Help › Forums

V E M !

Sat, May 27 2017 4:10 PM (485 replies)
  • Thudman69
    47 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 8:40 AM

lonniescott711:

Play well , have fun

And therein lies the rub. I'm neither playing well because of whatever is going on with the game, not blaming VEM entirely for some of the stuff, and therefore not enjoying it either. This game stopped being fun about a year ago. Top of the line clubs, used to use really good balls and I'll be dammed if I could shoot anywhere near a 60 or less to get my average down when I'd be shooting those on a regular basis. Now I shoot a round a day in the vain hopes that the game plays decently and consistently enough to shave .01 off. I decided long ago that I'm not putting another dime of my own money into the game. Video credits for Srixons, no point buying anything more expensive if they aren't showing an increase in performance, and no way in hell am I forking out 4+ bucks a sleeve for Nikes. When I hit the next tier, it's so long and thanks for the fish.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Wed, Sep 3 2014 7:46 PM

andyson:
    500 rounds at legend while avg. only goes down. 

I realize that quote can be interpreted differently, but I recently made Legend, I've played 800 total ranked rounds, and lately my average has been actually going up and down according to what I shoot. I know it's been requested by many to have the average better reflect the player's play, and I think they are doing it to some extent now.

Sorry to get off track a bit, but curious if that's what you mean? As for VEM, all I've ever bitched about is being told I'm not good enough to know when it's my fault or not on a missed putt. I F'n know! This may sound arrogant, but some people have a natural ability for video golf games, and I happen to be one of them. Not saying I don't have much to learn, but I am saying I know when one of my shots got screwed.

Just sick of being told I don't know by people with nothing to go on but my score history. Well, the 7 month's I've played, I would say I've played 85% ranked 18 hole rounds and I challenge anyone to go start to 7 months later playing nothing but paid tourney's and monthly stuff, and not have some crazy numbers. With the exception of a rare few.

Peace 

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Wed, Sep 3 2014 7:51 PM
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 3 2014 8:47 PM

ShadyShank:

andyson:
    500 rounds at legend while avg. only goes down. 

I realize that quote can be interpreted differently, but I recently made Legend, I've played 800 total ranked rounds, and lately my average has been actually going up and down according to what I shoot. I know it's been requested by many to have the average better reflect the player's play, and I think they are doing it to some extent now.

Sorry to get off track a bit, but curious if that's what you mean?

LOL no, once I got saturated it took me another 500 rounds to get down to TL.  I was a legend since 2010. ;(

• Pkay72
    229 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 3:07 PM

My 245 3 wood landed in the water from 230 yards to the green with a 6 mph slight side wind with a nike 5 distance 4 backspin . Played half back spin which normally lands 240 the club went 228 into the water thats cheating me out of a ball not vem

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 10:57 PM

andyson:
    LOL no, once I got saturated it took me another 500 rounds to get down to TL.  I was a legend since 2010. ;(

Oh, I see. That explains some of the players here who you would think should be TL but aren't. I've had my azz kicked by a few of em in L brackets, but I will keep trying. Only way I know, other than practice, to get better at games like this.

As for your 3W shot, my friend. That shot didn't happen to be at #18 at Congressional, did it? VEM is fairly easy to recognize. If you want to experience the full flavor of it, I bet it's still cranked up at Merion for the ALS Challenge. ; - )

But, those greens are also rated at 13, which is Champ. I still can't recall having so many lip outs in one round.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 1:03 AM

You are all barking mad, lol. VEM doesnt exist. Its all a figment of your imagination. The pro shop is selling tin foil hats for people like you. 

Sorry folks, i couldnt resist that. I just wanted to throw back what has been thrown at me in the past. Im just afraid that what folks are seeing now will not improve. I really think that once you are experiencing this, your game will never be the same. But carry on, i could be wrong.

• TCorliss
    82 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 2:59 AM

I agree. I didnt even know what V.E.M. stood for,so i kept reading.When I got my avg. down to under 62 roughly,I started to experience some of the issue's stated in the original post. I wondered wth was going on.Putts breaking abruptly near the hole,and if I miss the meter by a hair on approach  its so far off its really taking the fun out of playing..I've sunk alot of money in this game,which I really don't mind cause its a great game.But lately (especially) this morning lol I'm seriously thinking about taking a break.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 7:37 AM

TWOMINUSONE:
    Sorry folks, i couldnt resist that. I just wanted to throw back what has been thrown at me in the past.

Glad you did & it is well earned by those you speak of. TC, and the rest who know this is not some dumb azz conspiracy theory, I've also noticed shortly after you move up a tier it seems nothing really changes, except the tees, for about a week. It happened to me at TM and now L, did just fine in brackets etc. for a week or so, then BAM! The greens go up a few notches in difficulty.

Obviously, that could be just coincidence, but it's happened exactly the same way on the move to both tiers. Just food for thought I suppose, as TWOMINUSONE said, it's there and ain't going anywhere so best to just accept that if you don't want to put a few thru your PC.:-)

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 7:43 AM

mantis0014:

Congrats on your Promotion :)

-Roger

Sorry, I keep forgetting to say thanks for that. I sincerely only said what I did directed at a certain few, not to shout to the players to 'Look at me!" ; - )

RSS