Help › Forums

American Flag

Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:32 PM (124 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:18 PM

YankeeJim:
    Polka dots?

The original shows a little more detail and is slightly larger. Definitely stars, not polka dots.

http://plutoniumblond.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/rkd5.jpg

Notice the flags on display around the room, in a show of respect?

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:24 PM

pillsy:

this is not patriotic?

No...It's a white man's tacky "hammer" time...

If you want to remember patriotism go back in time...

to the days after 9-11...

Vitrual golf pants have nothing to do with patriotism (to me)...of course capitalism is still American...which is why WGT introduce them...or did that get missed?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:28 PM

VanHalenLover:
    If that is the logic behind your argument, than neither of them do, as neither of them have 50 stars or 13 stripes. 

\What's the first thing that comes to mind with the first picture? What's the first thing that comes to mind with the second?

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:32 PM

After just having a conversation with a friend of mine, on WGT, who has served, he put a perspective in my eyes....

I apologize to those who served, and NEVER meant any disrespect!!!  I appreciate all of our soldiers.....

WITH that being said....I don't think that WGT is in any way shape or form trying to disrespect our or the OTHER countries with this new line of clothing,

WHAT scares me, is how venomous the US people have been...This is scary to me....no wonder we have gun laws and medicine for prescription only, and the such....we are a Country  in turmoil and it is showing it's true colors here.......

VERY SCARY!!!!!  I for one am glad I am behind a computer screen, because who knows what would happen to me if I wasn't.....ONLY in the USA though!!!

You don't see anyone over there in Canada complaining or the Brits....about  the clothing line.....WOW....ONLY IN AMERICA....unreal....

This is clothes people, a virtual golf game line of clothing.....My Oh My

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:36 PM

brandi35:
    WHAT scares me, is how venomous the US people have been.

I haven't seen any venom here-just a lot of emotions on both sides of the debate. Would you rather everybody just pooh-pooh the whole flag thing?

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:38 PM

YankeeJim:
    \What's the first thing that comes to mind with the first picture? What's the first thing that comes to mind with the second?

The first thing that comes to mind for me, for BOTH of them, is nothing more than the good 'ol USA. I don't see any disrespect from either of them, and I certainly don't see one of those crossing any line that the other isn't. 

Like I said before, this conversation is pretty much up to everyones interpretation of respect. I personally don't see any disrespect in either example.

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:43 PM

I would rather this forum thread get locked....we are making a mockery out of our Country and I am just in awe.  

OVER F'ING virtual clothes.....this is golf, not politics and war and the such!!!!

R U KIDDING ME?????

Sorry if it offends some, but if VIRTUAL CLOTHES OFFENDS YOU, then please get help, if you are going to serve my Country!  I am just in AWE!!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:51 PM

Did you serve Brandi?

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:54 PM

Brandi... Do your over the top reactionary posts help?

Please quit yelling and calm down already...put your big girl pants on...

and have a "civil discussion"...(as you stated)

You didn't want to buy the avatar because it was too expensive, others who thought like you felt they were tacky etc...also.

I'm not buyin them for those reasons plus those of the original post...

My heart hasn't  jumped out of my chest coming to that conclusion...

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:59 PM

I'd like to know what exactly is offensive...

The clothes are meant to represent your country in competition, not to shame the country in any way, shape or form.

Am I missing something?

RSS