Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:46 AM

My friend Renniw , the day i make Tour Legend you will be the first one to know , and that day i will get myself  a small bottle of Jack Daniel  in your honner ,and i will call on you to play a game, and i will drink  with you , stick to coffee  your liver is importent  to you and  your  family LOL .  And has for the balls ,you have been generous with so many , your congrats that day will be worth    many  balls .   Francois (Frapp).            

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:04 AM

Luv you too my friend. One day we will tip one face to face. the sooner the better.

• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:36 PM

renniw52:

If you can. Let's really get to know who we are dealing with. This is Renniw52, I will be 61 in June. Happily married for 42 years, 3 kids, 7 grand kids, known as OLD SCHOOL. I travel the Eastern US as a tech rep for Industrial, Automotive and Marine coatings. I love to cook, deep sea fishing, and golfing with what friends that still can. I smoke camels, and drink beer like it will be gone tomorrow. I don't make a lot of money, and don't plan on taking it with me, or leave it to the ones I taught to make their own. I enjoy this crazy game, and my friends I have met on here. I drive an Impala, my 15th one. My first was a 1963-409 SS I bought my Senior year of high school. It was 3 years old, and I thought I was the $hit. Any thing else is just what it is.

NEXT

nice post renn. this is daddd1, am 75 & been married for 52 yrs, easy as long as you let the better halve have her way every once in a while. enjoy my fishing & golfing with my buddies at our cc, enjoy a couple beers a day, have a quarter barrel on tap all the time. spend every weekend at our cottage when weather permits (snow is not good), sometimes i even bring my wife along! seriously i enjoy wgt even with all its vem.

• golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:04 PM

It appears you all know each other already, so..........my friends call me "gv" or "vader", I'm 66 (Feb 13), live on Long Island in NY, am married 44 years to the same gal, and my daughter lives in Germantown, Maryland. 30 years ago I was a scratch golfer with hopes of getting better and trying to make the Senior Tour when I turned 50. I had already won 13 amateur tourneys, but still thought I had to get better.

Then the fun began. I had 2 emotional breakdowns (working 80 hour weeks will do that), had a silent heart attack, found I had 2 bad kidneys (both make stones), developed angina, had a pacemaker implanted 6 hours before my heart shut down (I live off the thing, it fires 65 times per minute, it has been replaced 3 times), had my gall bladder removed, had open heart surgery (2x...after the 1st one I started bleeding into my chest cavity so they had to go in again), & just to make it interesting I have clinical depression and anxiety disorder. And, have tremors in both hands due to certain meds I must take. And I take more meds every day than most pharmacies carry as stock. I think that's it.

This is without question the very best golf site I have ever seen. I've been a WGT member for a year, am a Tour Master, and hope to make Legend before I go play golf in Camelot. I've had more than my share of run-ins with the WGT..........but quit because of "all the problems"..........NEVER!!! This site gives me everything I had in playing regularly except actually swinging the club. My health prohibits that. But I WILL play again, even if I have to ride around the course in an ambulance with EMT"s as my caddie. 

When you have stared death in the face 3x, you develop a new outlook on life. Really you do!!! My sense of humor gets through the days, weeks, months and years. So, PLEASE, take a tip from "gv". This is as close to real golf as you can get. I've hit many a shot that I thought was perfect and wasn't. I've missed 10 inch putts more times than I can count. I've been screwed here on credits. SO WHAT!!!! Take this game for what it is.....have fun with it. Make new friends, laugh off some of the stupidity that happens all the time. You don't know when you won't be able to do it anymore. Just before I'm cremated (I want my ashes scattered, 1/2 over St. Andrews, the other 1/2 over the greatest course I ever played, Augusta National),  I'll probably say: "Please wait, I just want to hit 1 more shot"

"I hope I see you all very soon in the short grass"..........................................."gv"

PS.....What a simply great idea to have the chance to post things like this. Maybe I'll make some new "FRIENDS"

• Username8675309
    71 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:52 PM

My name is Greg. I am 42 years old, married with two young boys and a new vasectomy. How's that for honesty?

As for this website, I like this golf game, but think the generic putter they have given me is a major disadvantage. Also, I have played others who can get an extra thirty yards on their drives because of better clubs. It is a bit disheartening and I am 99% sure I will not buy any credits.

Also, this is my first post on these messageboards.

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:05 PM

GARRYCARTER:
    Great thread shall post later.

Ditto that.  :)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:12 AM

A great post, vader, in an outstanding thread - hang on!

I'm Paul, 58 yo. and I live close to Nuremberg, Bavaria.
    I'm a freelance mechanical engineer and into the organization of vocational training courses. I have three sons of 26, 29 and 31, heading to conquer the world, and a dear second wife. We are serving two cats.

I took up playing field hockey instead of soccer as a pupil. Health issues made me stop playing in my 40s. When I tried golf at 50 as a replacement it struck me at once - addicted! From then I've been playing a few rounds on 240 different courses in Germany, Europe and North Africa, including St.Andrews (not the Old Course but Jubilee). I LOVE golfing in Scotland!
    Dream courses: Carnoustie x2 and Pebble Beach (oops, wrong continent).
    I have the best fun when my eldest son shows me his beautiful shots.
    My best handicap: 14.2.

New temporary health issues would forbid playing for me in 2011's winter, and then WGT came handy as a time filler. Fortunately, it has become more than that in the meantime, because my medical ban from golfing was extended to a year. Now I'm eagerly waiting for the snow to melt!

My first impoverished student's "car" was a bike, Honda CB125, followed by an XS400.

Eventually I got myself a Fiat 500 for the winter, a wee vehicule which allowed to clear the back window from the driver's seat :).

First family car was an Opel Ascona C hatchback (AKA Vauxhall Cavalier). Later I switched to Mercedes, currently a C class T model from 2006 - excellent for long haul driving with golf clubs :)

I like this game for the realism of the shots and the beautiful photos, and I like the gamers' company and the chat & discussions.

I know that some call it rude what we call honesty - result of different upbringing in different countries. This is like spice in the soup if we only accept and tolerate each other.

Peace!

• brhthecarpenter
    333 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:44 AM

after reading this thread ( which is a great one btw.) , ive decided to tell  a little about myself.      im reese from texarkana texas im 52 have one son (27) .i dont drink anymore, and i luv hacking it up on the real course, my clubs are way better than i am. im a self employed carpenter , remodel mainly and have been fortunate to make a decent living at it for 32 yrs now. i found this site when i was playing gimme golf some 3 yrs ago, i gotta say its been fun and ive met a lot of good people from all over the world on here. im still trying to play as much as i can but for me wgt has become very stagnant in the las year or so, or maybe im just getting burnt out. maybe they can crank out some more courses soon and respark my interest. maybe i can catch some of you great guys in an alt shot game some time.

reese.

RSS