Forums

Help › Forums

American Flag

Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:32 PM (124 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 10:17 PM

brandi35:
    PLease don't sick your brother, uncle which ever it was on me again....I still have that PM......

Excuse me? I did?  Please explain.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 10:23 PM

AHHH! laughing my starred and stripped ass off at Oak! (as always!)

America, the beautiful. :P

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 11:00 PM

Hey everybody,

I appreciate the discourse in this thread and normally I'm rather lenient on topics that tend to meander into different conversations, but this isn't one of them.  As this is a serious concern for some folks I must request that you please keep the discussion on topic.

Thanks

*cleaned up thread a little*

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:38 AM

As a Brit, I can see where some of you Americans are coming from, and I can understand why sme of you care about your flag so much. America cares about their flag about as much as we care about the Royal Family.

However, I don't mind the Union Flag version. As someone who has not serviced (although my brother-in-law is in the Army) and someone who is quite young, I may have different opinions to others. But I feel that Britain 'protects' it's flag a lot less than Americans, because it is such a small part of our country (and rarely used, too. We tend to use the flags of each separate country more). And I would proudly wear the Union Flag version.... if I could afford it!

Just my 1p.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 8:06 AM

BOFFMEN:
    Vitrual golf pants have nothing to do with patriotism (to me)...of course capitalism is still American...which is why WGT introduce them...or did that get missed?

DAMN, DID YOU HIT THAT OUT OF THE PARK

If no one has noticed this country is a free and democratic country, and if you do not believe that, ask the 5 supreme court judges who voted that corporations have the same rights as individuals, and can donate all the money they want to politicians to continue to make this country free. I HAVE READ ALL THE COMMENTS,  and I find some of you are very innocent children. You can stomp on our flag, burn our flag, but do not make us think that you are being patriotic by selling our flag for slacks

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 8:23 AM

Ellis...Wisdom doesn't always arrive with maturity; your very well stated post proves that. 

I think your use of "protect" the flag is appropriate as to why it concerns many Americans.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 8:58 AM

rehill:
    They're virtual pants, how offensive can it be?

There were absolutely no "virtual" deaths' or injuries to our fellow Americans.

The American Flag to me represents first and foremost our military.Thanks for your service Chief BT.Thanks again.

When I see My Country's Flag being degraded in any way I get UPSET and I think I should.Am I crazy because I love my Country?..NO.Am I crazy because I choose to respect our Armed Forces? No.

This is America.The greatest Nation on Earth.The Best citizens in the world.

Our Military has been all over the world and the first thing the people see when we get there is our flag.

For me the flag of any country should be respected.A lot of people have died so that our flags are still there.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:43 AM

GITrDONE:

When I see My Country's Flag being degraded in any way I get UPSET...

I understand and agree with most of what you said... but, how is the flag being degraded in this current situation?

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:50 AM

I love the American Flag and what it represents, seeing it used this way, to me, is degrading.It is being used as a marketing tool and I find that offensive.

I'm not ok with it and your ok with it,thats our choice.Thats the beauty of America,the "Right" to a civil disagreement.There is no winner or loser here.It is how "we" feel.I do have the right to my opinion no? I'm not trying to change your way of thinking,I'm just stating how I feel.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 11:11 AM

Our flag carries American ideas, American history and American feelings. It is not a painted rag. It is a whole national history. It is the constitution. It is the government. It is the emblem of the sovereignty of the people. It is the nation.

RSS