Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has cancer

Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:24 PM (111 replies)
  • vespa1965
    212 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:41 PM

Have to agree here, imagine a chess site suddenly implementing a rule that once you get to Master status were taking your Queen away.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:48 PM

WGTadmin2:

However at the end of the day we are balancing what is best for the greatest number of players but also trying to reward the most loyal.  Previous to this release we got a lot of feedback that the best players were finding the game to be less challenging and need something more.

I'm sorry but those complaining that they needed a greater challenge must have been in a hell of a minority. Still it's nice to know that the WGT view is that these new tees for Legends are in fact a reward, lol......

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 4:01 PM

tiffer67:

WGTadmin2:

However at the end of the day we are balancing what is best for the greatest number of players but also trying to reward the most loyal.  Previous to this release we got a lot of feedback that the best players were finding the game to be less challenging and need something more.

I'm sorry but those complaining that they needed a greater challenge must have been in a hell of a minority. Still it's nice to know that the WGT view is that these new tees for Legends are in fact a reward, lol......

That was a funny one.  I'd love to see what greatest number of players they are referring to.  The legends are angry, the legends are complaining, I've read most of the angry and complaining post the last several days.  I haven't seen too many who agree with the changes.  As I've been saying driving into a 31 mph wind from championship tees into tournament greens is not a challenge it's UNFAIR.  WGT own up to your MISTAKE and give the LEGENDS a LEGENDS DRIVER.

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 4:22 PM

( WGT own up to your MISTAKE and give the LEGENDS a LEGENDS DRIVER.)

i think its impossible to for a legend to beat a reasonably good tour master as you give up approx....2 to 3 shots a game, so think you should put a vote out to the legends and ask who would like to be dropped back a tier..............this giving the fun back to the players where we could actually start winning games again.

another simple option would be to play everyone off the same tees. and let the lesser players get better with practise......... SIMPLES...........................EVERYTHING SORTED..

• bartjones
    72 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:26 PM

WGTadmin2:
    Previous to this release we got a lot of feedback that the best players were finding the game to be less challenging and need something more.

Are you referring to the small handful of guys who dominate the leaderboards? I'd remind you that those guys play for free and never contribute dime one to your bottom line. Do you really think that in assessing possible changes to the game, they were the best group to listen to?

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:40 PM

I second Iron King..........do we have a motion??? Seriously he is right, time to fess up. Basically WGT said here it is TOUGH!

• bartjones
    72 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:56 PM

Sargenjd01:

I second Iron King..........do we have a motion??? Seriously he is right, time to fess up. Basically WGT said here it is TOUGH!

I'm on board. If they're not interested in my business I'll just stop playing. Better yet I think I'll just play off my old master's tees in practice mode with starter balls. I'd like to thank WGT in advance for the free use of their server and bandwidth as well as for aptly demonstrating how to turn a happy revenue producing client into an unhappy, revenue leeching one. Well done boys.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:07 PM

ironking34:
    WGT own up to your MISTAKE and give the LEGENDS a LEGENDS DRIVER.

Unfortunately it looks like we got the answer for the time being  - No Soup For You!!!

Oh well I was spending way too much time on this site, a change will do me good.  I'll just limit myself to a few of the weekly & monthly tourney's until my credits from the surveys I completed run out.  Man I did a $hitload of those :-)...

• MichaelWeir
    31 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:07 PM

I'm going to say this for the sake of saying it, and I know WGT won't care because of what I have to say.

I have never spent a dime on here and I doubt I ever will. I'm a university student and I don't have lots of money to spare on an internet golf game. That being said, i do like to play this game. I often play it in my spare time, and have been a regular member on the ladder site. I don't play for credits or anything of the such, I play for the fun of it. Since I've never spent a dime on here, I only use starter clubs, and a slightly increased driver(20 yards). Before the update I was a pro with little hope of being a master. I struggled to keep my average below 70. I didn't care too much about my average anyway, I just played for fun. Now since the update the scoring level for the tiers have changed and now my average makes me a master. I'm telling you being a master playing with the starter clubs is far from fun. I can't reach most hole. What's the fun in playing a 50 yard approach shot on your 3rd on a par 4. Birdies are rare, and my only chance for a par is a 1putt. I understand this is a business, and you did this whole thing to get people like me to buy clubs, but I'm not going to. For me this update has ruined my fun. I've started playing on TWO this past week, and frankly I may switch my fun to over there, and may not even play here anymore, but I know WGt doesn't care anyway since I wasn't a paying custumor, thanks WGT, I hope you get your money from some other sucker.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:31 PM

Mem11:

Unfortunately it looks like we got the answer for the time being  - No Soup For You!!!

Oh well I was spending way too much time on this site, a change will do me good.

Knowing how competitive I am, I'm still going to try and push through.  I finally won a couple of ready go's on Sunday with some average scores.  I'll try and try although it's going to be hard but I hate to lose so tour masters watch out.

RSS