Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • BIGAL123
    200 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 7:37 PM

Hi - my name is AL - Just turned 70 yesterday - and for my birthday, I hit Tour Master.  Married for 45 years with 3 kids and 5 grandbabies.  I used to enjoy playing AS matches until I hit Master level and didnt feel like I could compete anymore, at least not at the level I wanted to.  I am retired so I read the forums almost everyday and try to play every day. I really love the game but can not play as well IRL.

Keep hitting em str8 !!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:16 PM

wow  so much honesty,i am to drunk now,but i will had to this thread wen i sober up, keep it comming ,  good place to  go  and and see that we are not alone, and in most cases we traveled almost the same roads .

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:45 PM

HI, I'm Jeff & I love real golf & like WGT also. I started playin golf when my folks bought me a juiner set of clubs at Sears&Roebuck when I was 8 years old.

My first car was a Chevy Nova 396. I was 16 and it helps when your Dad owns a Chevy dealer. These cars were all like 67's & 69 Camero's. Let's just say 'i had fun'.

I'm 57 & I grow Medical Marijuana for patients in my area with everything from cancer to .....neck pain? lol I sound just like Tommy Chong from Cheech & chong. Guys joke with me all the time when they come to the door  I ask them "Who There?" they say "DAVE" I say "Daves not here". Stuff like that lol. I don't drink alcohol so I gotta have some fun eh?

I have a son and a  daughter, lost a couple kids over the last 7 yrs. Rips me apart every day. I also make a living as a portrait artist.

Sometimes I'm the most miserable basturd you will ever meet but most of the time I try to be cheerful & like to play WGT with many folks like FRAPP WHERE the hell have you been?

Been Married 13 years now to a wonderful Canadian woman. Live in Lansing Michigan USA. I have a set of Tommy Armor 925's for golf clubs and  a few drivers and different clubs collected over the years. I want to get a R11 driver this year. I play to about a 10 handycap.

Take care Jeff

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:50 PM

Sorry Rich, I have removed this post. The constant shite in the latter pages has totally demeaned and derailed this thread.

Great intent, but like so often in the forums, threads get hijacked and my solution is to remove my content.

I appreciate what you did Rich, and for me it is a pity some moderation did not occur.

Alan

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 9:11 PM

i play this game for the the darn fun of it and cant play in real life.

there is a core group of fiends (friends) i have played with since i

started playing: up to and including a whinny  squirrel.

grew up in mexico and traveled with dad throughout the americas

going to different mines. proud 6yr Army e-5, 4 wonderful years in Germany,

and 2 cruddy ones at Carson. now disabled and trying not to get fat.

i have 'cantfrigginputtworthadamnitis' that a even a few of the better 

players have not found a cure for, who cares. i am having fun here 

and that all that matters

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 9:51 PM

I'm Eric and live on a small farm near our nations Capitol - Canberra.  I share the farm with my extraordinary wife of 19 years, my two teenagers (Daughter and Son), two horses, some chooks, and just about every native bird for miles - most of whom have earnt names and join the que each morning and night for feed.

After spending my younger years in the Army I began a 21 year career as a Professional firefighter and rescuer.  It all came to a screeching halt a couple of years back with what turned out to be bad PTSD.  It was sitting at home trying to distact myself that got me started on WGT.  That, and the fact that I went from a golfer of 2 rounds per week to zero.  I still don't know why I "won't play" real golf but PTSD is a strange and ugly beast and master.

My first car was a 73 Toyota Corolla.  But with income came the discovery of V8's and I've been driving "8's" and tinkering with them ever since.  My darling wife has tried to coax me into a smaller car but they all seem a bit too gutless to me.  I bought her a new Mini Cooper S, imported some parts and tinkered with it.  She now has come to understand my old saying "you can never have too much performance" and is now encouraging me to update - into a new V8.  :-)

My vices are too many smokes, excellent red wine, and single malt Scotch.  I also love coffee to the point of a hobby and equiped the kitchen with a full commercial espresso machine.  My other hobby's - apart from the farm where something is always happening - are boardgames, wargames, and painting miniatures.  Almost all acquired as ways to keep the mind busy in a good way and practice concentration which is often woeful - as is the short term memory.

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:52 AM

Trasplanted Canuck boy (53 yrs. old) living in Sweden for 6 years. Outta work.....but not outta luck. Good friends and Skype works to share good times with fmily in Canada.

This is me....this is what gives me the "life-buzz".

Family.

Friends.

Music.

Good eats.

Good drinks.

Good music.

.....repeat above until feeling warm and fuzzy and there is a big azz-grin on my face.

Cheers..... Steve

P.S. This is me.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:53 AM

Hi, my name is Joseph and I picked up the game of golf when I was around 18 years old while working as a ground keeper on our local public course. I use to spend hours in the evenings working on my short game. It was free since I collected all the balls myself near the putting & sand trap area. After the golf cart shop would close I would practice in the evening then relax afterwards under the tree and watch the sun set. I cherished those moments with just myself and the green....and a beautiful sunset.

Fast forward 28 years and here I am playing my favorite game on all of the famous course I only dreamed about playing on in real life back then. I am grateful for a friend that told me about this site and managed to coach me  (Paran) on the ins and outs of the game.  I also enjoy other hobbies as well. 

Collecting coffee cups (Ecka65 , I enjoy coffee as well :) )

Use to build model cars of real ones I wanted in life, El camino, Camaro, Corvette and the list goes on. even upholstered them with moms scraps of cloth from her sewing.

Love the water & Sea :hanged out on the beach one summer  at 16yrs old & had the life guards teach me surfing on their long boards.

Amateur Radio: General Class, love to talk to people from around the world, it's relaxing and enjoyable 73's

Addictions: like Menthol's and energy drinks as well as coffee in many forms

My better half: we are like the Salt & Pepper on the kitchen table; Different in many ways but manage to go good together...laugh out loud

Or put it in another perspective: I like my coffee like I like my woman....dark & sweet

Happy Golfing!

Joe

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 2:12 AM

Hi, I'm Jonathan. I'm 18. I'm in college studying to be a computer programmer. This game sucks now. Goodbye.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:50 AM

I'm Joe. I am 66 and will be 67 in June. That is as least 3 of us in this thread with June birthdays, 2 of will be 67. Not much to say actually , I'm just a guy who didn't finish college due to a drinking problem that got worse while in the U.S. Navy. It took much therapy to stop drinking but as of today I have been a recovering alcoholic for 44 years.

I have been married for almost 42 years and we have 2 grown daughters. I have worked 4 jobs  in the past 44 years since I got out of the navy. The last one was at a plastics manufacturing plant. I worked there from 2001 until this past October when due to the old body just not able to keep up the 12 hour a night grind any longer I reluctantly retired. 

I began playing golf when I was 13 or 14 or so. And it was a family affair. My older brother started first and then mom dad and I took it up as well. As my mother always said golf ruined many a good person. I have been playing ever since. A little over 3 years ago I got an e-mail about the Glen Livet  CCTH tourney being held on a site called WGT.com. Sometimes I wish I had never read that e-mail. I mean I am now a WGT junkie. 

RSS