Forums

Help › Forums

Anyone else find inconstancies in the game.

Fri, Sep 8 2017 12:52 PM (81 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:07 PM

Wow!  All the names in that thread brought back a lot of memories.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:51 PM

Mesmorizer:

DAZZA501:

If you want to get better at the game then buying clubs is the only way to do it. If you want to play the game for fun then don't buy them.

Yes there's sometimes strange things that happen but keep grinding away and the good rounds will become more frequent.

What makes the good players stand out from the rest is how they recover from the bad shots. Same as real golf. You've gotta bite the bullet when the bad things happen and get the composure back and work out the best way of saving par. Only then will the good rounds be produced.

I get frustrated at times but that's what makes me come back and try it all over again. At the end of the day this is the best golf game out there and always will be.

Dazza

+100000 LOL.

This is one of the best post on the subject and how I have felt about it forever. Seriously even in the real game crap happens. Its what you do with the crap that counts and the best on here know how to turn that crap shot into something.

Seriously should book mark this comment as the VEM/inconsistant thing comes up way to much and this is really how people should be looking at it.

Awsome post Dazza and 100% agree with your statement!

Mes.

+1000001

Heres a quote from Bobby Jones.

Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots – but you have to play the ball where it lies.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:16 PM

I find inconsistencies in life. Can somebody fix them for me?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 6:56 AM

Doublemochaman:
    Wow!  All the names in that thread brought back a lot of memories.

I thought the same thing James.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 7:54 AM

Looks like OP'ster flew the coop Jan. 22 2012. His last score was an 80. Looks like he brainwashed himself into believing the game was f'ed up. Although he did say it may have been his crappy play.

Wonder where Sgt. Doodles went?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:13 AM

MBaggese:
    FWIW, WGT said VEM is not implemented in the game, you'd have to search for an old post  from WGTNiv, IIRC.

A lot has gone on since Mike.  If you can believe what is written, and I do,  WGTPizza said last October:

"VEM is a crucial system within WGT. I can understand the confusion surrounding this subject, so I sat down with the CEO (and owner of the patent) and he helped me decipher the legalese so that I may share it with you."

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:46 AM

Find inconstancies in the game?

I can't even find it in the dictionary, and I'm one to write.

Lizzie xx

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:56 AM

courteneyfish:
    I find inconsistencies in life. Can somebody fix them for me?

Clear your life's cache and cookies. Just kidding Courtney. : )

The only inconsistencies I find with this game is my own. Like improperly compensating for the wind, misreading a putt, or having difficulty hitting ding.

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:22 AM

I just started to play #1 on St. Andrews w wind 20mph tail wind. Missed the ding on the first try and lost a brand new Callaway s  ball in the creek to the right. M y fault was way right. 2nd shot went straight down the fairway 37 yrds from the hole. Keep that 20 mph wind in mind, i hit 30 yrds on mu second shot and the ball bounced once on this side of the forward creek and then went in. What the *** are you assholes doing to this game? I had to do surveys to get these balls and to have one taken way short of where it should landed is nothing more then harassment and control for your gain. If it doesn't stop and you don't give ma back 1 Callaway s ball, I am going to talk to my attorney and show him just what happens here. I f you think I won't just try me ***. I'm fed up with the lies you say you don't have control of anyones game and yet we follow the calculated shot to find it go somewhere else or fall way short. Gentlemen, that is harassment. My computer is set to measure the amount of information your loading into it at any given time. All i have to do is start to play.  

You say you don't use a VEM to control a game, well I can show when it was done and the only reason for it is that I have not spent any money with WGT only survey credits which I'm sure you get paid for the advertising. And I have bitched about all the crap that goes on with this game. Mr. Cheng, if your not aware of this you may want to investigate it because it could be bringing your game to a fast and abrupt close. With a sizable law suit for harassment and aggrevation

To Ganther, if you just started and have starter clubs and balls , you shouldn't have those problems. However. if you have been a wgt player for a longtime and are Pro or Tour Pro you will notice those inconsistencies with the clubs and where the ball goes. WGT does that so you have to but better clubs and balls and it improves their revenue. They control your game so you will purchase better equipment. Talk to a Tour Master of Legend who has a top of the line set of clubs and Nike balls and ask him is he having the same issues you are?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:41 AM

All the defense attorney will need to do is present your short game stats to the judge.  Case dismissed.

RSS