Forums

Help › Forums

Legend tier

Thu, Apr 29 2010 4:16 PM (56 replies)
  • Iamcdn
    25 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 12:12 PM
    WGT needs a legend tier. All those in favour say aye...
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 1:01 PM

Aye, we need another tier to separate the top Master players from the rest of us Masters.

Call it whatever, doesn't have to be "Legend".

Funny, this topic has been widely suggested and is not on the Player Suggestion List (or on the Product Roadmap list).

Admins, can you fix that for us??

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 1:16 PM

We do have plans for adding at least one more tier in the future.  It's not on the PSL because it's something we've intended to do all along.  Soon. =)

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 1:17 PM
    grrrrrrr aye matey
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 1:27 PM

WGTniv:

We do have plans for adding at least one more tier in the future.  It's not on the PSL because it's something we've intended to do all along.  Soon. =)

Please...don't call it Legends Niv...that name suggests that the person was once very good...not a person who is at the top of this game.

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 1:45 PM

Elite tier might be good as is in the wgt belt.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 2:02 PM

Anything to encourage sandbagging. A new tier should make it easier.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 4:07 PM

My suggestion would be to leave "Master" as the name for the top players as it signifies those who have mastered a profession, etc. Masters could be situated a tee box further back and the lesser performance masters could be renamed "Pro" and remain at the same tee boxes ... those called Pro now could be labeled "Semi-pro" and remain at the same tee boxes as they are now ... to me it seems this would be a simple way to do things and would not require any equipment turn ins... the only changes would be name changes and name changes to the equipment one is allowed to use ... except for the top performing masters of course who would be situated further back on the tee boxes giving them a further challenge to "master" ... another benefit of this is to allow those stepping up from the new "Semi-pro" rank to "Pro", the opportunity to compete with the faster meter higher performing equipment without having to face the toughest competition on the site ...they would then be able to advance to "Master" status concurrent with their performance ... or remain at a level at which they are able to compete ... sounds like a win-win situation to me ...

• Krypler
    38 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 4:28 PM

I'm a legend in my own mind!!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 5:59 PM

donsprintr:
    My suggestion would be to leave "Master" as the name for the top players as it signifies those who have mastered a profession, etc.

I agree with ya don.  They earned the title let 'em keep it and the green jackets.  As far as the rest of us lesser performing masters (very tactfully put btw) might as well call us Lawyers because everyone hates us for quitting anyway!

RSS