Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Multi-accounters / restarters

Wed, Sep 28 2022 1:55 PM (36 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 5:10 AM

Yiannis1970:

Why GDPR applies only to Apple and not to Microsoft?

To make it easier to understand, Apple's/WGT case is like:

Buying a new car from Toyota and Toyota holds the right to withdraw the vehicle in case i don't pay a fine for speed limit.

Its too early for this...lol

I believe MS designates itself a "Data Processor" not a "Controller" in the US though I think they had some issues with that in UK. While apple due to I-Message and the like are a "Data Controller" the rules are different for each.

But imagine IF you signed/clicked yes to a TOS contract with Toyota giving them the right to withdraw your vehicle....

EDIT:
    https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa

https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RE3uDwE

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2022/02/01/is-it-time-for-a-us-version-of-gdpr/?sh=6eb48c11637a

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 5:46 AM

HamdenPro:
    Obviously, although option 2 is the most fair to all who play this "gentleman's game"

Not being argumentative but I honestly just do not see how this would affect anyone...

The whole issue seems to revolve around showdowns as this is when I see all the screenshots and (Mostly) Higher Tier players calling players out as Re-starters. 

As I understand it the theory is- "A high tier player creates a 2nd account to win showdowns and gift winnings back to higher tier account"? WHY would they not just play and win the showdown with their higher tier account if this was the case? Keeping in mind the ones complaining are High Tier players...Playing the rookie side of showdown where Lower Tiers should be.

Its not like their is enough credits (is there?) to make it worth becoming a hack, to try to win hack tourneys to funnel credits back to their main account before they tier up.

And IF they do play and win hack tourneys,  How does this affect these "High" tier players who complain and start threads about it?

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 6:46 AM

PureGro1:

Yiannis1970:

Why GDPR applies only to Apple and not to Microsoft?

To make it easier to understand, Apple's/WGT case is like:

Buying a new car from Toyota and Toyota holds the right to withdraw the vehicle in case i don't pay a fine for speed limit.

Its too early for this...lol

I believe MS designates itself a "Data Processor" not a "Controller" in the US though I think they had some issues with that in UK. While apple due to I-Message and the like are a "Data Controller" the rules are different for each.

But imagine IF you signed/clicked yes to a TOS contract with Toyota giving them the right to withdraw your vehicle....

EDIT:
    https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa

https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RE3uDwE

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2022/02/01/is-it-time-for-a-us-version-of-gdpr/?sh=6eb48c11637a

Have you taken a look to the links you quote? In case you haven't...

Is It Time For A U.S. Version Of GDPR?

the article has been written 8 months ago and refers:

In The European Union, Data Privacy Is Protected

The EU member countries codified the right to personal data privacy in April 2016 with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). More specifically, the GDPR is a regulation on data protection and privacy in the EU and the European Economic Area, as well as on the transfer of personal data outside those areas. The law became enforceable in May 2018 with significant penalties for violators.

The GDPR specifies that data subjects get to determine what happens with their personal information. The approach in the U.S. is generally that individuals must selectively opt-out of processes that allow businesses to collect and store personal information.

The European Commission has declared that, although there's more progress to be made, the GDPR is "an overall success" in that individuals are "more empowered and aware of their rights." Another measure of success is that other legislative bodies outside the EU are considering similar actions. That said, is it time for a U.S. version of GDPR-like privacy legislation?

Federal Regulation Would Be A Unifier

The concern with a state-by-state implementation of individual data protection and privacy laws is that although there are similarities among the states' regulations, there are also differences. This creates a problem for businesses that operate nationwide, or at least across state lines, that must comply with a range of mandates — some of which may contradict each other. For simplicity’s sake, businesses want one unified and standard set of regulatory requirements to meet. This is precisely what the GDPR did, replacing numerous disparate regulations instituted by various EU member states.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 7:10 AM

Yiannis1970:

Have you taken a look to the links you quote? In case you haven't...

I did but it had been awhile, I was just trying to give you some background on where this stands- which is what I thought you were looking for.

The larger point is how would you separate GDPR from the rest of the world? Keeping in mind you maybe a resident of Europe while residing somewhere else, And California's CCPA throws a wrench into everything as well.

Again, I'm not defending Apple, GDPR or WGT...Etc. Just explaining why WGT would be required to allow account deletion.

Here is another link, helps explain how the IEC and ISO help drive this as well.

https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso-iec:27701:ed-1:v1:en

Crazy how a thread about a low tier player beating up on champions in the showdown became a court case about Apple and GDPR...lol

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 7:32 AM

Not defending anyone here either. I tried to say that there's no equivalent GDPR law in the states, at federal level, plus that GDPR has nothing to do with the directives of a company which imposes its will to another one without a precise legal frame.

As about:

The larger point is how would you separate GDPR from the rest of the world? Keeping in mind you maybe a resident of Europe while residing somewhere else, And California's CCPA throws a wrench into everything as well.

Your problem is solved with legal jurisdiction aka which legal frame applies to company's activities.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 1:33 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Your problem

I never had a problem, you need to go tell Apples App Store and Googles Google Play this info...The only problem I was trying to solve was the belief that WGT made this up.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 1:55 PM

Just a figure of speech...

RSS