Forums

Help › Forums

Pinehurst Easter Egg

Wed, Mar 30 2016 11:07 AM (215 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 1:14 PM

Thank you WGT . From all of us .This has been fun . I hope WGT lets the Eggs / Pods stay .

# 1 , So that other players and new players can have fun looking ,

# 2 , It is a fun format to play for us that know the local----  You play stroke play but you have to find the egg before you finish the hole . Its a blast with Starter balls and UL .

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 5:29 PM

Day # 7 Pine hurt . just saved a replay of some place that was more than I asked for and still found Jack . 

Makes me think we should be looking for something other than a Egg / Pod .

• biggtoad
    1,360 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 6:00 PM

not sure but the dark clothes and the light head, is that slender man?

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 12:25 PM

Hello - My name is Yancy

So oh man.....its been a wild wooly ride. I changed my avatar to a female one because that's seems to be what the big boys do. So I was then I was egg-xploring still with Twominusone on the sharded pod/egg all up on Pinehurst #4. Then I see him, I knew I would eventually, the bug-eyed Rabbit. This time he has some kind of device in his hand hes checking as he hippety hops by us. So of course I gave chase and whatnots.

What next - I fell down a hole, and I need to sort myself out here but I am ready to talk about it and how we are going to tie all this eggxploring and charts and overlays and whatnots all together into a "Grand Unified Theory of Insert Wordage Here".

Catching up on the amazing work in this thread since I fell down the hole - WOW

"Never Get Out of The Boat"

Sincerely,  I am Yancy

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 4:20 PM

Just an FYI - I would like to make an EPIC video documentary re. this Pinehurst Egg/Pod Adventures. Now as soon as we solve the starmaps, overlays, and such I will write me manifesto ""Grand Unified Theory of Insert Wordage Here".

Want to credit each WGTer in this one with the eggs they found before revealing the final findings and whatnots. Hoping I can contact each of yous and get a little story or whatever you wanna share. Could b done via video, phone calls, or plain text -- u choose. ALSO - will be honoring the star-charters in same fashion. ALSO - Would like to mention those who spent time in the mulch to no avail (like meselfs).

So please message me your stories if so inclined --- I will be messaging you asking if you wanna be included - and NO is oks - there is stuff I am not ready to talk about myself.

THX TO ALL INVOLVED FROM WGT TO THE HUNTERS KNOWN AND THE HUNTERS YET TO BE KNOWN. PERHAPS THE BEST EGG-VENTURE THAT I HAVE FOUND HERE ON WGT IN FOUR PLUS YEARS......

Sinceareally, I am Yancy

For those not familiar with my videos & such - over 375+ found heres:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/yancycan/videos

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 6:53 PM

Here is an excerpt of the live, in-depth interview with Yancy -  while playing a Pinehurst Challenge on Twitch TV.

Four parts total - Alien pods/eggs? Bunny sightings, Pinehurst mulch, Medford Mel updates...and what the heck is Yancy doing w/ a female avatar? He's just a common man and whatnots. Enjoy.

• Yasch
    310 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 11:18 PM

Good news everyone, the search for the elusive egg on # 4 has been found. Thanks to everyone who sacrificed their time and effort (Opy will probably never venture anywhere near PH for some time). Special thanks to Yancy, for taking on this adventure and keeping an interest in it.

The pic says hole no. 1, but I used the option under WGT Comm.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 5:31 AM

• Yasch
    310 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 7:08 AM

Thank you TopShelf,

I'm just glad that the search for eggs/pods is over with. Many thanks to all who participated, to those who ventured into the 'unknown' and thankfully, came back to us unharmed. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 8:14 AM

Great work Yasch!  Thank you for finding #4!!

Now that we have 'em all, I mapped all the eggs/pods on a screenshot of the course from Google Earth.  Then I did a "connect-the-dots" from hole #1 thru hole #18.  Here's what I got..

IMO, its gotta be the "star" of the movie Godzilla!

**edit**   or possibly another dinosaur "star" of the movie Jurassic Park  T-Rex...

LOL

RSS