Forums

Help › Forums

American Flag

Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:32 PM (124 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 10:47 AM

You make a good point Jay.

My explanation is, don't take an extra large American flag and cut it up to make a shirt and a pair of pants. I don't see nothing wrong with displaying a flag for novelty reasons. 

I find playing golf in pants with your countries flag on them a little unrealistic, but to each their own.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 10:53 AM

WGTniv:

Thanks for all of your discussion on this subject everybody.  We are listening to your comments on this matter.  Suffice it to say we certainly had no intention of disgracing the flag or offending our members in any way, shape or form.  The pants were only intended to allow players to show their patriotism and we thought many folks would enjoy wearing their colors proudly.

As of now I can't predict what will happen on this matter going forward, but I'm sure going to pass this along so your comments are heard.

Thank you for keeping the discussion civil.

Niv, I think we all agree that there was no intent to inflame or insult anyone. My suggestion would be a shirt, rather than pants. I think it would be more readily accepted.

• WYLBILL81
    69 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 12:09 PM

Chief! Nothing else needs to be said. AMERICANS will get it... others wont.........................

GOD BLESS ALL who have served OUR great country,1and all.

for with out them we would not be here still fighting for our rights..

lov ya Chief

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 12:36 PM

WYLBILL81:

Chief! Nothing else needs to be said. AMERICANS will get it... others wont.........................

GOD BLESS ALL who have served OUR great country,1and all.

for with out them we would not be here still fighting for our rights..

lov ya Chief

What's to get? I mean ya, the amount of courage to fight for our country is tremendous and nothing I could do, I'll admit that, but isn't that completely off topic? We're talking about a digital accessory that isn't being abused, at all.

I understand the fact that the flag represents the troops fighting for our country, but this isn't a flag. It has the same pattern and was implemented to show patriotism in a postive fashion.

If the pants were added for representing ones nation in a positive way, why potray it as anything negative?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 12:46 PM

NormH3:
    The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.

Doesn't this pretty clearly state something?

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:11 PM

aceydeucey:
    l.... and if you see a player with them on.... just leave the game if it bothers you so much. Semper Fi!

Semper Fi   AD!!!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:20 PM

YankeeJim:
    NormH3:
    The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.

Yeah, Norm pimped it.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:33 PM

YankeeJim:

NormH3:

Doesn't this pretty clearly state something?

YJ,

I'm not so sure that golf attire is considered an athletic uniform, but the point is taken.

Although, I can think of one instance off the top of my head where a team uniform is accepted while representing a countries flag and have yet to hear any objections to its' use. It happens every 4 years and for countless countries.

or....

and maybe even one that I'd recommend for the upcoming summer games.....

And no, I am NOT trying to make light of the debate. Just pointing out that it CAN be flown in many different settings without an intention of degradation.

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:52 PM

Thank You VanHalenLover!!!  Thank You!!!!!!!!

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 6:14 PM

I'd have to complete agree with you.

First and foremost pant legs touch the ground and any true patriot knows that the American flag should never touch the ground by ANY means.

Nor should it be sat upon.

It is solely for this reason that I will probably end up purchasing the union jack avatar. LOL.

Major; USAF; Active.

RSS