Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 5:16 AM

Not here anymore.

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 5:35 AM

Great thread shall post later.

GC.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 6:19 AM

It is a genuine pleasure, getting to know a little about the great people I have spoke back and forth with. We are all so quick, to come back with an ill timed comment, or wisecrack. Just hearing the trials and tribulations that some have faced in their lives, will make me exercise my brain, before I exercise my mouth. I mentioned my love of beer in my opening post. This has caused me problems a few times in my life. Never lost a job, or my wife over it. Had a 30 year affair with Jack Daniels until last year. My doctor told me my liver was totally pi$$ed at me. I set it down on the spot. Even though I was at Woodstock in 1969, I have never smoked pot or done any drugs. I have friends and even family who enjoy their weed, I have no problem with it. They are great people and that is their relaxation. I was considered a real pain in the A$$ when I first started playing WGT. I whined, complained, blamed everything on the game. I hope I have been able, to show who I really am over the last year or so. I am what you see, have been known for my humor and my willingness to help those in need all my life. Goes back to my old Eagle Scout days in the early 1960's.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 6:52 AM

Hola, names Andy, 43 yrs young from the N/W of England, never married, no children....grew up in a sh*thole and couldn't wait to get out from as early as I can remember. Was lucky enough to pass 11+ so went to Grammar School which opened a few doors further down the line.

Started a business with my best friend from school in my late teens (a band too but that didn't last), once that was starting to be successful I fell off the rails and had a 2 yr love affair with cocaine and heroin, a methadone programme and two short (ish) prison sentences sorted that out !!

Got fed up of the rat race and weather 7 yrs ago so sold business (at an opportune time as it turned out) and moved to the Costa Del Sol in Southern Spain.Met a very 'classy' lady here 3 yrs ago (don't know what she's doing with me) who was on holiday at the time. She has two gr8 kids who weren't v happy their mother left their father and country to live here with me BUT......we are getting there.

1st car was a beat up old Marina TC and was banned from driving for a total of 7 yrs from 16-31 by thinking I was Ayrton Senna and insurance laws didn't apply to ME, smoke around 25 Marlboro a day, drink once every 3 months but then go on a binge for a week (another vice I have to keep an eye on). Thought I had a gambling prob too at one time but I was just being greedy and didn't know when to quit, happy with a slice now rather than the whole cake. :o)

Gone back to school two mornings a week to better my Spanish.

Love Running, Reading, Music, Tennis, Chess, Pool, Quizzes, Swimming, Fishing and of course...WGT.

My cats called Boo-Boo, found on the streets and the craziest most characterful cat I've had the pleasure to know. He's just had 2 back teeth taken out so he's staggering around under the influence right now...Hilarious.

Been idle for too long and starting to get itchy feet , looking for and looking forward to starting the next chapter in this crazy thing we call Life......

Andy

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 2:58 PM

I am Francois , from Montreal Quebec , i am 61  ,62 in August . I left home  i was 17 ,went and joined the Hippy mouvement in Vancouver BC(1967_68) ,i was on my way to San Francisco, got stuck in BC for 3 years ,did all a normal human would not do (Dope)  ,it got me in trouble with the law.   Got myself all kinds of job for 50 years,  last 12 as a industriel machanic.I played real golf  but was never any good , got injured at work in 2009, I cant work anymore ,all kinds of physical problemes .   Depressed  after my accident ,i by accident fund WGT on the net .  This game made and makes my life easyer to acept.  I have never realy been honest in my life but here on WGT  i am an open book ,with no shame in what  i am .  I drink a litle to much wen i play , i have not touched drugs  in 20 years . I do not consider Pot a drug so it is in my life and will always be there .        I have always been easy going ,and WGT has given me a place to meet great peoples , and after reading this Thread i see many of my friends on WGT sharing with us .   I was able and lucky to have learn  the English language in my life so i have the best of both world .    I realy want to become a Tour Legend on here and i am trying verry hard to get there ,cause in the past i would of given up easy , finishing something i started will in it self be an accomplishment for me, even if its just a vituel game .  The day i become TL, that is the day i will start my own CC  that way this game will keep me here and happy to belong to something .  TY ( RENNIW)  for starting this thread , it makes us (me)  feel  good about opening up a bit   and sharing a bit about me .                Francois (Frapp)   wishing you all a good WGT  day.                 

