Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has cancer

Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:24 PM (111 replies)
  • TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 5:38 AM

BolloxInBruges:

IMO legends should be able to buy whatever we want, we have already paid our dues thru hundreds or thousands of rounds prior to the update, and I feel have earned the right to free reign in the pro shop.  If lesser tiered players want to take an eternity leveling  up to buy top notch equipment, fine.

I agree Bollox but the only problem I have is what about others who have been at WGT for a while and have say 700 ranked rounds and were not included in the legends ranks.... If playing rounds and time on site is the requirement for free reign in the pro shop then a lot of tour masters should be included....I realize I have all the equipment i need but I have played the rounds and supported WGT for the past 15 months..... Where do you draw the line? 

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 5:54 AM

TD - From less than championship tee boxes, you really don't need top of the line equip to at least reach almost all the par 4s consistently in regulation.

• rlweller
    108 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 8:03 AM

I have not posted many times in forums, but after these changes i think i needed to say something.I do like the challenges that i see myself in at the moment however i feel like some of those challenges are little extreme.I enjoy playing some golf but it has gotten me to the point i am looking at other entertainment besides WGT (lol). If it was not for the good company of players and laughter we have im sure i would not be continuing to beat my head against wall trying to get thru this change. So hopefully things will be better soon for everyone.

• luigi692
    26 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 10:30 AM

BolloxInBruges:
    TD - From less than championship tee boxes, you really don't need top of the line equip to at least reach almost all the par 4s consistently in regulation.

Absolutely, and I know for sure (check my equip) :-)))

Just that I'd say "ALL the par 4s". If I don't reach, that's my fault. And I am earning credits too.

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 10:41 AM

BolloxInBruges:

Yes bollox  I have all the equipment i need for tour master status, however i've been here for 15 months and supported wgt more than quite a few legends im sure. All i was saying is should a legend who has been here for 6 months and has 300 ranked rounds be giving free reign in the pro shop over a tour master with 700 rounds and 15 months of time? I would have more rounds but in the spring its nearly impossible for me to play. So how do you decide or is just make legend and you have free reign? That may work just seems unfair to members such as myself.

• rlweller
    108 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 11:35 AM

Legend is no Good TD stay where you are :)

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 12:18 PM

TDHarvey:

BolloxInBruges:

Yes bollox  I have all the equipment i need for tour master status, however i've been here for 15 months and supported wgt more than quite a few legends im sure. All i was saying is should a legend who has been here for 6 months and has 300 ranked rounds be giving free reign in the pro shop over a tour master with 700 rounds and 15 months of time? I would have more rounds but in the spring its nearly impossible for me to play. So how do you decide or is just make legend and you have free reign? That may work just seems unfair to members such as myself.

I may be bias due to being a legend, but I do think it is fair....why...because once ur a legend there is no exploiting the system!    If I wanted to sandbag and set up a tour master account, and waste hours leveling it up and decided to sandbag in the tour master tier, I'd win 95% of the RG's I entered, this is giving way too much power to the sandbagger, and ripping off the legends.  Give legends slightly better clubs than tour masters (or much quicker anyway) and I would not be able to be as powerful as a sandbagger.  And if you are a legit player in the tour master tier right now, you really have no incentive whatsoever to reach legend, you can just sit there and print credits if you're smart about it.  Giving legends all the most fun clubs gives people incentive to reach the highest tier and still be competitive!

As it is now, I am done playing ready gos,  first one I played after the tee box change, I got 2nd to a tour master, *** that, I never once got 2nd to a pro prior to the update, nor should I have!   People with average ability (or sandbagging prowess) should not be routinely beating the best players on the game.

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 12:26 PM

END OF!!!!

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:10 PM

there you have it wgt..sit back and do nothing i suppose..i thought after the long weekend and all the complaints you would have done something..guess i was wrong..what was i thinking..i'll go ahead and use up the credits i have and look 4 something else to do..just so you no..i'm speaking 4 about 30 or so people i play with regularly as well..the bright side is my wife will be a bit pleased,she always said i was wasting my time here..turns out she was correct..all the time and money i spent getting good is out the window..i think you owe every1 a refund also since we bought into your program and then you completely screwed us..folks,there must be something we can do    

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:30 PM

showtime73:
    ..folks,there must be something we can do

There is something you can do... and apparently, you're doing it.

In corporate capitalistic America the only thing that is understood and valued is money.  If you don't like something, take your money away.  If enough people decide to take their money away, the business has to make a decision.. "change or die".   (With apologies to Gordon Ramsey for stealing his line.)

So there you have it.  If we decide we don't like the changes WGT has wrought down upon us, we simply have to leave, en masse.

Then they'll get the hint.

RSS