Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2009 - GOODBYE!

Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:06 PM (514 replies)
  • TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2009 8:36 AM

Thank you to everybody who voted for me and I look forward to the job. I will be issuing the strict diet and exercise regime to be undertaken by all in the next few weeks lol

Thanks again and get playing you rest of the worlders we have a bit of catching up to do

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2009 10:04 AM

You like me, you really like me!

lol, j/k thanks for all the votes guys.  I'll do my best not to let ya down. :)

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2009 7:54 AM

We now have our Captains and it's time to move on. A couple of Ryder Cup-related things are coming on the first of June: there will be a surprise event (don't worry, you don't have to do anything) and there will be IMPORTANT CHANGES in the way the points are awarded, due to the introduction of the Pro and Master tiers.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 2:00 PM

Hi Seve,

Can you let me know what the changes are and can you ket me know how I can get hold of the excel sheet and start making changes and updates.

Thanks

Paul

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 9:22 PM

So is WGT sponsoring a Ryder Cup like event on this site next? Sounds nice.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 6:15 AM

As far as I know, there aren't any plans for a WGT sponsored Ryder Cup, but you'll have to ask WGTAlex about that.

I've updated the first page of the thread with the changes that will take place starting with the June International Open. Basically, I'm just trying to make it fair: people who are competing against people like Tibbets, Iconian, AvatarLee, Nivlac... shouldn't get the same points as people who are competing in the Pro, Amateur or Hack tier, where it should be much easier to get the top spots of the leaderboard. It is still perfectly possible to qualify if you are not in the Master tier, but, if you really want to play in this, your bets choice is to work hard and try to get up there in the top tier.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 12:48 PM

whats going on. i've noticed some scores that have been posted are by people not on the entry list for the rest of the world team. am i wasteing my time trying to qualify. i entered on time before the closeing date now names have appeared aswell as scores portsd and icoola are two i spotted. what ever happened to play by the rules or is it win at all costs and means. is tapping players up in the rules. if i qualify it will be on merit not through the back door, i'm on the site everyday trying to improve. a closeing date is a closeing date and rules are rules or are they. could someone please put me in the picture or am missing something.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 4:20 PM

Hi Plim,

I understand what you are saying and agree.

However if we are going to get a team of 12 people together to play this tournament properly something needs to be done.

Out of the 40 people who signed up for the world side only 9 have posted scores as of today. In 5 minutes it will be the 30th May.

I put out a call yesterday for people to get their results in and have taken time today to actually chase some people to get scores in. We have to have more people with your entusiasm to play and need a group of at least 20 people turning results in every month, for 4 months. These people need to be regular players who can be relied upon to post results each month and actually be available for the tournament.

It is not about winning at all costs but actually being able to put a team together that can compete so we need some competition for places.

We will probably not be allowed to bring in other players at this stage but I have asked the question because of the general response so far.

Paul

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 5:05 PM

Right,

Further to the lack of interest so far we are going to be able to ask some players in who are going to play and post scores regularly. However none of these players will be allowed to post scores for the month of May.

Everyone who has not posted by the 1st of June will have no score. Although this is not a tournament rule I would like to suggest that anyone who does not post a score in 2 successive months be taken off the list. Even if your having a nightmare please post, at least it shows willing and comitment.

If those already involved know people who would still like to be involved but maybe did not know of the event could you get them to contact me.

Thanks all

Paul

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 2:58 AM

Paul

i understand, all i want is a level playing field for everyone but that can't happen if people keep moving the goalposts.

anyway enough of my rant best of luck paul

RSS