Forums

Help › Forums

Chat with MisterWGT - 9/28 - 2pm PST

Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:13 AM (179 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:36 AM

I like the idea of being able to step back from the ball and swing. That's one thing that's very real on any course in the world by any golfer.

SA18 reverse view cameras were removed quite a while ago and that hole is a pain to aim at from the front. They're still there in the CTTH, can they be reinstalled for stroke and MP play or is there a reason they were eliminated?

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 7:12 AM

I'm quite a naturist in real life and like to walk buff naked on naturist holidays.....even playing golf in some naturist resorts stark bollocks naked.

It would be dandy to have a naturist golfer available in single play mode so's not to offend anyone.

lol

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:12 AM

I second/third/fourth/infinity the motion to allow Legends and Tour Legends access to any and all equipment in the Pro Shop.

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:25 AM

Ok, Chad and company, the one issue that will always alienate and even anger is WGT's lost ball policy. Please, please, at least look at it. Surely you can back off a bit of the slurping up of them with such impunity. It all too often stands alone as the one truly legitimate reason to cry rip-off. Or at least think of it as such. Not talking about drowning golf balls or OB shots or the like, only  the ones that  just plain don't make sense. As well as the aforementioned shorter and shorter life spans of golf balls. Sorry, just had to bring it up.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 12:04 PM

The last two chats were ok but mostly devoted to new developments and such...all that is nice.

How about MisterWGT addressing some of the key issues that really have the WGT community APO, like.  Calm the crowd before you wow them. 

1) Swing Meter, and not the clear the cache crap, but talk about what is being done to make the swing meter consistent and what a PC owner can do (not clearing the cache crap) to have better performance.

2) The changes most have seen in game play in the past 3 months.  Putts that are supposed to break that do NOT break, and Putts with a lot of break displayed by the fast moving dots that go straight.  Clubs not getting the distance they used to get; and wind that shows in the little wind indicator that either has no effect at all on ball flight, or seems to be double what the indicator says.

3) the deviations that have been put into the game that leaves players wondering what happened when they ding a shot and it goes crazily off course into the water or OB.  Many feel that this is done on purpose so you guys can sell more balls.  Why does it always happen on a new ball?

4)  Giving country club owners the means of setting up tourneys by Tier and full control of of ranked tourney conditions just like in practice tourney and include Tier selection..

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:01 PM

1.  =====         =======   MALE AVATARS WITH HATS  =====         =======

why is it only the ladies who get to have a hat on all the good avatars?
    like the sunday red, the new green/yellow ausie colored avatar etc.

if the pros play with caps, why can't we?
    out of all the modern day looking male avatars
    (not including the ryder ones and the lexus one) only 2 have caps! why?

I'd love to see a sunday red+ black sleeveless vest + black cap avatar.

and while you're at it why not design more avatar bodies?

maybe some overweight ones, some elderly looking ones,
    some long haired ones, or bold ones, add a little touch of human diversity.

2. we need a reputation filter in the create/join a round menu
    to be able to select a minimum completion % of players in the multi-player rounds.

3. get rid of the championship zone page hijacking when we select a course

4. 16:9 res for future courses. seriously, it's time.

5. thursday pizza & karaoke (optional) nights for wgtpizza and icon,

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 11:40 PM

gmaster007:
    why is it only the ladies who get to have a hat on all the good avatars?

Yeah, i mean its not enough that they wear SPF Makeup and trowell on other skin care products so as to NOT need hats...

Oh yeah.. bad hair days.. i forgot.

It shouldnt be that hard to chose our own colour shirt/ pants/ shoes/ belt.

options to add - hat/ glasses/ trouser bulge/ 

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 4:11 AM

AGArgent:

Ok, Chad and company, the one issue that will always alienate and even anger is WGT's lost ball policy. Please, please, at least look at it. Surely you can back off a bit of the slurping up of them with such impunity. It all too often stands alone as the one truly legitimate reason to cry rip-off. Or at least think of it as such. Not talking about drowning golf balls or OB shots or the like, only  the ones that  just plain don't make sense. As well as the aforementioned shorter and shorter life spans of golf balls. Sorry, just had to bring it up.

I think the lost ball policy should be changed to only when it goes into water.    In real life you can usually find your ball, or another ball in the bushes, or OB... so why make us lose a ball when this happens?     Just take our strokes.. but not the ball.         

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 6:25 AM

Richard4168:

The two best ideas that have already been mentioned here are,

Allow new Legends the opportunity to purchase top equipment

The ability to customize avatars with different color shirts, pants, and various themes such as sports and holiday.

yes, just to yet again add  to this issue, brought up multiple times on various threads every-friggin'-where including this one, & which irks the daylights outta me ..

Legends deserve access to all top gear notwithstanding their level ..

i would perhaps leave out the R11s drivers as it would make the lower lvl R11 drivers somewhat obsolete .. but all other equipment should be made available .. it's win-win for both WGT and all Legend + players ..

i simply don't play that much anymore because of this glaring inequality .. lately i only play a round every 3 days or so where i used to play daily .. waiting until lvl 90 for me to get hold of the R11 irons is simply preposterous, considering i hit Legend @ lvl 78 already ..  

• pjctas0822
    4,555 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:43 AM

I still cant see why the scoring stats when playing ranked rounds are not dynamic. Counting all stats as they happen will keep the sandbaggers and Average protectors in check dont you think ?

RSS