• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 8:10 AM

AvatarLee gone. Gitthe coming soon.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 3:06 AM

Hi Nivlac

I tend to agree with you over the picking of the teams from those who have played already, i had been thinking of looking at emerging players but they will have to wait until next year. It may be an idea to take the first 9 as automatics, + captain and have a small paly off comp for the 8 guys directly below the play off line. A tourament within a tournament with something real to play for.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 3:12 AM

I have also asked Alex of WGT whether a 18 hole multi play will be ready for September and the answer was no, which is a realy pity. So it looks like we will be having to use 2 9's.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 9:13 AM

Yes, I actually knew that already, I hadn't said anything because I wasn't sure if Alex wanted people to know, but I guess it won't matter.

As for the choosing of your picks, you both have complete freedom to do you whatever you want to do, as long as you don't program very long tournaments because the actual Ryder Cup will be starting most probably September 15th, so that gives you a little bit less than two weeks. Maybe if you're thinking about organising qualifying tournaments like that you should put in some preliminary rounds with the people who are ruled out after July's scores, so you can start earlier.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 10:00 AM

Well, that didn't take that long, did it? A few of you were telling me how long the qualifying process was and we're a day away from the last chance!  Last day to post July scores, only a couple to go for Team World, but plenty of spaces for U.S.A.  What's happenned, guys?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 10:42 AM

Hey so, what are we gonna do about the IO going unlimited play next month?

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/3688.aspx

Also, JaimePBPro and Jubilation haven't posted any scores in over a month.  I don't think they are active anymore.  Illinifan4ever has one score posted on July 14th, but nothing since.

Where's all my guys?! :(

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 10:55 AM

First recorded score on the profile of the player... still gives a chance to keep playing until a good score comes along... or just cut off the qualifying now.  I'm not sure....

• gitthe
    66 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 10:58 AM

I say we can't use unlimited tourney.  who's to say they will keep the first round they play?  Maybe we use the first 18 hole weekly tournament that starts in August. 

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 11:02 AM

That's okay for US and Canada... but a lot of internationals can't play those... =(

• gitthe
    66 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 11:21 AM
    18 hole tourney is actually open to quite a few countries
    This tournament is open to residents of the following countries:
    Australia Canada Germany Spain United Kingdom Ireland Korea        Republic of (South) Netherlands Norway United States

Quick survey of international roster shows most everyone except Abak would qualify.

RSS