Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Changes...and Thank You!

Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:20 AM (215 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 6:30 PM

restorethis:

I for one like seeing the changes they make here on WGT.   Its not perfect, but it always keeps me coming back to try my best.

I agree with you but,after reaching level 73 so that I could buy everything that I  already own is quite funny. So what is the incentive to continue playing for Legends? Don't get me wrong I love the game, but it is going to need something to keep me here. A new longer driver would be nice..

There was a post shortly after the level system was introduced stating that the locked clubs that we already have  like the super-tri driver were slightly tweeked to make them easier to hit. Not sure how as all the attributes appear to be the same. But either wgtalex before she left or wgtsky said it.

• austinxavier
    21 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 2:33 PM

Some of you indicated that you logged in during September to realize that you had moved ahead two Tiers, while others describe playability concerns with Championship tees vs. available drivers, or having an unfair advantage over another player because they had bought clubs previous to their being locked. For these situations, we intend to level the playing field via equipment availability, so you will be seeing us unlocking more equipment more quickly.

Any time line on this? I still cant compete within the master tier when I only have pro equipment, mind you I'm hanging in there but finding it extremely hard to advance.

PLEASE HELP ME WGT

• seanyd17
    5 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 9:59 PM

Not sure why everyone is asking for a timeline on things.. its clearly noticeable that WGT timeline means nothing since the stuff they say is coming in "2 weeks" or "in the next month" dont actually happen

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 2:35 PM

Apart from when they rush things through, like the legend ball, which was coming in the next two weeks and then arrived the following day...after many people had bought other balls

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 11:48 AM

It says in "news" section that bad scores wont affect your average, only your good scores will, i just played a stroke play round with someone, due to getting hassled by my neise, i scored a bad round, but my average did go down by quite a bit.

Have i missread the post, or is it not implemented yet?

Thanks

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 12:59 PM

chrisironsbones:

It says in "news" section that bad scores wont affect your average, only your good scores will, i just played a stroke play round with someone, due to getting hassled by my neise, i scored a bad round, but my average did go down by quite a bit.

Have i missread the post, or is it not implemented yet?

Thanks

You scored a bad round and your avg went down and not up - you shoould be happy. lol - i know you meant it went up. Yeah according to WGT the new algorithm only started working today. See http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/26060.aspx?PageIndex=7

• Sinner420
    2 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 2:49 PM

Ive looked around the forums, but failed to find anything about a mobile app for WGT.....is there any news, talk, or an actual app for wgt mobile? I have a Samsung Omnia 2 running Windows Mobile 6.5....I would be extremely grateful to hear that something like this is available or maybe SOON to be available.....WGT Mobile would be Fantastic!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 3:11 AM

x1524807:

gobbog:
    WGT isn't an insurance, oil or banking system, it's entertainment.

some would say sex is entertainment, but even that is not free.

You are right that  it is not insurance, oil or banking, but if I may put this thought into your mind-----IT IS A CORPORATION, formed for only one reason, to try and be smarter than you so they can empty your pockets, put it in a politicians pocket, so he can change laws or make laws that will increase their profits. I am not making this up, it is too true to make up.

capitalism is the greatest system in the world, capitalism with greed is not that great, and capitalism with greed and dishonesty is our system. Just an opinion from a capitalist

Be sure to vote, because a vote for one party is the same for the other

Very well said from a responsible capitalist.

• DiscGolfAddict
    115 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2010 4:08 PM

I figure since WGT was making up all these new products for us suckers...I mean customers to spend our money on....that I would give em an Idea.... Avatar with dreadlocks wearing green pants with a pot leaf... done in the style of the canada pants. I would spend my money on that!!!

ETA: Give it a tye-dye shirt with a bandana do-rag!!

• TarheelsRule
    5,486 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 10:19 AM

Regarding the bad rounds comment.

I think that WGT is moving to a handicap system more in line with the USGA.  In the USGA system the handicap calculation includes the best 10 of your previous 20 rounds so in a way your bad scores are thrown out.  I would like to see them adapt our system to the exact USGA system taking into account ratings of courses, tees etc. to figure the true score.  That way someone who plays the easier courses from shorter tees will have an average reflecting true scoring as would someone who only plays the most difficult course from the longest tees.

This still won't address the quitting to improve or keep your average but frankly I always enjoy playing someone who quits or doesn't turn in their cards on WGT or in real golf.  They are playing with an artifically low handicap or average and are generally easy to defeat in a match that doesn't allow you to quit.

RSS