Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 12:21 PM

Well here it goes. First and foremost it was a pleasure to meet Paul. When he messaged me and said we should meet, I never hesitated. I told my wife I have a WGT friend coming from Germany and he would be our guest. We had a great time. Paul can testify that I drink more beer than I should, and verify every thing I have ever posted about myself and family on WGT. This thread is titled Lets Be Honest and I am. We played 28 holes of golf and he only had one bad shot that I can remember. He saw I can drive a mile but it goes to hell after that. He did have one of my famous chops off my green egg and seemed to enjoy it very much. We left each other with parting gifts and hope to see each other again. All of my friends on WGT are invited to stay at my house and enjoy the same hospitality that Paul did. And thank every one for the new Honest posts. Be real, Be Honest and lets meet.

Rich, Renniw52, SquirrelNutz, OldSchool

Thank you Paul.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 1:26 PM

renniw52:
    Rich, Renniw52, SquirrelNutz, OldSchool

It's four of you? No wonder how the cold hop soup disappears ;)

But, I must have had some bad shots...

It's just your 'merican politeness which let you overlook this:

On one special hole, both Rich and his friend sent their balls to dive in a creek crossing the FW, once and twice. I cleared it and had only a wee shot uphill to the green. I thought, well, this is the chance to beat'em both. But I choked badly, leaving an approach AND a chip short (4), and, eventually, ended in Club 7, all square with the two fellas. Grmpf!

OTOH, to start the back nine with 3 Pars in a row and to secure a five over 40 with three Bogeys, a Double and a finish of two more Pars was a special moment happening.

On the last hole the other fellow challenged me for a birdie, which I managed on a Par 6 despite being stymied behind a tree. Never believe a scorecard showing "Par 5"!

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 2:53 PM

What a wonderful occurrence for you all !  And, Renniw52, for such an unselfish act of diplomacy, I have been authorized by "his name is Yancy" to offer the first ever "Honorary WGT Alien Ambassador Award "! And, Renniw52, that's not all ! You have also been selected to receive the official "WGT all 'round  Good Guy award for 2015"! Way to go Squirrelnutz!

Doc :)

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 3:56 PM

drmoose:
    Renniw52, that's not all ! You have also been selected to receive the official "WGT all 'round  Good Guy award

Winn 25

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 4:48 PM

For Rich to offer his hand(paw) in friendship shows to me what a great fellowship I have joined, fantastic historical encounter was met by Alosso and documented well.

I gotta admit, Alosso offered his hand in friendship in another thread and I believed it had fell upon deaf ears, what a fool Mush

As if ever it could be, you guys mean the world to me, I know I said it before but Rich , you excell bud.

Alosso, I believe you have been privilaged in meeting with ole squirrel, I do so wish I could ever have that opportunity and walked them miles, cos believe me , JUMP? oh yes I'd jump at the chance and some.

Squirrel, gotta love you and your family mate, Alosso, ever in the North East of England (Hartlepool) I'll be there mate , meet up and knock em about for sure bud.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 6:02 PM

Thank you all indeed. I am sure that Paul loved my wife more than me, but I sure enjoyed my time with him. He is a joy to be with and I hope I can meet more of you. He really enjoyed the races, met my grand children, all 7 and had a raceway hot dog to boot.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2015 12:29 AM

A jealous squirrel? Don't be foolish! I'm never going to love a golfer's wife more than him, except for my own!

Thanks for the invitation, Mushy, I might follow it sometime - never been to that part of your beautiful island.

And, I invite all friends who happen to visit Northern Bavaria to come over for a round and a drink. You may learn new nourishing words, too: Broodwerscht or Schäufala go well with local Zwickel! (roast Franconian sausages, roast pork shoulder, unfiltered beer).

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2015 10:14 AM

To Be Honest. I miss my friend and wish we could have played several more rounds together. I am looking forward to more encounters with my WGT friends. My door is always open and the table will be set. My current financial situation prevents me from coming your way, but if you come my way it is on me. I think Paul was a little surprised with me, but not at all disappointed. He had his Yuengling and my Busch Copper Lager. Not a jealous bone in this old squirrel. When a new friend likes my wife and she likes them it is a win-win. If they even tolerate me that is a plus. For any first time readers of this post, let's get to know you. Friendships are priceless, everything else is just material.

Rich

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2015 11:00 AM

Love to hear that Mrs. Squirrel wasn't upset by me ;) Give her my kindest regards!

Being an old bloke of 60, I expected nothing but another one of these, and you and your  family did their best to make me enjoy the short stay.

Peace and Friendship my friend - may this be an encouragement to others to make visits in real life!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2015 11:09 AM

Salute, my friend.

RSS