Forums

Help › Forums

Legend tier

Thu, Apr 29 2010 4:16 PM (56 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 6:11 PM

donsprintr:
    My suggestion would be to leave "Master" as the name for the top players as it signifies those who have mastered a profession, etc. Masters could be situated a tee box further back and the lesser performance masters could be renamed "Pro" and remain at the same tee boxes ... those called Pro now could be labeled "Semi-pro"

This is a great suggestion don, and one I agree with. It's perfect. It seems like the way it should have been all along.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:44 AM

A new tier could have as many disadvantages as advantages.  But were it to happen, 'Grand Master' seems a fitting title for elite players.  I would also like to see a different name for new players.        

Joey

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 5:18 AM

The name of a higher elevation is not as interesting as the criteria of reaching it. I hope that it is at a level not reachable in a week. It should have serious requirements that truly identify whatever the name is.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 6:21 AM

How's this for an idea ... Much like the World Match Play championship puts players in brackets named after some of the game's greats .... ie. the Hogan Bracket, Snead Bracket, etc. etc.       I would like to suggest naming the WGT levels after some of the premier / most well known players in the game --- and base player levels not only on how well they play .. but on how they interact within the WGT community.    My suggestions are:

Level 1 = Iconian Level = For those who's game is in the gutter.

Level 2 = Faterson Level = For those who would rather post than play

Level 3 = Snaike Level = For those with insightful and EPIC remarks.

Level 4 = Jakestanfill Level = For those who excel with a crappy meter

Level 5 = SweetiePie Level = For those who enjoy the game to it's fullest

Level 6 = OakTheToke Level = For those who playing WGT gives them a "HIGH"

Level 7 = BolluxInBruges/AvatarLee Level = For those who play in another stratosphere

:)

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 7:38 AM

forgot Level 8 Lou... The Tibbets level.... the one we can only hope to strive for....

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:20 AM

Of course there should be a Joeyola tier for those who like to (wink), (smile) and point over---->

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:35 AM

If it were up to the members, based on the current stroke average system, what would be the target number to make the super duper master tier?

And personally, I think the hack tier should be removed, just call them all amateurs.

• Iamcdn
    25 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:43 AM

Call it whatever pleases the majority. All I am saying is this. You tee off on one ot the Ready-Go's, amazing drives and putts and you shoot a great game just to be tied for 5th. I am not knocking the greats out there, s**t I would love to shoot in the 20's or the 50's and rack up an enormous amount of credits....lol.  Legend tier, why not, he who shootith a 54 on any one of the 18's, has mastered the masters...I applaud him or her.  FYI-I actually have to buy credits.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 12:24 PM

neildiamond11790:

If it were up to the members, based on the current stroke average system, what would be the target number to make the super duper master tier?

And personally, I think the hack tier should be removed, just call them all amateurs.

The criteria should be

a) lower average than I currently have or ever had

b) if by earnings, at least $200 more than what I currently have

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 12:35 PM

What if that ultimate tier was created for those very serious, very good players that wanted to be set apart based on their abilities?  Something you had to earn and play up to? The sandbagging thing kinda kills a lot of good ideas for tiers but creating one where it was an earned effort reward might be kind of cool. Just a thought.

RSS