Help › Forums

Chat with MisterWGT - 9/28 - 2pm PST

Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:13 AM (179 replies)
  • mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 9:13 AM

nat11:

I Have a thought for you ! 

What about getting things right 1st Before anymore ideas !!!

I agree on this, but who am I. Get rid of some of the things going on now clogging up your servers. I don't care if there are surveys available. I came here to play online golf. There are other things WGT can get rid of but it's their business they can do as they please.

Edit: Keep the Community Spotlight but only for winners of weekly, monthly or the big tournaments. You will find less uproar in these forums. No need to show level, avg. just who won.

During maintence do you folks ever delete posts that are they same? Seems not. These are also clogging up your servers as well as folks who no longer play but we know why you don't clear them out. Money for advertising. That WGT is a false and will bite you in the long run.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:20 AM

I'd like to be able to gift from my inventory.  I understand that one shouldn't be able to gift equipment beyond the recipients level; that restriction would be fine. 

For instance, I have balls I've won that I will never use.  I could offer CC tourney rewards without being out of pocket.

I understand that if you give someone a set of clubs, that's a set the player won't be buying from WGT.  However, the set WAS bought at full price.  If you sell it back, it actually costs WGT a tad off what they originally received.

Since there are ways to get credits to another person if you want to, I just don't see the problem of (level/tier restricted) gifting from inventory.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:21 AM

And another for you at WGT........

How can a guy very quickly join a game when invited, but take forever to load on the first tee?

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 12:08 PM

Buy Balls In Bulk

Good idea.. I asked for this ages ago with no reply

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/76967.aspx

I would also like to see how many hits are left on each ball.

Good idea here by another poster.  If balls are 200 credits for 3, how about a dozen for 600 credits or something like that.

I also like the number of hits left versus the bar.  I was trying to use up the last of the Ryder Cup balls I had bought and ended up on the 8th hole of a CTTH game with a fresh white WGT ball..............actually hit a good shot maybe I should use those.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 1:28 PM

1 more suggestion. When i click on my mouse is there any chance that the meter might actually stop instead of shooting through a centimeter and then stopping. This is the biggest downfall of this game in my opinion.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 4:33 PM

Speaking of fixing the old stuff first:

How about fixing the full swing meter? Why is it so iffy below 70%? I certainly have a half-swing in my bag in real life. 

Could at least split the difference. Since chipping is pretty much defined as putting with a lofted club, how about giving us the putting meter for chipping? Can't tell you how many times I've putted with my 7 iron in real life. 

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 5:03 PM

The thing with the mouse is something that's not entirely under a programmer's control, given the OSes that this game runs under.  It's even farther outside their control when there's a piece of intervening, third-party software (like Flash).  

These systems are event driven.  When you click the mouse, only the OS knows.  It sticks the click into an event cue for the supposedly correct application.  That application will process it when it gets its chance to run.  If there are a lot of preceding events or if the application decides it's a secondary issue, you're screwed.

To see that this is true, start your swing then move the mouse outside of the game window and click.  The event won't be queued in the right place and you'll get a whiff.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:31 PM

I would suggest something, but it seems my thoughts don't count very much lately.

1. Longer ball life would be great.

2. Lower cost on products would probably get more people interested in buy more credits. Like discounts for short times like week or 2 long for credits and products in the Pro Shop.

3. I have seen one thing brought up again that I was saying about disconnects is putting a ping view in lobby for multiplayer games. Then again I was chewed out by others about this one. This is not my fault people don't keep up with the connection speeds of today. Normal connection for home is around 7 mb for lowest and average 12 mb. If lower is obvious that they are not going to good connection. You can get 7 mb connection now around 14.99 a month. About 15 years ago the price was around that for dialup. So I can't see how someone could be stuck on dialup unless they are 50 miles away from civilization.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 9:08 PM

Possibly already been asked earlier in this thread or in a previous one, disregard if so. 

Was wondering wgts thoughts on android recently dropping and apple never having flash.  It seems the future of computing is moving to smaller and smaller devices with tablets replacing laptops.  Or even phones replacing ones needs for a laptop with screens now getting to the 5" range.  What are WGT plans for when flash is being used on fewer devices?

RSS