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:39 PM

Fun post Renn!

OK, I guess if I responded, that makes it my turn. I'm IvaThongon, but those who know me call me Jenn. I've been playing since 2010, and don't think I have gotten any better in the past 2 years, LOL! Oh well, I guess I am hooked like the rest of you!

I'm kind of from all over the place I suppose. My father is Jamaican, my mother is Trinidadian, I was born in Canada so I am Canadian, and I am now a transplant working in the US. I'm 31 with no husband or kids.

My first car was a 1998 Honda Civic that I basically drove all over the continent but it served me well for a whole bunch of years until I finished school and stopped being a "starving student". I upgraded to a large SUV with the help of my brother, and got myself a chocolate lab, Liberty, that gets WAYYYYYY too spoiled.

Growing up, I was always crazy about sports, and played every high school sport we had, and also played Ringette and Softball. Sports actually really provided me with a lot of opportunity I never would have had otherwise, and I am thankful everyday for that blessing. I still play Softball and have been playing Ice Hockey for about 3 years now (no one here even knows what Ringette is!).

Aside from my dabbling with WGT, I run everyday with my dog first thing in the morning. My life is good, but pretty routine. I work in the medical field, and between work, my dog, household stuff, softball/hockey, I don't seem to have a lot of me time. However, when I do, I can be found reading, playing on here, attending concerts or sporting events that interest me, and splurging on coffee that is way too expensive and fattening...

NEXT

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 9:45 PM

I perceive this thread could go on to be the longest ever! :)

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 9:59 PM

Ok then...my turn.  My name is Dan.  Physically, I'm 50...but my better half would tell you I'll turn about 9 any day soon. Was born in Northern England but my mum had 3 sisters who married Americans after the war that convinced my parents to move to the U.S. Since then, I was fortunate enough to live in several places including Augusta, Ga (yes...been to the Masters more than a couple of times), Hawaii (nearly 5 years) California and Arizona. Traveled a lot and still have a business in Hawaii and a house in Arizona. Split time now between near Manchester and the U.S.  Grew up as a motorcycle nut...raced a few years until one time during a race, some blokes motor let loose and I took a scenic detour off my bike and I looked down and saw a bone sticking trough my leathers...I said something like "Ow" and passed out. Had my share of fun cars as well... Never tried any type of drugs in my life...was always afraid I would like weed too much, so, I stayed away. Beer on the other hand, never met one I didn't like...but, I can go 6 months without one or 6 minutes...depends on where I am and what the company is like....purely recreational.  Love golf (got as low as a 4 hdcp....play to about 9 now)....actually played Augusta after working the Masters one year---shot a legit 82...best round ever...not best score, but, that is the most beautiful piece of sod on the planet if you love golf. Was lucky enough to see last year's Ryder Cup and the amazing European comeback. Have one daughter---11years old and she is now my sole reason for taking anything seriously in life. To this day, I still bust a huge smile when I realize that she calls me dad....not sure I'm grown up enough to be one...but, I found out it's the only thing that makes me want to live forever.  I love to make fun of anyone and anything...myself being my primary target. If you can't laugh...give up already.... I enjoy this game and those who I play with/against....enjoy the chats during rounds and will play anyone, anytime as long as it's just a game.

As Iva said...................NEXT

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 4:45 AM

i am back just to say this Thread is the  one of the best so far this year ,and i am looking forward to more honest members joining in .  Cant wait to read more . Frapp

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 7:48 AM

I finally started something that is worth while. It is really great to hear the stories from my friends, and the friends that aren't friends yet. Hopefully, we won't be so quick to judge in the future. For all the members who choose not to tell your story, I will not judge. To the ones who have so far, good for you, great to know you. May your days be filled with health and happiness. And may we someday, figure this crazy thing out. Francois, when you make TL, I will send you a years worth of balls of your choice. Please get real good so we can limited this to $100.00 US. LOL

RSS