Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Changes...and Thank You!

Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:20 AM (215 replies)
  • stencil
    455 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 5:12 PM

SDR1234:

no it isn't an avaerage . I just played an Amatuer that had a better average than me and I have seen Masters with averages in the 70's

Some masters when they reach the longer tees struggle and their avg. shoots up... therefore there avg. is worse than your. And you have to have a certain number of ranked rounds at a tier before you move up (explaining how the am. has a better avg. than you) because if it was based solely on your avg a hack could come in and if he somehow shot 35 in his first 9 holes he would be bumped immediately up to tour pro which would not be accurate.

Stencil

• oneklr
    187 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 10:47 PM

WGTSky:

Thank you all for the thoughtful and constructive comments in response to our recent post soliciting feedback on key concerns that most directly affect you. We’ve been closely following all your responses, as well as numerous other forum discussions related to the new Tiers and Levels, so we can make changes that directly improve your experience on WGT. Here’s some specific feedback on what we plan to do…

• The new Levels appear to be advancing too slowly at higher levels. Our plan here includes speeding up the process of Leveling at higher levels by providing more experience points (XP) for finishing games, and XP awards for consecutive days played. Also, in order to make it more clear how and when you are gaining experience, a new XP summary will be introduced.
    • There have been many requests for tiered tournaments, so we are creating a Legend-only premium tournament in October.
    • Sandbagging and Quitting are two hot topics that we want to address in a measured fashion, as we have done in the past, to avoid creating systems that could negatively affect people who are playing fairly. Soon we will introduce a new algorithm, by which quitting games and purposely scoring high will no longer impact your Tier. This is not a silver bullet meant to fully eliminate sandbagging...rather, it will be part of our ongoing progress to reduce the issue.
    • More practice options. We are going to make the Champion tees available in Practice mode for stroke play and one additional green speed.

The most commented upon topics have been those regarding virtual equipment. Obviously, what’s in your golf bag has a profound effect on the outcome of multiplayer and tournament matches, as well as on your tiers, levels, and the overall “fun factor” of WGT. As such, we are planning to improve our virtual equipment in a variety of ways.

• Many of you mentioned that your new Tiers present inappropriate levels of difficulty. In addition, there is a lessened incentive to move naturally to higher Tiers when new equipment is not unlocked within a reasonable time. To address these concerns, in the next few releases, we will start unlocking appropriate equipment when you enter a new Tier.
    • Many Legend players have commented regarding the difficulty with clubs that don’t allow for a suitable drive to set up a potential birdie. As a means to tune the experience without compromising the challenges that should be faced as a Legend, you will soon see a new ball for Legends who are level 30 and above that will give a sufficient increase in distance.
    • Some of you indicated that you logged in during September to realize that you had moved ahead two Tiers, while others describe playability concerns with Championship tees vs. available drivers, or having an unfair advantage over another player because they had bought clubs previous to their being locked. For these situations, we intend to level the playing field via equipment availability, so you will be seeing us unlocking more equipment more quickly.
    • As we continue to fine tune the new Levels and Tiers, new virtual equipment will continue to be added. Please be patient as we want to make sure we continue to add high-quality equipment with attributes as realistic as possible.

Once again, thanks! Your thoughtful, well-reasoned suggestions continue to play a very important role in defining the best ways to improve WGT.

Thanks WGT for all the hard work.Any time frame on when Oakmont will open for tourament, and Country club tournament play?

• sexyalli
    129 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 5:51 AM
    Maybe you could also look into why my dam average has not changed in over a week win or loose, I have been stuck on Tour Pro 67.2 now for 8 days or more I played a Legend the other day stroke play and beat him -2 and guess what!! my average stayed the same ???? how do I hit Master if this is going to be the case ?? I am playing my A** off and not getting anywhere, please explain. SexyAlli
  • ironking34
    749 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 6:02 AM

sexyalli:
    Maybe you could also look into why my dam average has not changed in over a week win or loose, I have been stuck on Tour Pro 67.2 now for 8 days or more I played a Legend the other day stroke play and beat him -2 and guess what!! my average stayed the same ???? how do I hit Master if this is going to be the case ?? I am playing my A** off and not getting anywhere, please explain. SexyAlli

Averages no longer goes up, so if you have a really bad round then it will stay the same.  In order for your average to go down then you have to score very low.  At 67.2 a minus 2 wouldn't lower your average.  My average has gone down from 65 to 63.47 in the last 2 week so there is no problem with the averages, you just need to score better.

• henry4434
    51 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 6:06 AM

sexyalli:

Do you mean s to go up on average or down ? If your average is 67.2 and your scores for 9 holes rank from 37-42 , it will not going down . 

• overshot
    666 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 5:46 PM

Hunni as i told you last time we played there is no bug as you are at a low average for your tier so to get your average from 67.2 you need to play like a master not a tour pro & shoot some -4`s at least ...i do know a -5 & with -4 will guarantee you master so as far as a bug go`s hunni you need one up your sexy cute bum & go & doit :-) xx

kind regards

David XX

• ceige
    742 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 9:53 PM

Did i read somewhere that Oakmont will be availble in cc Tournaments?

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2010 4:07 PM

ceige:

Did i read somewhere that Oakmont will be availble in cc Tournaments?

Yes expected to be available soon in CC and weeklys.

• diablogolf
    1 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 11:00 AM

I'm new with WGT. I enjoy it except for the fact that while I'm perfecting my game it gets somewhat boring to beable to just play four courses as stroke play. Why not open them all up to stroke play??

• DavyJones1980
    43 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 4:49 PM

diablogolf:
    I'm perfecting my game it gets somewhat boring to beable to just play four courses as stroke play.

You could play some tournaments particularly the Ready Go's, putting credits on the line to match your skill level may not be quite so boring.   just saying,,:)  

RSS