Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2009 - GOODBYE!

Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:06 PM (514 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 11:32 AM

Okay... didn't go that far.. thanks for clarifying!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 11:39 AM

I don't have any problem using the weeklies for the rest of US Qualifying. That would give us up to 4 more events to use and would allow some people who wanted to play to still get in on the action and try to qualify.

Let me know what's going on, because if this is ok (to use weeklies), then I wanna get the word out to a few players who I know would like to try to qualify.

Also, would the points still be the same if we used weeklies?   Or would you cut the values in half or something like that?

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 12:57 AM

Hi All,

I to dont like the idea of unlimited Tourney play !!

If they have to be unlimited tourneys then you take their first 18 hole round played - end of story. You can see that in their profile anyway, so shouldnt be a problem.

I am trying to qualify for the Rest of the World team. How does it work with players from different tiers? Confused. I am in the Pro tier, so clearly there are a lot better players in the squad than me. I just cant compete with the master tier players - so ????? how would I qualify ??

Thanks for organising, gonna be a great tourney.

Cheers Doug

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:55 AM

OK, so basically we have three options:

Stick with the International Open and accept that it's unlimited play, though that wouldn't show how players perform under pressure, which is the whole point of the qualifying process.

Stick with the International Open and accept only the first round played by a player, though that would lead to cheating.

Change to the Weekly tournaments, though Abak can't play.

If nobody can think of any other obstacles, I say we go with the Weekly tournaments and I will just arrange something personally with Abak.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 11:57 AM

When would the weekly qualifying start?  Monday?

Also, any American players that want to get in on the last minute action need to post on my wall immediately!

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 11:50 PM

Hi,

I am competing for  place in the International Team, via the monthly International Tournaments.

What is the situ re the August Open, which I'm hearing is multi play, and also plays off the RED tees ???

I have tried to get hold of our CaptainTallacepaul but no reply yet.

Just need this clarifying before I go for the round.

Cheers Doug

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 12:02 AM

Hi seve

Sorry to repeat my post, I just didnt see your responce.

Yeh - I say we go with the weekly tournaments, but which one??

Maybe it needs stipulating which weekly tournament will be considered for the August qualifying round otherwise people could play either BPB or Kiawah - and as Kiawah is easier, then you could simply play Kiawah and enter a lower score. Doesnt seem fair to me.

Cheers Doug

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 12:18 AM

You would just play the weekly 18-hole stroke play df.  Everyone would be playing the same course.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 3:16 AM

We play weekly 18 hole tournaments(Kiawah). We play Week 32(3rd to 10th), Week 33(10th to 17th) and Week 34(17th to 24th).

It doesn't matter what tier you are in, you get the same points as everybody else.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 9:52 AM

Hi Guys

Sorry been on holiday. Why dont we say just one weekly to replace the Monthly. Why play 4? Alot of people are in the NAC  and so scores are just being used for 2 different events. Everyone is expecting a one round last tourney so why not take Week 32 and leave it at that? Bringing in other people now is also a bit late surely. Ive got guys who have been very focused on trying to qualify and I can't realistically turn round to them now and say ' I know you've done well up to now but we are now going to play another tourney' 

RSS