Forums

Help › Forums

Anyone else find inconstancies in the game.

Fri, Sep 8 2017 12:52 PM (81 replies)
  • anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 8:37 PM

These are a few posts without quotes:

No offence, but yep. The game also uses a system called VEM, which creates weird happenings like the deviations out on the real course.

UMMMMM......there are NO manmade deviations like the VEM.

FWIW, WGT said VEM is not implemented in the game, you'd have to search for an old post  from WGTNiv, IIRC.

Don't kid yourself. When a ball is struck perfectly and dinged then reacts differently...ie. distance or aim the VEM IS being used.

VEM is real, the better you get the tougher it gets.It is designed that way.

The distance off the tee and hole placement should be the only standard deviation. Wind should be variable and when blowing it should be NOT in your face 15 out of 18 holes.

ah hell, I'm stopping here before I get on a roll.

• Glas67
    117 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 8:49 PM

To be fair, I see as many inconsistencies that benefit me than those that don't.  For example, a couple of times tonight I hit a shot (usually an approach, and usually one within 80-120 yds) that I missed the ding on completely, to the extent that I had my head in my hands and thought "oh f***, i've messed this up big time" only to look from between my fingers and see it land 3 feet from the hole.

OTOH, i've seen me miss the ding by a hairs breadth and go wildly off the green (usually on long approaches) and last night, hitting to a green 230 yds away in to 20mph headwind with a 225 3W, I overshot by 30 yds straight in to heavy fescue without a single bounce.

I'm not religious at all but when either of that sht happens, I think "what the Lord giveth, the Lord can take away"....

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:21 AM

I, too, have noticed some inconsistencies until I really started using all the tools on the screen.  I would have nearly the same things happen on various shot types.  But just as in real golf, you have to look at all the conditions.  The lie of the ball, wind direction and speed, elevation, back or forward spin, but most importantly for me anyway is the point of contact with the ball on the swing meter....makes huge difference.

I am a newby and I am almost certain that after I learn what I am doing, and upgrade to better clubs, a lot of these inconsistencies will go away.  A new driver and the use of the Callaway and Zrixon balls made a HUGE difference in that part of the game.

It's much the same as the real game, except for the feel, wish WTG would make stance an addition to any updates to the software!! 

• smiley2009
    33 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 11:30 AM

how do you get out of those barrel sandtraps in st andrew, without getting to maximum

strokes

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 11:41 AM

Those traps are not an inconstant,   they are always there. If you can't get out forward, try hitting sideways or backwards into the faiway. Can save some strokes this way.

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 12:41 PM

Excuse me, when I first started playing wgt golf, the clubs were very forgiving. As I got a little better, they started to drop short of there intended length as stated. So, I got Callaway balls and then it was BOOM I'm hitting over greens and fairways. I found how to get free credits by doing surveys. So I purchased a WGT Tour Pro Driver and my balls (excuse me) started going all over the course. Now I know that some of that is me trying to keep up with the meter speed but other times It didn't appear to be me. I play every day thinking I will get better because I did when I was a Beginner. But it seems no matter how hard I try, it never comes out to be right. Almost like someone is letting me make great scores on the first part of the course but causes little things to go wrong so that I finish not 3 under but 3 or 4 over at the end of  nine. Maybe if I were to spend some money, things would get better. Although I hear from other Pro's and Master's that they are having similar glitches. If there are inconsistencies with the starter clubs then why does  it tell us in the left hand corner what yardage it will fly? Maybe it should say between 15 and 135 yrds depending on the current wind conditions and & of lie X the distance doesn't work either because the clubs are consistent. So all those people with starter clubs will never know  why there shots go short or to long until they buy some Ping's,  Callaways, or Smith & Wesson's. That's a fine business plan gentlemen but a short term gain and an inevitable down fall. When your Tour Pro's and Master's start to leave the game because of  glitches,  your venture will come to an abrupt halt. So maybe it would be a good idea to rethink this program over and give the people what they want and they will upgrade to hit farther and putt better on their own. That's fun competition to drive a ball farther then your partner and putt a little better then Tiger Woods. So I'm asking you, WGT, to look at it hard and see what you have to do to make this game fun again. We don't need more stress, we need stress relief and friendship. So I hope this means something to someone and don't chalk this off as a guy who always complains. Thank You.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 4:54 PM

If you want to get better at the game then buying clubs is the only way to do it. If you want to play the game for fun then don't buy them.

Yes there's sometimes strange things that happen but keep grinding away and the good rounds will become more frequent.

What makes the good players stand out from the rest is how they recover from the bad shots. Same as real golf. You've gotta bite the bullet when the bad things happen and get the composure back and work out the best way of saving par. Only then will the good rounds be produced.

