Help › Forums

Re: Country Club Owners

Wed, Mar 15 2023 2:13 PM (109 replies)
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 4:49 PM

WGTadmin2:
    ok, we will look at a cc tourney creation confirm screen

Well, it depends on if the owner or creator of the tourney is still able to edit, BEFORE a player has joined.

For instance there could be a 60min delay before the Tourney becomes 'live', this should be ample time for adjustments to be made.

Also, I think the owner should be able to delete a tourney into a black hole if they choose to.

We are also another club which allow members to create tourneys as they please, the ability to delete (or in fact adjust a tourney) at any time would be a great help.

Can I please clarify with you WGTadmin2, ...

is this going to be another CC suggestions thread or do your logs match the ones i offered above and you could update on those existing suggestions?

Perhaps you could start up a new thread and officially ask for the cc owners suggestions?

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 6:49 PM

SHRUDE:

Well, it depends on if the owner or creator of the tourney is still able to edit, BEFORE a player has joined.

For instance there could be a 60min delay before the Tourney becomes 'live', this should be ample time for adjustments to be made.

Also, I think the owner should be able to delete a tourney into a black hole if they choose to.

Modifying a tourney before it shows up only works IF the person creating the Tourney can see the tourney in some way (other than the creation screen - which everyone creating one sees now.

I also think giving an hour before the tourney to become live is a tad too much to ask of a CC owner. For example, if I were in your CC and created one at 8 am my time the hour would be up about 6 hours before you even get up the next morning.

Delete is the only real option IMHO

SHRUDE:

We are also another club which allow members to create tourneys as they please, the ability to delete (or in fact adjust a tourney) at any time would be a great help.

Currently, WGT allows ANY member of all Country Clubs to create a Tourney - the only power a CC owner has is to threaten the maker of strange or unwanted tourneys is to remove them from the CC (or actually do it).

Maybe another possibility exists - kind of a stretch for WGT's limited capabilities but in the above CC management pop up I proposed - put one more box under

Tourney Management

[  ] Create Tourneys

Default is that it is checked (allowing the member to create tourneys) but the CC owner could go in and uncheck it so that particular member could not create one...

Again just an idea.

Ed

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 7:26 PM

Priesum:

EasyEdward:

WGTadmin2:

ok, we will look at a cc tourney creation confirm screen

One of the other popular suggestions was to give the CC Owner the ability to designate specific members to perform part of or all of their duties.

If the CC owner has to confirm all tourneys this would be yet another burden on the owner that could not currently be delegated.

One thing you could investigate is the possibility of giving the CC Owner a button called:

[CC Management]   or even simpler: [Delegate]

When CC the owner clicked on that button a screen would pop up that looks something like this:

The CC owner could then simply type in the user name and check off the powers they want that user to have. 

This would be particularly helpful as well, if say the CC owner was going on an extended vacation and would not be around to monitor club activities.

The list above was just my first crack at the items that would be good to have - I am sure others will have opinions on what should be included.

QUICK EDIT: The CC owner would have full powers even if they have a member (or members) with the same "power."

Ed

+1

Thanks for the +1

Yahoo Groups had this feature in the 1990s so I know it is possible.

The only power that can never be delegated is to "kill" the CC.

Say you are a CC owner and want to just take a break for a time. Not monitor everything every day.

Just find someone you trust who is willing and check all of the boxes.

If CC owners think this is a good idea then could be one more box to transfer ownership:

[  ] Full Ownership Transfer

Again just an idea.

Ed

• RemBeau
    2,515 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 9:10 PM
     SHRUDE:
    Who were these CC owners you spoke to?

I was also been contacted by WGT, 1 Spokeman & 4 wgt administrators taking notes 

SHRUDE:
    How long ago?

Been contacted also on May 23. 

SHRUDE:
    What improvements were asked for

things we discussed:

- Anything that will help creating more interactions among members of a CC.

- A different gift method for internal tourney CC

- Bracket tourney 

- Limitation of present wgt forum, reason why we create our our external one: easier to follow specific thread & post. 

Make a Country Club "Wall & custom image option. 

- Email message: work well on our side 

-Quick way to do friends clean up on , instead of one by one.

- Not to take in statistic panel (wgt community Country Clubs) 1 member only. 

- Not to forget, Main request of our members: FRENCH AVATAR :hihihi:

I greatly appreciate this experience , very positive. :pouceup:

-----

I see excellent suggestions in this thread, working together is the key. 

In regards to 15 tourney, i found it a lot , this will cause a low level of total participation per tourney.  Suggestion. To give CC owner tool to pre determine number of tourney per category. This will give the flexibility & managing tool for all CC owner, because each CC are unique & different. 

Also as Shrude indicated, "Perhaps you could start up a new thread and officially ask for the cc owners suggestions?

Good suggestion, why not go with 3 main request per CC & then regroup them to highlight the Top 10 priorities and put them onto a official process & ask tight feedback monitoring coming from WGT with ETA per example. 

Thx

Remy

Sherbrooke Country Club. 

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 6:16 PM

RemBeau:
    I greatly appreciate this experience , very positive

Glad you got the opportunity.

I was very disappointed that I nominated a couple of time slots, waited for the call and it didnt come.

I could have been.....  writing my next thesis or something!

:)

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 3:35 AM
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 9:20 AM

really good ideas you all

sorry we could not contact all of you.

• danooo1
    3,422 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 2:00 AM

Ed -- I own Meadowbrooke CC ..

We currently stand at 86 members--but shooting for 100.  I'll then close off the invite.

I think a CC can grow TOO big for proper management. In our CC, we are like a huge family.  I know each member on a first name basis...you are not just another number here.

I wrote in our posts that we would adhere to PGA Rules.  Anyone who sets up a tourney must use Tournament Speed Greens and wind---pin--and teebox options are their choices. 

NO UNLIMINTED PLAY IS OUR  # 1  RULE!  I lost a half dozen members when I made that rule. Lmao

We strive to help the lower Tiers advance. I have 20+ Legends and most made it there from this CC. They play with the lower Tiers Coaching along the way.

I have a Tournament Director --a Putting Coach ,  and I offer tips and guidance in Course Management.  Things run very smooth.

We keep half a dozen tourneys going, and have tourneys for Master and below. The TM and Legends have their own tourneys--alot tougher I might add.

I thought I would offer a solution to most problems by adhering to PGA Rules

Thank you for letting mee vent

xx

• BobOrr3
    4 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2023 3:55 PM

Great I would like to join   I am a member of another club but it is not very active.

BobOrr3

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2023 2:13 PM

BobOrr3:
    Great I would like to join 

Difficult...

danooo1 isn't a CC owner any more, and he hasn't been active for two years.

I suggest you look for an active club with an active owner and have him invite you. There are plenty offers in other threads.

RSS