Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2009 - GOODBYE!

Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:06 PM (514 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2009 6:35 AM

Last week of signups begins. At the moment, 53 entries for U.S.A. and 30 for Team World.

Two Captain candidates for U.S.A. and three for Team World.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2009 10:11 AM

Good sized field.   This should be fun. :)

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2009 8:48 AM

TallAcePaul has joined the race for the Team  World Captaincy with just two days left to sign up.

By the way, I've already had comments from a two or three people asking me about this and TallAcePaul has mentioned it too when he signed up for Captain so I'll leave it clear: EVERYBODY in the world can play the Monthly International Opens, so everybody can qualify for this Ryder Cup.

Less than 48 hours left to sign up.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 4:51 AM

Hi Seveking,

On readung through everything I realise that you had addressed this issue earlier so sorry for making you go through it again. How about the other issue of having a window to tap up a few people who may not know the competition is on, if I was Captain!, to join the race for the team?

Tall Paul

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 9:30 AM

No worries:)  Only a few hours of signups to go. You can choose whoever you want as your two "wild cards", even if they didn't sign up to qualify the normal way (as long as they want to play, obviously).

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 4:02 PM

looking forward to our game 

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 2:36 AM

Right then, signups are closed! You can start posting your scores of your WGT Monthly International Opens.

Our big event for the month of May (until the 20th) are the election of the two Captains.  The links to vote for Captain are on the first page. You will be required to tell me your WGT Username to make sure nobody votes twice, but nobody except me will know who you have voted for.

When you click on the link to vote, you will see there is a question that asks you why you have voted for whoever you vote for. You don't have to answer that question if you don't want to, that i simply to get a general idea of what sort of things people take into account when they vote for somebody.

Let the qualifying for the Ryder Cup 2009 begin!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 5:29 PM

Vote for me!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2009 10:46 AM

A small stream of votes from the americans get us going. Only two have voted for their Team World Captain. No scores from International Opens have been submitted, but there's still lots of time until the end of the month.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2009 4:54 AM

There was a slight problem with the link to report qualfying scores for U.S.A players, but I think it's sorted out now. The first votes for Team World Captain start to come in, and so do the first scores.

RSS