Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Anybody wanna report quitters?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 11 2009 7:22 PM (21 replies)
  • wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 6:35 PM

I think it would be very difficult to even tell if someone was cheating. some people have great reflexes( not me )

but on the matter of quitting,  I quit quite often just because my computer loads very slowly and I feel bad about taking so long

I thinnk the real jerks are those that choose to "jpin a group"  and if some one already inthe group , god forbid,  is an amature or a hack, they decline what the heck is up with that

my 2 cents

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 6:48 PM

scoresby you dont have the right to expect anything out of anyone on this game......Oh and ive played with you before........i recall you quitting.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 7:10 PM

If there was a game lock up, then yes, I would have had to shut down.  I would have announced my intention in the chat box.  But I do not recall a game with you.  Even if we did play, It would not have been me who quit intentionally.

And though I have every right to expect people to behave honorably;  I'm frequently disappointed.

Cheers,

• backspin63
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 11:36 AM

Uh scoresby.. I played a few games where you were on and you Have  left the game!  The point is it could be because the system is running slow or slowing down, the swing bar dissapears, it gets sticky, these things happen! this game is still in beta .. its going to have bugs. I've left at the 17th hole because the game slows down to a crawl and take forever to reload. Just think about what you said in your post.. "Even if we did play, it would not have been me who quit intentionally".. that does'nt just apply to you.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 12:13 PM

Wanna play five?

• razza
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 1:04 PM

no

• xdawg12
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 2:14 PM

I was irritated by quitters, too, only until I realized their quitting had no affect on my personal stats or rank.  It seems that a lot of posts here are concerned about validation and respect that comes with winning a match, yet they do not understand that group play is unranked.  Do they really want to complete the round knowing they beat someone by a stroke, or two, or six?  Is it really that important?  I'm curious to hear what others may think about this as this appears to be a heated topic throughout many forums.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 4:22 PM

backspin63:
    "Even if we did play, it would not have been me who quit intentionally".. that does'nt just apply to you.

Perhaps wrong choice of words.  By intentionally, I  meant, "without hardware or software difficulties"

I have not and will not discontinue multiplayer play unless I'm left by myself, my fellow competitors already having quit, or, after discussion among all players via chat box, we have agreed that we start over due to hardware or software issues.

Nuf said,

Cheers,

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 12:50 PM

Due to computer problems or real life situations, a person may need to quit a game.  Don't take it personally, because you can't really know why a person quits; there are hundreds of reasons and some coulf be legit.  Let it go

• billyray37
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 2:58 PM

yeah,no doubt let it go.Sometimes people might actually have something important to do.I'd like to meet the guy who says he never quits.Sure I won't though cause he doesn't exist for some reason or another we all do it.I've done it settin at 2 and 3 under par on BPB and I wasn't real happy about it but it was that or look at a frozen screen for?.Whoever brought it up,be careful what ya wish for cause that is what will bite you.d

RSS