Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2009 - GOODBYE!

Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:06 PM (514 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 8:05 AM

OK, just to confirm:players who didn't know about this tournament can still join, but, as Paul said, they won't get points for the month of May.

The leaderboards on the first page will now show the number of Ryder Cup points that players have got, instead of their score. 

• iowankid
    57 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 2:45 PM

Hey King,

Im sure that there are still lots of things to work out, but when I see the front page it shows some people with 67 points and I dont have any.  Actually I know that you are probably stil tallying points since what is showing are their May IO scores.  It just doesnt gel with your prior post.

Thanks for your efforts King!

Rich

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 5:34 PM

You guys hardly have enough players to field what you want to do, but somehow come up with a point system that gives you natta for an average score. I have to say I find it somewhat hilarous that I will get the same points as someone that didn't bother to play.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 2:21 AM

ncviz is right. you bother to enter on time post a score and get zero wheres the incentive. i know i won't make the team cos too many people being tapped up to play from june onwards.

why rate the scores by tier cos come the comp it self it won't matter what tier your in lowest score wins

of course you want the best players to play but score it fairly. 12 play first gets 12 points last gets 1

best entered score regardless of tier gets most points give everyone a chance

does it matter if the team is made up of hacks or ams or pros or masters if they shoot the lowest score they win

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 4:30 AM

Couldnt agree more. Am going to have a think about it and come up with a suggestion.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 5:49 AM

How about this, the Top 16 players in the World Qualifiers get points. First 16, second 15 etc. This is based on peoples actual scores in the International Open. Anyone not reistered at the start does not score in May.It will mean that the keenest people who have reistered and posted a score will get a head start but it does allow later entrants a chance to still make the team.

I would also suggest that Masters and Pros get full points and Amateurs and Hacks 75%.

People with the same score will share the points.

Any comments?

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 6:16 AM

paul,

think that sounds the fairest way it gives everybody of at least picking some points and will keep the pressure and excitement going right up to the last day.

i'm sure this way you'll get a very good team together paul and make everybody feel part of the qualifying whatever their ability

would be a idea to state that you need a minimum of 3 months scores to keep everyone competing right to the end

• SandyMcMandy
    24 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 11:52 AM

yea, stil show's nothing for my may round?

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 12:22 PM

I think there should definitely be some sort of advantage for the people playing in higher tiers. You just can't get the same points for a 32 from the hack tees as from the Master tees.

But I do agree with Ncviz and Plim that there ought to be some sort of prize for the people that post scores and get the same points as the ones that don't. I will think about this and try to come up with a solution.

• iowankid
    57 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 9:16 PM

Hey King,

I'm not the sharpest pencil in the desk, but I don't get how the scores were dished out on the first page, I thought that I might at least get a point or 2 for spelling my name right.  Could you please explain?

Thanks, and again, thanks for putting this together.  I hope that it will be fun for everyone.

Rich

RSS