Forums

Help › Forums

New Opens ridiculous

Sat, Jul 3 2010 5:56 PM (134 replies)
  • akkid
    61 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 12:39 PM
    As a wgt player for a year, I am very pleased with the product. However, the New Open & US Open qualifers are outrageously unfair for those, like me don't by their clubs when they join. The new courses are made for those new players that drive the ball 250+.
  • TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 12:48 PM

akkid:
    the New Open & US Open qualifers are outrageously unfair for those, like me don't by their clubs when they join.
    News Flash akkid , some of us earned them...

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 1:02 PM

Ace, thats impossible, nobody earns anything with hard work and good play, surely you are just toying with the lad.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 1:06 PM

Yes ace but it was much easier to earn credits 1year ago as compared with now im just saying.

Be nice Chip

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 1:27 PM

Chip, this mentality is fundamental problem in the world, unheralded lack of competition and the lack of desire to achieve and earn anything.  It may have been easier back then, but it was still doable and is still being done today. 

• rowan76
    21 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 1:33 PM

It is not though. It is not done by anyone with beginner clubs and that is a fact.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 1:45 PM

par is possible with the starters....it wldnt be legal otherwise!    you wont qualify for the opens though....not even last year! 

yes...you will get into all sorts of problems to do it.....but thats what teaches you the game!

• akkid
    61 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 1:55 PM

I've played for a year, as i mentioned, and Ive got 1.5 credits from a closest to the hole contest

• BraindeadU
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 1:59 PM

Yeah seriously...People bought pro clubs getting their 19 credits for a top ten finish? lol

100+ top ten finishes? riiiight!

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 2:09 PM

neildiamond11790:

Chip, this mentality is fundamental problem in the world, unheralded lack of competition and the lack of desire to achieve and earn anything.  It may have been easier back then, but it was still doable and is still being done today. 

To an extent you are correct Neil. But I consider myself to be a fair golfer in here. I have played several incomplete rounds on Oakmont and quit when being +9 or more by the 10th hole. I have posted 2 rounds there and have a 97 and an 85. Tell me how the heck I have a prayer in the Open?

I play this game here for the same reason I play it in real life --- because I enjoy it no matter the score. I can shoot 70-74 on Kiawah and 69-75 on Saint Andrews from the Pro tees most any time, but if I practice Oakmont forever I won't be able to come close to par. If the cutoff for the REAL US Open is at 68 then I'll buy a round for all.

You Masters can have the tournament tees and glass greens and I'll enjoy the other courses.

I have played (in real life) several rounds on courses that had recently hosted US Opens and were still set up for them, greens and all. The rough was murder and the greens were indeed fast and slick, but nowhere near like Oakmont. These greens are not close to real life.

RSS