Forums

Help › Forums

Chat with MisterWGT - 9/28 - 2pm PST

Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:13 AM (179 replies)
  • WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 3:51 PM

TWOMINUSONE:
    Lets hope that you guys get there in the end, and come up with something that will enable all of us to enjoy a game that doesnt drive us mad, lol

Oh I don't know, I think a little insanity is healthy  :)

In all seriousness, our goal is to never "get there". We strive to be an organic, evolving game that grows and changes to meet it's community's requests. Along the way, bugs will be smoothed out and bugs will be introduced. Of course we would love it if more of our community experienced less technical difficulties, so here I am trying to help with that :)

Thank you for keeping it classy,

-WGTpizza

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 5:06 PM

WGTpizza:
    and bugs will be introduced

Is this a play on words Sir .

My name is OPY and I am a forum troll .

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 5:16 PM

opyeuclid:
    Is this a play on words Sir .

Hmm... on second thought, I could have worded that better.

the long explanation: Whenever WGT adds new features to the game, more code is entered. Code is created by humans. Humans make mistakes. There is always a chance of new, unseen bugs being entered in to the game, which is why the bug report feature is so critical.

Hope that clarifies :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:07 PM

YankeeJim:
    SA18 reverse view cameras were removed quite a while ago and that hole is a pain to aim at from the front. They're still there in the CTTH, can they be reinstalled for stroke and MP play or is there a reason they were eliminated?

there is a few holes that could use a camera

even some that could be turned around

(easier than adding a new one?)

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:07 PM

YankeeJim:
    SA18 reverse view cameras were removed quite a while ago and that hole is a pain to aim at from the front. They're still there in the CTTH, can they be reinstalled for stroke and MP play or is there a reason they were eliminated?

there is a few holes that could use a camera

even some that could be turned around

(easier than adding a new one?)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:22 PM

How about a Membership Package... Monthly, Yearly maybe. With Free Golf balls of you choice thrown in....   Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond packages.... or if you don't want to join... then it's the same as now.

Diamond Membership, with the free Golf Balls of your choice (how many is debatable) and Green Fees thrown in.

Wgt can have a regular income coming in...depending on how many Memberships there is.  

Lets say your a Diamond Member....   and turn Legend, regardless of Level, then you are allowed access to all clubs.

Just a Thought.

Roger

• ladymozzy
    1,579 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:37 AM

Unbelievable how Mr WGT lets all these people who have got false averages get away with it, yep Tour Pro's Master and Tour Msters yet its most of us Legends who have spent the most. Absolutely pathetic Mr wgt be ashamed of urself OK

• ShammyIRL
    89 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:13 AM

The amount of people on here that requested the availability of clubs when they reached legend tier. The response that was given was less than satisfactory.

In another statement Mister Wgt said "<MisterWGT> Ultimately, we want players to face fair/balanced competition (i.e. no LVL90 Amateurs)

Granted it was in relation to sandbaggers, but how can there be a fair and balanced competition for a legend on L70 to a legend on L95 ?

Sham

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:02 AM

WGTpizza:
    We are constantly looking for new ways to improve performance of WGT Golf from our end.

The keyword there is looking rather than producing ways that improve performance of WGT golf on our PCs!  Sure, Chad mentioned months ago WGT was  "working on a few optimization solutions that will address some of the most common situations" causing meter issues, we've seen no release of these solutions, been given no schedule for these solutions, and been ignored by WGT when asking for progress on these solutions.

You need to look no further than these forums for solutions.  Many knowledgeable members have posted optimizations for WGT.  From removing friends list updates from the game to changing the swing meter colors from a gradient to solid colors, to posting Adobe Flash optimization techniques document links, and others...

Nothing, nada, zilch from WGT.  Your game client for PCs performs no better than it did years ago.  All we've received are hollow promises and the constant dogma that WE need to optimize our systems.  Can you tell our patience is running out?

While I was away during the last week watching the US Ryder Cup team's Choketoberfest I had the opportunity to try WGT on two separate PCs.  The meter sucked!  Know this.  Your vision of building a game where people can merely go to any PC, anywhere, and play the WGT golf game has not been realized. 

• brysoni23
    693 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:45 AM

Give WGT a break they are probably changing the whole game to HTML 5 ready for when Flash player goes out of the window.

RSS