Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2009 - GOODBYE!

Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:06 PM (514 replies)
  • whitten1823
    84 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 9:55 AM

I've played all the tourney's I can play unless there's a secret one somewhere? Do I post scores from monthly tourney's? How do I sign up or when I post a score I'm already signed up??

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 8:54 AM

I've answered you on your profile, whitten.

The interview with AvatarLee is up.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 4:23 AM

The passion for Ryder Cup is reaching new and unexpected regions...

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:50:20]

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 4:51 AM

Just wondering will there be any prizes on offer for this tournament ? Is wgt sponsoring this tournament since this seem to be the biggest event of the year ?

• mark11861
    13 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 7:16 PM

hi want to know if i can try out for the usa team

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 12:32 PM

No, there won't be any prizes because it's not sponsore by WGTand it would be me who would have to send the prizes, possibly to someone on the other side of the world.

Plenty of scores have come in during my one week holiday, it looks like we're doing fairly well this month. A reminder to everybody that only the top nine qualify automatically to play the Ryder Cup. The team will have twelve players, but one of them will be the Captain and two of them will be Captain's picks.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 1:37 PM

As far as the captain's picks go....they must be chosen from the pool of players on the first page, correct?

Because I have a few players who are asking me to consider them who are not currently listed in the qualifying.  I want to make sure I'm correct in telling these players I cannot pick them.

Doesn't seem like that would be terribly fair to the players who have entered.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 1:53 PM

No, it can be any player as long as you make absolutely sure that they will play their three matches. It also seems unfair for people who didn't know about this event until not long ago and for people who joined WGT a month or two ago shouldn't have any chance at all to play.

But, from there on, it depends on you to decide whether you will consider that the interest shown by the players who have submitted their scores should be recompensed.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 2:05 PM

Hmm, ok.  Well, even knowing that I'm still going to limit my selection to those players on the first page.  They've shown their dedication to the event by playing and posting their scores and they deserve to not be overlooked. 

I can't honestly select a player that only has 1 score posted (or no scores posted).  I'll have a riot on my hands.  Besides, there's always next year for those players that missed out or just joined.

However, I feel that anyone who hasn't yet played in July should get the chance to still enter.  At least they'll have 2 events under their belts.

With that being said I think that immediately after this event is over you should start the qualifying process for next year.  That way there's a full 9 to 11 months worth of tournaments to get involved in and people could sign up (late or not) up until maybe 3 months left.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 10:41 AM

I'm still giving a chance to those who are trying to play as from July. I got a coupe of candidates for your team ask me if they could and I said yes, but one of them had shot a 76 in July so I told him not to bother posting it because it was impossible for him to qualify with that score.

RSS