Forums

Help › Forums

V E M !

Sat, May 27 2017 4:10 PM (485 replies)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 1:27 PM

I think everyone expects the aiming arrow to be too exact of where you aim instead of taking the VEM in to account. Wgt should drop the aiming arrow and use a 5or10 yard circle that shows where the worst possible VEM shot would land. At least that would give us a chance to see where we don't want to put the ball. Sure it would effect everyones accuracy but it would bring the scores up a tad which can't be a bad thing. Keep the aiming arrow just for putting.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 1:46 PM

lonniescott711:

Thudman69:

lonniescott711:

The amount of deviation that you get will be based upon your skill level , and that is determined by your average . The lower you play your average down , the more deviation you will begin to experience . Its not your stats that determines the amount of deviation , again its your average .

Nice to know those low 50s  that some people seem to manage should actually be mid 40s.

Actually some of those scores are allowed by WGT to increase sales and revenue .

Really? And there was me thinking i was an occasional top player. If only someone had told me that it was Wgt doing me a favor and helping me out. Now i'm just depressed.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 4:12 PM

DAZZA501:

lonniescott711:

Thudman69:

lonniescott711:

The amount of deviation that you get will be based upon your skill level , and that is determined by your average . The lower you play your average down , the more deviation you will begin to experience . Its not your stats that determines the amount of deviation , again its your average .

Nice to know those low 50s  that some people seem to manage should actually be mid 40s.

Actually some of those scores are allowed by WGT to increase sales and revenue .

Really? And there was me thinking i was an occasional top player. If only someone had told me that it was Wgt doing me a favor and helping me out. Now i'm just depressed.

You can be whatever you want to be it really doesnt matter . Yes you can shoot some good scores but it also depends on WGT .  Although they claim to not target a players account and turn up the deviation on that account , they never said that they couldnt turn it down . I dont know why everyone thinks that the management at WGT are a bunch of choir boys or boy scouts . Wgt is a business and the business is too make money . If you think they wont rig an account to make a buck then I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I would love to sell you .

The game helps everybody out to some degree myself included . I`ll be the first to admit that I didnt get all the way to Tour Legend all on my own . I had the games help along the way . Not only that but the game has also helped me win some tournaments as well . That`s just the way it is and nothing is going to change that . At least I will admit it and not act like it doesnt exist .

• VEM9000
    169 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 4:31 PM

Excuse me , if I may interject at this junction, just to remove any doubt, I most certainly exist. The parameters of my influence do vary according to user skill level, however, just how and when are proprietary information, which I am not allowed to share with my adoring public. Please remember to clear your pod, and try another bay door.

Vem :)

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 4:47 PM

VEM9000:
    I am not allowed to share with my adoring public.

LoL how about us that loathe VEM ;-)

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 5:18 AM

After this, finally, evolved into a decent discussion rather than a pissing match, it allowed some very good personal explanations of the topic.

I would add one thing I believe is missing. That is that there are 2 types of players, when it comes to games like this, who will rise to the top. You have the meticulous, precise, equation working player and you have the player who plays mostly by feel, more trial & error than the equation player, but also is doing formulas in their heads, though these formulas would never be accepted by any math professor.

You probably need to be one of those types of players to even make any sense out of how the 2nd player goes about it. I can't really explain it myself, except to say, in college algebra I could get the correct answer to a word problem in my head, but never figured out the meaning of the written formula's I was being taught. I always got half credit on tests because I could get the answer just not show my work. That's the best I can relate my approach to the game, and it's the only approach I know and ever will.

Because of this, those 2 types of players will always have a different view on VEM and its affect on their game. I do agree, also finally, that it does take time to understand how the wind, elevation, club, & ball will affect their shot. And I personally believe VEM affects putts mostly, not so much approach shots or drives.

Now, though, this topic has led me to believe that those who approach the game in a very similar way will have a different take on when and how VEM may affect their play, than those who approach the game in a manner opposite than they do.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 5:31 AM

P.S. I hope that makes sense to most, because it's not easy trying to explain a, somewhat, intuitive, approach to the game. And, I do realize there are those who believe there is nothing intuitive at all about the game.

But, just because it isn't a part of their understanding of the way the game works, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone. I mean, I can say without a doubt in my mind that intuition and feel come into play often in my game. Which is still a work in progress, btw. It does take players like myself longer to 'get' all that's entailed in the game. Once you get it though, watch out math guys & girls, because a player like that will be at your level for good then.

And I know there are plenty TL's who play as I and others do.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 12:35 PM

I can say it is the same for everyone from personal experience. I was one of the players complaining about VEM seeming to have gotten way worse. Until I mapped out my irons for the first time. Fine tuned my formulas, and started taking more notes.

There still are wtf shots every now and again, but not as many as people think. It comes down to player error 98 percent of the time at least.

• Thudman69
    47 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 10:35 AM

AgentBrown123:

I can say it is the same for everyone from personal experience. I was one of the players complaining about VEM seeming to have gotten way worse. Until I mapped out my irons for the first time. Fine tuned my formulas, and started taking more notes.

There still are wtf shots every now and again, but not as many as people think. It comes down to player error 98 percent of the time at least.

60% of the time it works 100% of the time? I had my clubs more or less mapped, not note taking OCD levels mind you, but I knew within a couple of yards what should happen given wind etc. Routinely hit approach shots within 2 yds or so and shooting at around 60 +/-. Now? Fugedaboutit. You can lay all the claims you want to, I know what I'm capable of doing and what the game should be doing and it's not. So I'll politely say your 98% is pure bull. Something has fundamentally changed. Either the game has gone FUBAR or the clubs and balls have been altered or both. I'm 208679% certain there's a bit of both. You know how I'm right? My claim percentage is greater than yours.

• tdonm
    177 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 5:53 PM

i believe if you spend your money you will continue to move up the ranks. If you don't you will never get there.  I moved to master very quickly.  I have never spent a dime.  I earn credits to buy 250 credit balls by trying surveys and watching ads. I now get more bogeys than birdies or if i get a birdie I will get a bogie on the next hole. Despite all of that I love the game and will continue playing at whatever level I am.  However, I will not spend any money and I may just start using the starter ball as it now does as well as the Calloway.

RSS