Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2009 - GOODBYE!

Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:06 PM (514 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 9:54 PM

Honestly seve, I'd rather see straight up stroke play scoring for my squad.  When the time comes to have these matches folks are not going to get any advantage based on what tees they are playing from.  The matches themselves are straight up through and through, so I'd like to see my team qualified under the same conditions.

In real life, most of the golfers in the Ryder Cup are pretty evenly matched.  On WGT that's not quite the case, so the new teeboxes go a long way towards handicapping us and putting us all back on the same playing field.

Besides, I don't think you'll find any Master tier player who would say they cannot effectively eliminate the small yardage advantage created by tier separation.  They're skilled enough to handle it this way.  I'd like to see how they handle the pressure.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 1:46 PM

seve

i wish to withdraw from this years ryder cup qualifying i just feel that the goalposts are being moved to often people who didn't register in time are now in the comp peoples who didn't summit their score for may are now included. people being tapped up to play after the closeing date. i wouldn't have made the team but it would have been nice to compete with those who entered on time and posted their scores on time. best of luck and i hope to play next year hopefully all the rules will be set in stone by then. hope you give the americans a good game.

plim

• iowankid
    57 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 10:34 AM

Plim,

Sorry to hear about that.  Thanks for stating your reasons for stepping off instead of just going away.  I see that this issue has reared its head because of low initial turnout, that is too bad.  But keep an eye on things and be sure to come back if things turn around and it looks interesting to you.  The thing that keeps me coming back to WGT is the people, not the game so much (although it can be very challenging and fun). 

have a good day,

Rich

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 7:15 AM

The point system that will be used from June onwards is the "16 for 16", which is explained in the first page.

I'm sorry to hear that, Plim, I can't force you to stay, obviously, but you're welcome to come back if you change your mind.

And the first of the interviews that I will be publishing is on the first page to be read by everybody! I'll be interviewing both Captains and a few of the players over the next few months to keep the interest going. I hope you like it!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 9:40 AM

We all enjoyed the Nivlac interview very much.  Excellent read!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 10:01 AM

Just like the media to hang out that one quote! :D

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2009 7:48 AM

Thanks, it's great to see the WGT guys are keeping a look on this thread!

Nivlac, as you well said, we have to add a bit of spice, and that quote was great for doing so:)

• slor
    902 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 4:11 AM

Wow - ugly, ugly 75 in June's tournament. No birdies at all this round.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 12:08 PM

The interview with Nivlac and the promise of another one with TallAcePaul in a few days has sparked up the interest in the WGT Ryder Cup all over the world! Click on the links to take a look at these images that prove it!

"http://i42.tinypic.com/2zs6xeg.jpg"

"http://i42.tinypic.com/24eszdl.jpg"

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 12:50 PM

I didn't know Barack Obama was a Virtual Ryder Cup fan! :D

RSS