGT and if they cant supply a reasonable excuse, and continue quitting rounds when the going gets tough their ranking should be adjusted accordingly. There are many valid reasons for dropping out of a game...
      Posted to WGT Beta (Forum) by dorkfeatures on 19 Apr 2009
    • Re: QUITTERS

On the one hand it would be good to penalize quitters (i.e., count their score at the time they quit), but on the other hand no one can prove if someone really quit or....had computer problems, or had a real-life emergency to attend to. So, I don't think anyone can assume. All WGT might do---AND I THINK THEY SHOULD---, as was mentioned before, is...
      Posted to Product Suggestions (Forum) by Futures on 08 Aug 2009
    • Re: QUITTERS

Futures:
      on the other hand no one can prove if someone really quit or....had computer problems, or had a real-life emergency to attend to.
      Please read my last post concerning this matter . (This is what we get when there is no forum moderator to merge repetitive threads.) If that proposal (originally by Lysti, I think...
      Posted to Product Suggestions (Forum) by Faterson on 08 Aug 2009
    • Re: Quitters

I am curious, mwharley... How does one become 'honest' by finishing a game? There are entirely too many variables, and computer connections are too tenuous, to guarantee that every player will be able to complete every game. People quit for a number of very understandable reasons. Kid needs a ride, wife (or husband!) nagging, business call,...
      Posted to Product Suggestions (Forum) by Snaike on 14 Jul 2009
    • Re: Quitters, my 2nd post 3rd update.

Why cant we all just get along? Thats the risk of playing multiplayer. If a person quits or needs to get off its not really that big of a deal. Things come up. Its called life. If you cant stand people quitting than the soulution is very simple....dont play multiplayer. If i have a bad round in multiplayer i am usually respectful enough to wait until...
      Posted to Announcements & Latest News (Forum) by lilrob88 on 15 Jun 2009
    • Re: Bunch of quitters

yeah it is so childish to quit after a couple of holes especially. i used to play gettysburg quite alot for years and there would be those that quit when things weren't going their way. same in here. YOU DO NOT GET BETTER BY QUITTING GUYS! play on and learn. if you're precious rating means so much wait till 9th . lol
      Posted to WGT Beta (Forum) by jcksnghst on 19 Jan 2009

Oh please.. another post about quitters. People quit, it's a fact. Get over it. This is NOT real golf where you're AT the golf course and it's necessary to finish a round. It's a game, people quit out of frustration, real life issues, computer issues. NEWSFLASH.. there is nothing you can do about it except DEAL WITH IT.
      Posted to Product Suggestions (Forum) by Snaike on 19 Jul 2009
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 10:15 AM

The Blue Duck gave you the first page... I have page 20 (10 per page = 200 posts).

What a mess for something that really doesn't matter, imho.

You searched for the word(s): Quitters

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 11:06 AM

So, instead of legitimate solutions to discuss, we get 2 spammers happy to populate this page with nonsense content.   

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 11:14 AM

Spamming, is constantly posting about the same old chit faterson! I don't care to read your nonsense, as well you could care less about mine!

Problem is, it is a two way street here, and I would be more than happy to play you, if you would ever question my average! Just check the tournament standings each week if you ever had that thought with all due respect to you sir! Yes, the single play would be fine. I really enjoy playing all the low avg pro's and masters, a walk in the park!  :)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 11:41 AM

Faterson... it is well known that you and I disagree on the nut of this issue.  Still, that does not give license for ad hominem attacks.  Spammers?  Not in the least.

A bit of redundancy ad nauseum to make a point, yes... spammer?  No.

And, imho, the only 'nonsense content' here is the entire issue of quitting. 

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 12:13 PM

Quitters do need to be address.  Axiom, deal with it, tournament results is all that matters.  That is an oxymoron if I ever heard of one.  Agreed we all have real life issues to deal with.  However, it is easy to leave a quick message if you are legitimately quitting.  As for the computer issues and connections, that is something that WGT need to address.

Issues are numerous:

• Connection issues
    • Meter speed inconsistency
    • Averages / Tournament play / Rankings

Legitimate disconnects should not affect tournament play.  However, it is the disconnects that disrupt multi-player  games.  Alot of patrons enjoy playing in this venue, as do I.  As for disconnects, a stats count could be implemented to determine where the problem areas are.  Once your stat has reach a certain level you automatically forfeit a couple of tournaments. That would hopefully deter the disconnects.

RSS