Forums

Help › Forums

New Opens ridiculous

Sat, Jul 3 2010 5:56 PM (134 replies)
  • luigi692
    26 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 11:52 PM

Shermanator91:
    Looking forward to seeing the PGA tour players play on Oakmont.

Johnny Miller, 4th round, 1973 US Open. Probably the greatest round of golf of all time. It's worth reading about it, and you'll find it here, and here

• LordPercy
    58 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:11 PM

Well, there you have t. Using my 112 dollar balls, was -5 after 6 holes in the St. Andrews qualifier. Didn't realise it was my last ball in the set until time to putt on the 6th and I was sent back to using starters.

Using these from there on in, was able to jump out to -11 before a dropped shot at the 14th and a 8 at the 17th followed by a birdie at the last (both bad holes caused by errors stemming from speed of shot meter) left me one shot shy of the cut with my best round there, a 65. This course is certainly tough, but I reckon half the battle is in the mind if I can make the results I did using starter balls.

Go for it, no excuses heeded bar the glitch (intentional or otherwise) where the shot meter speeds up even with the good balls.

• couldofbeenpga
    47 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 1:23 PM

I have been playing on this site for a while and have asked some really dumb questions (or I thought they were) as a newbie on how to putt and read the little dots speed on the greens while putting and once you figure that out (thanks mr C******1) and it takes alot of PRACTICE this is an awesome piece of information works very well. Thank you.

Oh one more thing can we please stop beating the crap out of ( My swing meter sticks or stutters) Im sure the people at WGT have a pretty good idea by now, there is slight problem with it. This game is in the beta testing phase, during which developers get feedback and put finishing touches on the game before official release. Im sure they get the message.

Ranting is over tks

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 1:36 PM

The 1973 Johnny Miller round at Oakmont in the US Open was probably the best final round in Open history although the course had received some light rain and the green were receptive to iron shots.  Miller was probably the best iron player in the game and took advantage of those softer greens.

• Danowadd
    72 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 5:56 PM

I sprayed my flat screen with Windex and the greens did seem a little slower...LMAO

RSS