Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club Owners

Wed, Mar 15 2023 2:13 PM (109 replies)
  • Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2013 12:46 PM

I dont know you . I can only reply for my club. Why do you think ppl are knocking your cc.? I was making a statement on our club not how you run yours.We had a WGT chat  which we still do for over 4 years to help new ppl. Nivlac, icon and stoney all wrote tips  that are in FAQ s . Weve helped a few new ppl too. Keep it up. .  Peace

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2013 1:26 PM

courteneyfish:

So you think I should kick out 200 members, stop helping the lower tiers with their game and never clear the deadwood, so it looks like the earnings are a lot higher than they really are?

lol. There is some "deadwood" in the Devs, your correct. Heres the diffrence though between most clubs and the Deviations. I can tell you the names of every single player in our club. I could tell you where they live, state, country, tent, couch...it doesnt matter. Most members of the Deviations dont play WGT regularly, but they do play poker with the Devs. Pool, another Fantasy sport of any sort, Streakforcash on espn. etc. No we dont kick non current members, but thats because we know who that member is and they are true friends in life. 

Once your a member of the Devs you are always a member, bar none. 

We have a public chat room for all of WGT to come into and ask for help, find a game..etc. The WGT Ryder Cup used that chat room for setting up matches and announcing winners/awards. The Owner of WGT comes in there from time to time, and used it before twitch.tv for addressing WGT players. 

We are not a group of random people dropped into a CC, we are all friends. Our club mission is driven by the friendships we have made. I dont think any of us are going to tell you how to run your CC, but you could certainly take notes. 

I'm sure you thinks its just random. But perhaps take a look at where Nivlac and Icon came from.... Yes. The Deviations Country Club

Good luck with your club, I wish you nothing but the best. 

• carolineRobert
    1,821 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2013 5:37 PM

Fuzzygazz:

Deviations..best CC..base your CC on way we do it. 

i'm sorry but this is a very pretentious comment mister !

and your CC does not reflect the reality of the vast majority of CC's

...but for sure you guys could help a lot as you are all elite players

• KevinFleenor
    1,455 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2013 6:41 PM

My CC stays under 50 members, not because we have to, it's because we want to. 

We do things in my club that just can't be done in bigger clubs. It's just a different style. 

I know of many other clubs who choose to keep their membership low also, so I know I'm not a minority here. We range from TL's to Masters, are Very active every day on the course and in the forum, and we're celebrating our 1 year anniversary on Saturday. We don't have any plans on expanding to 100 or 200 members, again - because we don't want to. 

We're irrelevant to many of you bigger clubs, naturally and understandably, but I hope it's not a shocker to find out that you are also irrelevant to us...

• 100plus
    801 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2013 6:51 PM

KevinFleenor:

My CC stays under 50 members, not because we have to, it's because we want to. 

We do things in my club that just can't be done in bigger clubs. It's just a different style. 

I know of many other clubs who choose to keep their membership low also, so I know I'm not a minority here. We range from TL's to Masters, are Very active every day on the course and in the forum, and we're celebrating our 1 year anniversary on Saturday. We don't have any plans on expanding to 100 or 200 members, again - because we don't want to. 

We're irrelevant to many of you bigger clubs, naturally and understandably, but I hope it's not a shocker to find out that you are also irrelevant to us...

Well  said

100plus

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2013 9:16 PM

At the end of the day , whether your club has 50 or 250 , if you feel it is successful then it is.

I am sure there are many intracacies to running a club and many owners share a lot of common aspect to running their clubs.

Your measure of how successful your club is comes from the focus you have for your club.

If your club has 2 members and your focus is to win the majority of your ALT shot games as a club, and you do, then it is highly successful.

You cannot measure your club against another. We all share the desire to do the right thing for our members and provide for them what we hope will maintain a happy membership.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2013 9:58 PM

Fuzzygazz:
    Base your CC on the way we do it

Fuzzygazz:
      I was making a statement on our club not how you run yours.

Ok.

• carolineRobert
    1,821 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 3:21 AM

ok ...i notice that some people seem to have miss-read what mister WGTdbloshoe has written ...from what i see , he never wrote that a small CC is irrelevant ! ...he must have his reasons why he mentionned ''high number & very successfull'' ...but that doesn't mean that he will automatically discard small and / or mid-size CC's.

and about the following :

SHRUDE:

You cannot measure your club against another. We all share the desire to do the right thing for our members and provide for them what we hope will maintain a happy membership.

indeed ...and because i also have that desire ...and do my best to make my CC an enjoyable place for the members , i consider my CC to be successfull ...even if i am not chosen among the 5-10.

so i would suggest to everyone to simply respond positively to what WGTdbloshoe is asking and let him decide. Thx

• 100plus
    801 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 3:59 AM
    I am looking to get together a group of 5-10 owners who run high member and very successful country clubs. Above is a very simple statement. There is no misread here.He specifies what he wants therefore any other contributions are irrelevant for what he is trying to do,which from what I can ascertain is avoiding going to search in general forum to find all the suggestions that have been made by CC owners over the years. 100plus
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 6:10 AM

100plus:
    There is no misread here.

Sorry, yes there is.

100plus:
    from what I can ascertain is avoiding going to search in general forum to find all the suggestions that have been made by CC owners over the years.

This is what you are misreading.

Yu are assuming he is wanting to complie suggestions for country club improvements.

yet, to extend your quote further

WGTdbloshoe:
    I am hoping for this group will be able to help in putting together suggestions on how to run a successful Country club.

He is asking for a group to offer to on how to RUN a successful country club. Not for ideas to enhance them.

Subsequently the WGT consensus is , that if it is  "high membership" & "Successful" then the tips on how to run / deal with/ administer/ high volume Country clubs, of some measure of success,  is the request.

Now folks, we know WGT.  :)

This request is reaching into owners backpockets to give them insight into what the large clubs need mostly, so they may be able to ...

....leave the rest up to your own thoughts.

However, I am of the stance that WGT .. needs the practical opinions of those already involved on a higher scale and what the soul or busy intricate web of having a club means. Which is fair enough, as they are currently getting only 2 - 3 insights at the moment, of hundreds of clubs.

RSS