Forums

Help › Forums

V E M !

Sat, May 27 2017 4:10 PM (485 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 12:58 AM

ShadyShank:
    If not, you're the player who needs more game time if you don't know your average goes to 71 when you move up a tier.

Really? lol.  Always 71? What a crock...

• JTurner7906
    137 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 3:27 AM

I turned Legend and held average at 65.... You have to be very careful not to have a bad score for at least 20-30 rounds or your average will go up. Simple math.

• PBaldwin
    108 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 6:34 AM

VEM is one of those things that we all just want to blame our bad shots on.  Sometimes you ding and the shot goes way off line or way short/long, but to know 100% sure it's VEM is almost impossible.

I have to say though, the Big Bertha 3W is the absolute worst club in the bag for dinging and going off line.  It will go 10 yards off line on a ding ~20% of the time. I hate the club but the 245 yards and stopping power of it far out weigh the disaster that can happen as I get more eagles with that than a 5 yard less 3W.  I wonder if the level 97 Bertha 3W has the same issue..  Sure would love that 5 extra yards though even if it does.

Now with the exception of the Bertha 3W I try to blame absolutely nothing on VEM.  I try to learn all I can from every shot that happens to try and dissect this game apart.  A typical shot in this game is going to vary by 1-3 yards all the time(probably the same distances left and right as well) and that's just how this game is programmed so you don't hole out every shot.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 7:01 AM

MrSCicero:
    Can or will someone explain just what VEM stands for?

Various Equipment Manipulation.

Players equipment variables can be adjusted / manipulated at ANY given time. The reason for this,,,? Not exactly sure WHY equipment is manipulated but one thing for sure,,,,it is.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 7:33 AM

V.E.M. stands for virtual equipment module . If you use the search box >>>>>>>>> you will find many threads on this topic , including an explanation of how it works . So basically VEM is the name of the program and deviation is what it does . Its what makes your shots go long or short and also gives you the results that you get when you hit those bad shots as well .

Now every shot that you take will not be deviated or altered by the games program . Can your account be targeted by wgt , yes it can but its not . The amount of deviation that you get will be based upon your skill level , and that is determined by your average . The lower you play your average down , the more deviation you will begin to experience . Its not your stats that determines the amount of deviation , again its your average .

So when other players try to tell you that you arent good enough to be experiencing deviation , thats a crock . Everyone gets it just at different levels and the better you get the more you will get . But no matter what happens just like the rest of us you will reach either Legend or Tour Legend when you are ready to do so . It will not stop you from advancing , just frustrate you along the way . Play well , have fun and ball till you fall . :-)

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 7:40 AM

PBaldwin:

VEM is one of those things that we all just want to blame our bad shots on.  Sometimes you ding and the shot goes way off line or way short/long, but to know 100% sure it's VEM is almost impossible.

I have to say though, the Big Bertha 3W is the absolute worst club in the bag for dinging and going off line.  It will go 10 yards off line on a ding ~20% of the time. I hate the club but the 245 yards and stopping power of it far out weigh the disaster that can happen as I get more eagles with that than a 5 yard less 3W.  I wonder if the level 97 Bertha 3W has the same issue..  Sure would love that 5 extra yards though even if it does.

Now with the exception of the Bertha 3W I try to blame absolutely nothing on VEM.  I try to learn all I can from every shot that happens to try and dissect this game apart.  A typical shot in this game is going to vary by 1-3 yards all the time(probably the same distances left and right as well) and that's just how this game is programmed so you don't hole out every shot.

Ditto on the BB 3w, Wgt needs to readjust this club to work properly. Or at least sell us the new one with precision or forgiveness improved.

• Thudman69
    47 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 7:43 AM

lonniescott711:

The amount of deviation that you get will be based upon your skill level , and that is determined by your average . The lower you play your average down , the more deviation you will begin to experience . Its not your stats that determines the amount of deviation , again its your average .

Nice to know those low 50s  that some people seem to manage should actually be mid 40s.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:20 AM

Thudman69:

lonniescott711:

The amount of deviation that you get will be based upon your skill level , and that is determined by your average . The lower you play your average down , the more deviation you will begin to experience . Its not your stats that determines the amount of deviation , again its your average .

Nice to know those low 50s  that some people seem to manage should actually be mid 40s.

Actually some of those scores are allowed by WGT to increase sales and revenue . When the newer players see older players with top gear shooting those low scores , it causes them to chase their tails to get the same gear . Its like using those players as endorsements . Just like we see real players endorse golf products .

You will notice also that those players who post those low 50 scores also are the top money earners and play the premium tourneys as well . But again just use the search>>>>> and look up VEM and you will find the full explanation of how it works according to WGT.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:11 AM

As I stated earlier , all shots are not deviated some are player error . Do players mis hit of course we do both in real life and this game as well . All bad shots are not the result of vem / deviation . I have hit many bad shots and will hit many more as long as I keep playing this game . Knowing and realizing the difference is the key . You cant blame every bad shot on the vem . This is what many players do especially the newer players .Tekoma you have been here playing long enough to know when its the game or you . 

Newer players have much too learn just like we did . The funny part about all of this is that WGT has acknowledged that yes VEM does exist and how it works as well . Then players turn around and try to discredit WGT about their own product . When the newer players put their time in  they to will learn the game and along the way also learn that the world wont come to an end because of it . Play well and have fun :-)

RSS