Forums

Help › Forums

American Flag

Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:32 PM (124 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 12:47 AM

These "pants", as you chaps across the pond refer to, should be removed forthwith. They are an affront  and embarrassment to your nation and people, on account of the fact they look bloody ridiculous, as are the British & Candian equivalents. Nothing to do with being on a CGI of a golfer to cover his "fanny".

I have enormous respect for any man who has fought for their country, that takes more balls than I could ever muster. However have a bit of perspective on this. This is a game afterall, a bit of fun, an escape from the pressures of life :0)

I cannot even choose to play under the flag of my own country on here. Does it bother me? Not one bit......I only care about seeing the ball drop in the hole in the fewest shots possible.

• HMFC1874
    3 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 3:40 AM

i can remember ian poulter wearing union jack pants at a big golf tourny .never heard anyone one complaining then.from this side of the pond but each to there own .

• antisocialworker
    1 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 4:00 AM
    have you ever seen the "american flag" beach towel? people sit on those.
  • LukeMc
    1 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 4:03 AM
    If I was American, I definitely would not be proud...
  • usw1748
    14 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 4:39 AM
    I am an American and I am damn proud of it. Are you saying if I was British I should be more proud, I think not?
  • ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:40 AM

Ok....  Find it offensive or not.......  We all have freedom of choice, whether English, American, Canadian, French, German...................  Wanna know a big secret Chief?  If you don't like the avatar pants.... don't buy them.  Geeesh.  I mean next we'll have black american gangstas getting pissed off because they get a Pimp Daddy avatar.  I mean what a waste of our chatting time.  I, for one, do not like wearing clothing that is striped, hence I wouldn't wear the flag as a shirt or pants.....  Yah I'm a typical non fashion sense American male who prefers blue jeans and solid colored dress shirts.  I do have some fancy, solid color ties.....  even a purple one.... oh no that might make people think I'm a little wierd....  again... if you don't like it... don't use it.  That is all that needs to be said.  It's sort of like a movie.....  Hey if you don't want to see torture and mutilation.... don't watch Hostel or Hostel 2.  If you don't like lame comedies....  and so on.  Next and last.....  Grow Up!  You are a retired navy chief and a computer game pair of pants sets you off on a nationalist tirade?  Did you retire or were you forced because you couldn't handle the enemy mocking you?

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:45 AM

There is not an issue I could care about less than this one.  These are cartoons.

- AtlantaCoaster

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 6:19 AM

ChristopherRouss:

Did you retire or were you forced because you couldn't handle the enemy mocking you?

Everyone here is entitled to an opinion, but your comment is clearly uncalled for.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 6:29 AM

Good thread chief.

I am an ex-Navy man myself and served in the Panamanian, and Desert Storm wars. The flag is a symbol of our freedom, and this very freedom we as Americans love and cherish, has been bought with the blood of our countrymen for over 238 years.

A flag should never be used as, or worn as clothing for an individual. A representation of the flag could be worn as a shirt, but wearing the American flag for trousers is a bit over the top and not to mention disrespectful. It's a shame to read some of the posts in this thread. This should not be a polarizing discussion.

The realism of the game seems to diminish some when we see avatars sporting the flags of other countries on their trousers. I understand WGT is looking for revenue, but this was a little distasteful on WGT's part. I'm sure if WGT would rearrange the avatar outfit, it should show to be more satisfying to some of the members at WGT.

If members would Google the "American flag" they would see proper protocol for our Stars and Stripes.

God bless our men and women in uniform.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:35 AM

ChiefBt:

I want you to know that as a U.S. Navy retired Chief I am appalled that you would put the stars and stripes on something you sit on, I have a whole lot more respect for the flag and colors that our fathers and sons and daughters have and are fighting for. At this point and time I am respectfully requesting that you remove the red, white  and blue pants avatar if you want to put it on the shirt that's fine but I really don't think it has any place being near someones @ss. I don't know how the people from the country's feel about their flag being next to their @ss but I can tell you I don't like it one BIT.Respectfully,

J.           M.

BTC     (SW)

USN     RET.

I'm with you Chief. This patriotic American doesn't like it either. I will email WGT. I suggest all that feel the same do so as well.

RSS