Forums

Help › Forums

American Flag

Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:32 PM (124 replies)
  • ChiefBt
    54 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 8:37 PM

I want you to know that as a U.S. Navy retired Chief I am appalled that you would put the stars and stripes on something you sit on, I have a whole lot more respect for the flag and colors that our fathers and sons and daughters have and are fighting for. At this point and time I am respectfully requesting that you remove the red, white  and blue pants avatar if you want to put it on the shirt that's fine but I really don't think it has any place being near someones @ss. I don't know how the people from the country's feel about their flag being next to their @ss but I can tell you I don't like it one BIT.Respectfully,

J.           M.

BTC     (SW)

USN     RET.

• AlbinoRhino
    15 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 8:39 PM

I can get behind that and I am a transplanted Canadian!

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 8:56 PM

They're virtual pants, how offensive can it be?

With all do respect, it is just a game, nothing more. It isn't like the virtual avatar wipes his dirty hands on the pants, or actually sits down. He just plays golf, plain and simple.

I am a very proud American by the way, nothing biased here =)

• ChiefBt
    54 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:02 PM

rehill:

They're virtual pants, how offensive can it be?

With all do respect, it is just a game, nothing more. It isn't like the virtual avatar wipes his dirty hands on the pants, or actually sits down. He just plays golf, plain and simple.

I am a very proud American by the way, nothing biased here =)

You can't be to proud to be an American it is the symbolism that is the point here not whether any body is wiping there hands

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:12 PM

ChiefBt:

You can't be to proud to be an American it is the symbolism that is the point here not whether any body is wiping there hands

... I don't see the negative symbolism. What, because the American Flag pants are near a virtual avatar's rear end? I, personally don't find this the slightest bit offensive.

If I was to fight for the US, however, I may have a similar point of view.

• dlc1862
    51 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:13 PM

I agree with you Chief  100 %.   There is nothing more to say. you either get it or you don't.

Jim ,   you r going to get replies from people that just don't get it.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:22 PM

dlc1862:

I agree with you Chief  100 %.   There is nothing more to say. you either get it or you don't.

Jim ,   you r going to get replies from people that just don't get it.

Let me clear this up so I don't see like I am just trying to argue. I am fairly young (in college) and my point of view is surely going to differ from someone older, who has served in the military. Like I said, If I had served in the military I would no doubt find this offensive. I was just stating my opinion, not trying to start a fight =)

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:22 PM

Chief,

I think the idea behind the pants was to create a sense of patriotism, not to diminish it.

Your point comes across loud and clear and in some ways I agree with you but unfortunately I think youre drawing the wrong point behind a pair of pants on a video game

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:30 PM

Hi ChiefBT,

First and foremost, thanks for your servicei. Your service is understood and appreciated, but I have to respectfully take the other side of the debate on this. No one wishes to see see anything negative happen to our flag, but it is also the freedom to do so that must be protected at all costs. As a service man, I'm sure you can appreciate that. I certainly have no respect for anyone who wishes harm on such an important National symbol, but I also believe that their right to  do just that is much more important.

I've never served myself, but come from a family with a long history of service in the Marine Corps, so I've had this debate before and now how emotional and passionate it can be.

Thanks again for your service, and Semper FI.

VaHaLo

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:36 PM

Chief....THIS is a VIRTUAL video golf game....Some fun times for people!  For you to make it something else, is WAY OVERBOARD....Go tell your story somewhere else, and let this golf game be a fun game.  I believe WGT was just introducing team spirit with the clothes line.  Overpriced, however, for you to make it into the BS you are trying to is completely disrespecting our Country.  I appreciate what you did...but this is a virtual golf game, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

If I had the 8.00 to wear the Red White and Blur Proud, I would....I WOULDN'T however be knocking it, like you are.......

RSS