I get frustrated at times but that's what makes me come back and try it all over again. At the end of the day this is the best golf game out there and always will be.

Dazza

• Topcat488
    172 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 10:29 PM

VEM means frustration  (O,o)

VEM means anger  :ß(

VEM means stress   (°?°)

VEM means torment  (x_x)

It means that WGT does not want you too be good!!! Even if you spend a lot of money to get the best equipment... Even if you practice, and practice...They wanna make it real? Right, like i need more real in my life... I want fun... Especially after a hard day of work!

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:39 AM

I'm sorry , you can't tell me WGT  doesn't have the ability to control clubs. Remember when you all started for the first time. Free clubs and balls and they were pretty forgiving because we were not used to the DING. The more we played and learned from others, taught us some tricks and we got our average going down. Others would tell us to get better balls and clubs and we would do much better. So, with survey credits, we were able to got to a Tour Pro Starter set of clubs and wow, Callaway balls. It was amazing how much farther we could drive that ball with much more success on the greens. We watched  our average descend through Hack,. Amateur, Pro to Tour Pro and then one day had a fabulous  -4 on Kiawah and at 66.88 BAM Master level. Like turning 21 again. Within 1 hour my average went up to 75.89. Balls were going everywhere and clubs where all screwed up. Distances weren't right and so I went to the forum and saw others were having the same problems. Now it was interesting when I played with other friends that had Ping 20 golf clubs and Nike balls they were banging em great but I was having problems. Meter was jumping. Someone said try this browser. Another said turn off loop. While another said, turn off the WGT window in the background and that solved the problem. But through all that I got an invite to become a WGT Nation member when I was a Tour Pro and it was only  Masters and above that got that. I was feeling pretty special. Yes I'm sure WGT can throw a control VEM on any player that is not spending money to buy clubs and balls. By the way, now the surveys don't seem to want me any more. So when these WGT Tour balls go its the rock of ages ball I get. And you talk about a fast meter and lack of control. I have nightmares about the ball that broke a window in a building on St. ANDREW  back 9. I love this game and I wish I could help with ideas of making it better but it seems what WGT wants is to make it so tough and their idea of what a real golf course throws at us, to make us buy ,buy ,buy. I've complained so much that the friends I made coming up will no longer play a game with me. I also told WGT that my golf swing on a real course doesn't go faster or s-l-o-w-e-r. It's the same speed every time. I let the club and the ball do the work and it has been doing it for 43 yrs to a 5 handicap. The only reason the meter speed is different is to sell more expensive balls. I understand you need to make money but wouldn't it be the ball and club make the difference in how far it goes. The speed the same and a WGT ball hit with an R9 Driver on a calm day will maybe travel 240 yrds hit on the Ding. a Callway same thing goes 300 yrds and a Nike  320 yrds. So I don't see why there should be a faster meter speed on cheaper balls that don't go as far anyway. So there, believe it or go on not believing and live in a nieve world where, oops I made a mistake or why that ball when to right an awful lot for just barely missing the Ding. And the wind had no effect that 15 mph cross wind or the 40 to 50 % lie made no difference to my calculation by adding it in and  my ball went 20 yrds over. So who's controlling who. Download the Maxathon Cloud Browser and go onlne to WGt and play  game and click the right lower side of the browser and pull up the local IP and the Public IP. Local is you, public is wgt. Watch how much they load on your computer and then say they don't have any control feature. Why would they kick me off a game when I'm having those situations happen and complaining to all the players how disgusted I am with this crap happening. I suggested wgt go back to the old system and get rid of the check. It's degrading and miss understood.I have quit a few times not because of a bad score, but because of being kicked off the game 2 or 3 times in 2 holes. This is enough to piss anyone off and so I would quit the game. We're not all young Tiger Woods. We just want to see happen what we had happen when we were coming up in the game. On the golf course we have a putting green so that we can kind of get a feel of how the greens are going to run. Their pretty consistent with the course and yet you night go over a ft or short 6 inches but it is real. No one controlling your game accept Mother Nature and if you think a VEM is like Mother Nature, maybe you better go back to tech school. I you build it, they will come but if you make them enjoy it , they will stay and promote the game. Buy from you and those who cannot afford to, make surveys available so they can have the nice equipment the others have and they will invite their friends which means more revenue. Your get paid from the survey companies I'm sure so wouldn't it be a good thing to keep them coming up with more surveys like they say they have and then you have a more perfect world. I want to quit complaining and just play my normal game the way I know it. I'm not going to go crazy and start banging in ridiculously low scores but it would be much more fun to play when things respond the way they should. No ifs or butts. Fix it or stop it. Thank You, Charlie

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:01 AM

Charlie... any chance you could condense this into 2 or 3 concise sentences?

RSS